• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I go to Speedway at Lakeside and they charge £17 per adult, £14 Students and Concessions, £12 for unemployed with kids in for a quid or free. They get 1500 there for an unfashionable motor sport located in a freezing cold quarry.

I think people are simple creatures and getting change out of a twenty makes a big difference, especially in these times. I can see that the club needs to charge what it does to survive and for the love of my team I go every time I can even though I do resent the price sometimes.

Regarding value, take a kid to footy then to the Cinema. I know which one Ill complain about value wise.

(Make sure its your kid, the law get funny about that sort of thing)

Regarding value, take a kid to footy then to the Cinema. I know which one Ill complain about value wise.

(Make sure its your kid, the law get funny about that sort of thing)

Depends. The local cinema here does a deal on saturdays - kids full price, adults free. So if I take my kids, it's £12 for all of us. :winking:

Depends. The local cinema here does a deal on saturdays - kids full price, adults free. So if I take my kids, it's £12 for all of us. :winking:

Youd kind of think I would have been the person to know that.

Bugger.

Don't you get deals on bringing children to the family enclosure? Hasn't anyone mentioned that? I would have thought that someone would have mentioned that. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that? :net:

Don't you get deals on bringing children to the family enclosure? Hasn't anyone mentioned that? I would have thought that someone would have mentioned that. Why hasn't anyone mentioned that? :net:

Apparently , there are deals available :whistling:

i think tickets should be around £15 mark and then i think that will put a good 1500 on the gate for some games but all this must be sorted well in advance as the season ticket holder will be out of pocket and will also cost us season ticket holders as well, as for the westham home games i think that will only make a dent of around 200 at tops, just watch their attendances fall if they get in their new stadium, prices will be a joke then.

Yet our lowest crowd of the season was when we charged £5 for the JPT.

That shows that people are more sensitive to the product than the pricing.

Yes, I posted it. And here's the proof from the Football League.

34.2.11 Discounts or special promotions (in each case for one match only) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters provided always that each Club shall be permitted to designate four (4) Matches per Season as 'local promotion' Matches where this Regulation shall be deemed not to apply. Clubs shall notify the Executive of the Matches so designated as and when they are designated.

That means we can lower ticket prices if we want to, just that we need to offer the same deal to away fans (except for four games a season).

I am a season card holder and sit in the West Stand.

Last Saturday I was offered free tickets through a friend to go to West Spam including a meal (along with my two sons one of whom is a seaso in the South).

We went to West Spam.

Must report that the Hammers were awful as was the game in general. England will never win the world cup again if the so called 'Premier League' football I witnessed was anything to go by it was utter tripe.

Although the food was good, I would rather watch the Blues any day!

Why on earth did you go then?

arrrrhhhhh i think it would tho, at £15 thats to good to turn down, you just look at canvey, dont they charge £12 for mickey mouse footie, even southend manor charge around £7-£8 now so im told.

Manor is a fiver mate - worth it, especially tonight, local derby v Gt Wakering.

I think the blues infact the whole of league two is expensive. I bought and England v San Marino ticket for £20 and thats Wembley.

I think £15 standard for league two across the board, maybe Kids £3 each game. I liked it when they used to give freebies to local schools etc, get the parents in buying programmes, burgers, drinks etc. Only empty seats otherwise. Stick them in the South Lower

Manor is a fiver mate - worth it, especially tonight, local derby v Gt Wakering.

I think the blues infact the whole of league two is expensive. I bought and England v San Marino ticket for £20 and thats Wembley.

I think £15 standard for league two across the board, maybe Kids £3 each game. I liked it when they used to give freebies to local schools etc, get the parents in buying programmes, burgers, drinks etc. Only empty seats otherwise. Stick them in the South Lower
if manor are charging £5 for tonights game then that means they have put prices down for this game as when i used to play for manor some games were £6 to get in then, then you look at FA vase and FA cup games you will also find they are at least £7 unless they have gone down as well.

Finances for many people are tough right now , but still think that a pound or two either way is not the main driver for attendances.
If a team is winning and playing well , it will generally attract more bodies through the turnstiles IMO.

Finances for many people are tough right now , but still think that a pound or two either way is not the main driver for attendances.
If a team is winning and playing well , it will generally attract more bodies through the turnstiles IMO.
even when we were top of league two last season i thought our gates were not as good as they should have been, i have not been a season ticket holder for the last two seasons now as that man ron martin makes me cringe in how he runs our club and watching league two every week is not that great and the difference between league one and two is very different in many ways and we need to be in league one very soon, having said that i have still been to every league home game so far this season and would commit to another season ticket if we were in league one as would many others i think.

even when we were top of league two last season i thought our gates were not as good as they should have been, i have not been a season ticket holder for the last two seasons now as that man ron martin makes me cringe in how he runs our club and watching league two every week is not that great and the difference between league one and two is very different in many ways and we need to be in league one very soon, having said that i have still been to every league home game so far this season and would commit to another season ticket if we were in league one as would many others i think.

Having watched a fair few games last season and 3 out of 4 Home League games this season , I think there is though a marked improvement in the way we are trying to play.
If we can 'preach' the gospel and we carry on winning , hopefully those we can get back , might actually stay around this time - hopefully !

I will never understand why people sit in the West with kids, right next to the family section when they can save a lot of money by sitting in the family enclosure. Unless they intend to meet other people in there, it just seems like money down the drain.

And I will never get why people deliberately choose to sit (and even buy STs) in the South Lower, when you can sit the family section in the West for the same price, the view is shocking!

4,900 isnt a bad crowd at this stage in the season, 200 more than this time last year (albeit Exeter brought more than Rotherham Im sure).

You're getting your matches muddled up. We did play Rotherham this time last year, but that was away. When we played Rotherham at home, the attendance was as you said around 200 lower than Saturday's game against Exeter, but that match was played on a Friday night in February!

If you compare the Exeter match with the last Saturday home match in September in previous seasons, then it is in fact only 20 people fewer than the equivalent match last year (against Plymouth) and only 142 people fewer than two years ago.

Look at our last spell in this division though, and our attendance against Exeter is significantly higher than that for the last September Saturday home game for the last five years of that seven-season stretch, the lowest being 3110 against Scunthorpe in 2000.

The Exeter attendance is also higher than our last Saturday home game in September in two of our six seasons spent in the old First Division in the 1990s, and only 13 people lower than another, against Grimsby in 1995.

We are therefore still doing well for the division we are in. The attendance figure may have gone down from our previous home game, but that was a local derby, where you would expect more away fans. That match aside, the trend for our home attendances is still upwards this season.

All great to talk about but the fans are far from the ones that decide what is and isn't 'value for money' for football at this level. It's the agents that dictate that.

£15 a head wouldn't pay for the players we have - at the moment £19/£21 is still leaving us over £100k short every month. We'd need to increase crowds by 1,250 on current levels just to reach our current unsustainable financial position if we put ticket prices at £15. There's no guarantee we'd get anywhere near that.

As a point of reference, £15 is what Braintree are charging as a minimum for Blue Square Prem this year, and they're part time. How many of our players do you think would agree to play part time and if they did, how long would we stay in league 2?

PS this is my 1,000th post. Yay me :happy:

I remember the old Palace chairman Simon Jordan speaking about this on the radio some years back. He said that all the models they looked at, lowering entry prices would never increase the attendances sufficiently to cover the loss in income.

With an average attendance at Roots Hall of say 5,000, each £2.00 drop in ticket prices would require an 556 extra people coming through the turnstile just to break even.

The best way of increasing attendances is winning games.

You're getting your matches muddled up. We did play Rotherham this time last year, but that was away. When we played Rotherham at home, the attendance was as you said around 200 lower than Saturday's game against Exeter, but that match was played on a Friday night in February!

If you compare the Exeter match with the last Saturday home match in September in previous seasons, then it is in fact only 20 people fewer than the equivalent match last year (against Plymouth) and only 142 people fewer than two years ago.

Look at our last spell in this division though, and our attendance against Exeter is significantly higher than that for the last September Saturday home game for the last five years of that seven-season stretch, the lowest being 3110 against Scunthorpe in 2000.

The Exeter attendance is also higher than our last Saturday home game in September in two of our six seasons spent in the old First Division in the 1990s, and only 13 people lower than another, against Grimsby in 1995.

We are therefore still doing well for the division we are in. The attendance figure may have gone down from our previous home game, but that was a local derby, where you would expect more away fans. That match aside, the trend for our home attendances is still upwards this season.

I still haven't completely recovered from that match - absolutely freezing and absolutely awful display !

Back