• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Ron, it always cheers me know to know you are a year older at the very best we should all only have to put up with you for another 15 years at most

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like all these insulting posts on a bloke's birthday.

Sorry Ron , I think the vast majority of Blues fans realsise you do one hell of a job in very difficult circumstances.
If only they knew the half of it.

Last edited:
Don't like all these insulting posts on a blike birthday.

Sorry Ron , I think the vast majority of Blues fans realsise you do one hell of a job in very difficult circumstances.

I disagree. I think most people wish he wasnt anything to do with the club.

The man is rotten to the core.

I agree southchurch the mans doing his best with his restricted finances. not all clubs have wealthy owners.
we have still got a team to support

It's more likely, mind, that the 'vast majority' do not share the sentiment of a what a good job some may believe he's doing. On here, in the pub on matchdays, and supporters in the ground, the consensus from those I've spoken to seems to be that he's bitten off more than he can chew. Which perhaps is the kindest way of putting it.

It's more likely, mind, that the 'vast majority' do not share the sentiment of a what a good job some may believe he's doing. On here, in the pub on matchdays, and supporters in the ground, the consensus from those I've spoken to seems to be that he's bitten off more than he can chew. Which perhaps is the kindest way of putting it.

you may well be correct but all I know is that since he took over we have a good football club with decent support. We have had some good times and some bad times, but we still have a club to support.
UTB

I disagree. I think most people wish he wasnt anything to do with the club.

The man is rotten to the core.

I disagree with you. He's not perfect, but without him who would pay 100k deficit in wages month in month out???

The vast majority of fans realise he hasnt the finances to deliver what he started and has made a total pigs ear of it and that some of the stuff he has done is despicable.

I can't tell anymore if you're being sarcastic or genuinely serious? :sherlock:

I can't tell anymore if you're being sarcastic or genuinely serious? :sherlock:

Southchurch is clearly Ron's new cleaner. It's just one of her many 'extra roles' to post pro Ron comments.

I don't understand this forum. Lots of you give a nasty word on here, but when given the opportunity to speak out to Ron or about him, you all hush up and sit back down red faced. Hiding behind a screen to be nasty is indescribably low, almost shameful.

For me, I am most certainly with those that would like to wish Ron a wonderful birthday. He has done wonders for our club in the last 14 years and if anything the recent troubles that has proven he is here for our club. Like SU BLUE has said, the fact that we have a club to support is marvellous. You only have to look around you to realise that the world has been falling apart. It isn't easy for anyone, let alone for a business that is open 5 days a week but only has one day of business every two. Hardly any of you will want to accept this, but then again, you can't win them all.

So Ron, Happy Birthday and thank you.

I don't understand this forum. Lots of you give a nasty word on here, but when given the opportunity to speak out to Ron or about him, you all hush up and sit back down red faced. Hiding behind a screen to be nasty is indescribably low, almost shameful.

Many on this board have had contact with Ron. I myself have on several occassions having met face to face also.

After being told several things which didn't happen I asked some difficult questions and also proved him wrong with a certain prediction.

He didn't like this so rather than accepting this he threatened me by email with legal action if I contact him again.

That is what you could describe in your last sentence.

Why should we be grateful just because we have a football team? It's been around 100 years before Ron turned up and so have 100s of other football clubs?

Many on this board have had contact with Ron. I myself have on several occassions having met face to face also.

After being told several things which didn't happen I asked some difficult questions and also proved him wrong with a certain prediction.

He didn't like this so rather than accepting this he threatened me by email with legal action if I contact him again.

That is what you could describe in your last sentence.

Why should we be grateful just because we have a football team? It's been around 100 years before Ron turned up and so have 100s of other football clubs?

Relax. These comments are made by an aptly named poster who, in his only previous post, declared himself a "clueless fool".

For me, I am most certainly with those that would like to wish Ron a wonderful birthday. He has done wonders for our club in the last 14 years and if anything the recent troubles that has proven he is here for our club. Like SU BLUE has said, the fact that we have a club to support is marvellous. You only have to look around you to realise that the world has been falling apart. It isn't easy for anyone, let alone for a business that is open 5 days a week but only has one day of business every two. Hardly any of you will want to accept this, but then again, you can't win them all.

So Ron, Happy Birthday and thank you.

I contest that he is here for the long term financial benefits of the proposed move to Fossetts Farm; and good luck to him if he is. The 'I love Southend United' bollocks that he has spouted in the past is IMO akin to the badge kissing goal scorer who leaves for more money at the first opportunity. Please don't dress it up as something it isn't; it's both boring and embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back