• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So you suggest they were not paid for February. Even if that were an excuse, what was their excuse so many other times?

I said ask the Chairman!

If the players are not being paid on time regularly and I said IF. Then that won't help the situation. You cannot blame it all on that though granted. But it would be a bit unsettling for them.

Anyway this is going off topic.

Eastwood?....A massive shame it hasn't worked out. Is it anyones fault?...probably a combination of many peoples mistakes.

It was in reply to rab above.

And I will write what I like thanks very much.

Fair enough on the first point.

Second point not so agreeable. If you have hard facts, why not just state them? Anyone could say anything, just seems a little bit silly to start banging on about non payment of wages again.

You are right, we can all say what we want, we just need to make sure we are clear and what we say is actual factual.

I could say ask the chairman about Sturrock quitting on Monday, or ask the chairman about Eastwood leaving. Neither are facts, just a leading statement to stir up more discontent on here, which is what I guess you were trying to do with your non-payment of wages post.

Fair enough on the first point.

Second point not so agreeable. If you have hard facts, why not just state them? Anyone could say anything, just seems a little bit silly to start banging on about non payment of wages again.

You are right, we can all say what we want, we just need to make sure we are clear and what we say is actual factual.

I could say ask the chairman about Sturrock quitting on Monday, or ask the chairman about Eastwood leaving. Neither are facts, just a leading statement to stir up more discontent on here, which is what I guess you were trying to do with your non-payment of wages post.

Not trying to stir anything.

Just saying could a potential late payment of wages have a detrimental effect on player performance?

Not trying to stir anything.

Just saying could a potential late payment of wages have a detrimental effect on player performance?

Not sure what date they get paid but it's only the 2nd today. Not sure if late wage payments are a regular thing but if the last 3 months are anything to go by, they haven't been paid at all if the theory of non payment means poor performances.

It was the 1st on Friday, there will have been absolute fortunes through the tills on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday of last week. Cannot believe for one moment that the players won't have been paid for February, even if possibly not actually received in hand as yet.

Last edited:
I would like Sturrock to explain, why Kevan Hurst has suddenly become a central midfield player. Beggars belief he has chosen this option as it has denied the team it's best attacking option. Clohessy is not the same attacking player without Hurst playing in front of him. As for Brit play to his strengths and he will respond. He is feeding on scraps at the moment, mostly aerial !! Freddy well he was on for a couple of minutes and still had time to lay a pretty decent chance on for Mohsni.

I would like Sturrock to explain, why Kevan Hurst has suddenly become a central midfield player. Beggars belief he has chosen this option as it has denied the team it's best attacking option. Clohessy is not the same attacking player without Hurst playing in front of him. As for Brit play to his strengths and he will respond. He is feeding on scraps at the moment, mostly aerial !! Freddy well he was on for a couple of minutes and still had time to lay a pretty decent chance on for Mohsni.

Hurst scored a cracker today from CM....enough said

No, I agree, I'd have much rather had Leonard in the middle today with Hurst wide. Lund did ok but he's not up to playing that role without someone far more competent in CM alongside him.
Hurst scored a cracker today from CM....enough said
He didn't score from a CM position, but from wide left.

It was the 1st on Friday, there will have been absolute fortunes through the tills on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday of last week. Cannot believe for one moment that the players won't have been paid for January, even if possibly not actually received in hand as yet.

I hope they have been paid for January!

Would explain a lot if not!

:hilarious:

No, I agree, I'd have much rather had Leonard in the middle today with Hurst wide. Lund did ok but he's not up to playing that role without someone far more competent in CM alongside him.

He didn't score from a CM position, but from wide left.

Wrong, Mayor was playing wide left, Hurst was in the middle, Mayor fed the ball into him, Hurst turned and planted the ball in the top corner. That is what happened so don't even try and argue it.

East stand were shouting for Freddy & BBC to come on earlier but to no avail :sad:

Damn right we where brit not looking as sharp as he has been at start of season and bilel played very well brilliant firat touches and passes. although felt bilel would have been more suited to the middle off the pitch as we could have done with some killer passes to a striker who can shoot.

As for the guy in east blacks taking a disliking to my shout of well done sturrock too late now regarding a 90 MIN sub. as you rightly said back what has he done all season nothing he has never been given a fair chance! Lack of playing time is noticeble although all but one touch freddy still has talent!

Wrong, Mayor was playing wide left, Hurst was in the middle, Mayor fed the ball into him, Hurst turned and planted the ball in the top corner. That is what happened so don't even try and argue it.

Are you so addicted to proving people wrong that you can't even accept the fact that playing a winger with more assists than the rest of the team put together out of position is daft as ****?

Also, Hurst picked the ball up on the corner of the box. A position he would find himself in far more regularly playing as a winger than as a centre midfielder.

I think Sturrock got his team badly wrong today. For one of the few times in his time here I think he had a stinker.

Fred got an eye for a pass, decent ball control, give him a try as attacking fidfielder, cant do much worse than the present lot.

Don't you just think that we put our expectations too high as fans?

Wasn't there today, but come on! If we was as amazing as some of you say, then we'd be winning every game! Get a grip! We're in this league for a reason... Stop expecting so much, stop slagging off the team and Sturrock and back them!

Jesus Christ.

Back them? going to the game is a start.

I hope they have been paid for January!

Would explain a lot if not!

:hilarious:

Ok, ok....months confused, meant Feb!

Are you so addicted to proving people wrong that you can't even accept the fact that playing a winger with more assists than the rest of the team put together out of position is daft as ****?

Also, Hurst picked the ball up on the corner of the box. A position he would find himself in far more regularly playing as a winger than as a centre midfielder.

I think Sturrock got his team badly wrong today. For one of the few times in his time here I think he had a stinker.
I meant that when Hurst scored the goal (as the_forgotten_man has realised) he was in a left midfield position, not that that was where he was played!

Well perhaps you should ask our chairman if the lads have been paid for February?...

It was the 1st on Friday, there will have been absolute fortunes through the tills on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday of last week. Cannot believe for one moment that the players won't have been paid for February, even if possibly not actually received in hand as yet.

Certain individuals on the Zone appear to have access to insider information for all aspects of the club.

Perhaps the Wembley monies have to go into an account direct to the Football League.

Well said that man, spot on!

Back