• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you so addicted to proving people wrong that you can't even accept the fact that playing a winger with more assists than the rest of the team put together out of position is daft as ****?

Also, Hurst picked the ball up on the corner of the box. A position he would find himself in far more regularly playing as a winger than as a centre midfielder.

I think Sturrock got his team badly wrong today. For one of the few times in his time here I think he had a stinker.

No I'm not, Hurst is excellent on the wing and I'd prefer him there. My point is I said he scored from a CM position and OBL said he was on the wing. He Wasn't.

Ok, ok....months confused, meant Feb!

I meant that when Hurst scored the goal (as the_forgotten_man has realised) he was in a left midfield position, not that that was where he was played!

How could he have been, Mayor was out wide and passed the ball in field to Hurst who was on the edge of the 18 yard box, a CM position.

Getting back the original subject Freddy actually started laughing when asked to come on yesterday. I know we don't see what goes on in training and Sturrock see's him everyday but I never though I'd see Freddy as disheartened as yesterday. I for one would be the first to admit at times this season he hasn't looked overly bothered but yesterday you could really tell how much he wanted to be out there!

Would you give game time to a player who isn't committed to training and unprofessional off the pitch ? Just asking and also would you play someone ahead off 2 leading goalscorers that's Stuurocks dilemma ! Moshni was a class apart from any player on the pitch today as he had the ability to lift his head and play people in to feet
At this level,yes I would..................Seen four of the last seven games and Britt is looking more and more tired and needs IMO a two week rest. Freddy needs an extended run to pick up on the momentum of a 90 minute match which he has not got in his game at the mo, along with the sharpeness which can only be achieved by playing. Nothing to lose by playing him in every match from now until the end of the season. If it does'nt work he goes back to the bench and we stay in Lge 2.

As much as I love Freddy, I agree that he is still overweight, and when he broke into a sprint at Barnet I detected that he was running with a slight limp....

i know im going to get abuse for this, but hey ho.... why dont we play 4-3-1-2 against Port Vale, with Hurst, Lund and Laird/Woodyard in Midfield, Eastwood in behind Corr and Moshni :winking: leave britt on the bench for if we need an extra striker

Last edited:
As much as I love Freddy, I agree that he is still overweight, and when he broke into a sprint at Barnet I detected that he was running with a slight limp....
Freddy has always looked like that when he's jogging around!

i know im going to get abuse for this, but hey ho.... why dont we play 4-3-1-2 against Port Vale, with Hurst, Lund and Laird/Woodyard in Midfield, Eastwood in behind Corr and Moshni :winking: leave britt on the bench for if we need an extra striker

Keep it simple, this isnt Football Manager.

We played Freddy behind Tomlin and Britt against Barnet and went 2-0 down.

Would you give game time to a player who isn't committed to training and unprofessional off the pitch ? Just asking and also would you play someone ahead off 2 leading goalscorers that's Stuurocks dilemma ! Moshni was a class apart from any player on the pitch today as he had the ability to lift his head and play people in to feet

Anyone else find it ironic that you question whether Eastwood should be picked after indicating he has commitment and professionalism issues but then praise Mohsni? Has Bilel been "professional" and "committed" this season? Think carefully.....

:stunned:

We're missing a spark right now up top, Assombalonga looks woefully short on confidence and is clearly missing his partner-in-crime Tomlin (as are we!). If Eastwood is FIT - and no-one really knows for sure if he is - I'd like to see him start.

I fail to understand the principle of brining on anyone on with 1 minute to go unless you are one up and wish to waste time or disrupt the other side.

Anyone else find it ironic that you question whether Eastwood should be picked after indicating he has commitment and professionalism issues but then praise Mohsni? Has Bilel been "professional" and "committed" this season? Think carefully.....

:stunned:

We're missing a spark right now up top, Assombalonga looks woefully short on confidence and is clearly missing his partner-in-crime Tomlin (as are we!). If Eastwood is FIT - and no-one really knows for sure if he is - I'd like to see

This is Eastwood fit or not fit, is becoming a bloody joke. As far as i can understand he is maybe half a stone overweight, more of a problem seems to be this never ending knee, or is it leg injury, that he may or may not still be carrying. FE keeps saying he is fit to play, but PS must be seeing something that he doesnt like about his general fitness to keep on not picking him. This he was signed over PS head and he didnt want him here, and thats why he doesnt get a game i dont buy, BM has buggered Sturrock around no end, and yet is back playing. So the guessing game goes on, so my guess is this is Freds last season, because of an injury that will not clear up.

This is Eastwood fit or not fit, is becoming a bloody joke. As far as i can understand he is maybe half a stone overweight, more of a problem seems to be this never ending knee, or is it leg injury, that he may or may not still be carrying. FE keeps saying he is fit to play, but PS must be seeing something that he doesnt like about his general fitness to keep on not picking him. This he was signed over PS head and he didnt want him here, and thats why he doesnt get a game i dont buy, BM has buggered Sturrock around no end, and yet is back playing. So the guessing game goes on, so my guess is this is Freds last season, because of an injury that will not clear up.

Sturrock has said at the Q&A that he wanted to sign Eastwood so you are right not to.

Sturrock has said at the Q&A that he wanted to sign Eastwood so you are right not to.

But as he continually doesn't start him or gives him a few minutes here and there do you not think that Mr. Sturrock may not being a little economical with the truth under the orders of Uncle Ron?

But as he continually doesn't start him or gives him a few minutes here and there do you not think that Mr. Sturrock may not being a little economical with the truth under the orders of Uncle Ron?

No I don't, I think Sturrock doesn't think he is up to it.

I'd rather he gave him a chance personally but don't think there's anything untoward in it.

If he believed Eastwood was the answer he would play him the same as he has with Mohsni.

Sturrock has massive issues with player biasty.

He didnt even want to offer Granty a contract in the summer because he wasn't his own despite being the most talented center midfielder at the club during his time.

Gave his son a pro career when never close to being good enough. Where is he playing now?

Eastwoods not his own. He won't give him the chance to prove him wrong.

The real question that needs answering is why are Lund and Mayor at the club as they are simply NOT good enough , oh how we are missing Timlin and Laird .

Back