• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glad I chose not to go now.

Oh well, Fa Cup draw to look forward to tomorrow.

Utter garbage. Still can't defend a ball into the box and the first goal is a shocker. Don't remember us working their keeper at all.

Please PB find a loan striker who can score...... his form has been the reason he's playing not the loan deal as I said. I wait for all the abuse now.

Please PB find a loan striker who can score...... his form has been the reason he's playing not the loan deal as I said. I wait for all the abuse now.

Still banging that old drum eh ?

Weird how we extended his loan if we dont want to play him isnt it.

Worth pointing out he has scored as many as Corr since he has been here, and Corr had a penalty. Are we forced to play Corr as well?

On the coach reading chris philips tweets and PBs quotes and i am convinced that i now know that i know sod all about football.
All i hear is defence defence defence, thats our problem
Upto today, we had and have a great defensive record, who ever plays in the back 5 play.
Today we totally lost midfield, coupled with bloody forwards who kept giving the ball away.
Hence we were always under pressure at the back and on the back foot.
i like Woodrows industry, but he had chances before going behind, as well as always being caught offside.
A bad few days, but looking forward to the Mansfield game
UTB

Sounds like today the missing Phillips and White cost us, and we were beaten by the better team. Need a win or even a draw against the stags on Friday. Do not want a repeat of the run of 3 wins followed by 4 defeats

Sounds like today the missing Phillips and White cost us, and we were beaten by the better team. Need a win or even a draw against the stags on Friday. Do not want a repeat of the run of 3 wins followed by 4 defeats
Definitely missed white.Ryan struggled abit, but i do think he is going to go on and be a fine right back.
Just read Chris Philips thinks they are the best team we have played.Lol
It was more about how poor we played,because we would have made most teams look good today.

On the coach reading chris philips tweets and PBs quotes and i am convinced that i now know that i know sod all about football.
All i hear is defence defence defence, thats our problem
Upto today, we had and have a great defensive record, who ever plays in the back 5 play.
Today we totally lost midfield, coupled with bloody forwards who kept giving the ball away.
Hence we were always under pressure at the back and on the back foot.
i like Woodrows industry, but he had chances before going behind, as well as always being caught offside.
A bad few days, but looking forward to the Mansfield game
UTB

Just back....484 of us, one down to a shocker, Mr Bentley hands up for that one ...(count yourself lucky your name is not Smith...the torrent of abuse would fill 12 pages)!!

Cracker of an equaliser Mr Coker....shame we couldn't have shut up shop until half-time.

2nd half was dire...over-run in midfield, front 2 struggled, flick-on's didn't work, passes went astray, defence very fragile as well....hey ho ...another day out on the Shrimper's roller coaster!!

Our problem was today was giving them too much space, it looked like we didn't have wingers or full backs. Newport got the ball flicked it over the top and just kept doing it time after time and it could of been more than 3 if it wasn't for Bentley.

Bentley - 8 - MOM - Couldn't do a lot about the goals and made a real worldy at the end.

Coker - 6 - Nicely taken free kick for his goal, went well forward in the first but no one to help him out, gave the ball away a lot.

Kiernan - 6 - Pick of the defenders looked like the only one who could defend.

Prosser - 4 - Struggled to deal with Newports bigger players and got done like a kipper time after time. Not his best game.

Auger - 5 - Didn't look comfortable, not sure what his natural position but he looked out of his comfort zone all game.

Clifford - 5 - Not the player I saw at Oxford and didn't really see much of the ball and taken off very early into the 2nd half.

Atkinson - 6 - Looked lively but everything he put into the box was met by a Newport player or a 50 pence head of our strikers.

Leonard - 7 - Pick of the midfield, composed and strong although his throw ins weren't as great as normal.

Hurst - 5 - very disappointing push off the ball way too easily time after time.

Woodrow - 5 - He runs a lot, gets in the right positions but his end product is non existant. Too similar to Corr and in his way during a scoring opertunity.

Corr - 6 - Not the greatest performance but it's Barry Corr he can do no wrong.

Subs:
Payne - 7 - First time I have seen him and he works so hard, I really like him bags of effort and not afraid to run at players although Newport are quite a big robust team and out muscled him quite often.

Timlin - 4 - I honestly forgot he was on the pitch.

Reid - 5 - Didn't do a lot.

A good start, they scored against the run of play we got back up scored a cracking free kick and just couldn't hold it till half time and conceded from a bloody corner. I think if we went in at half time 1-1 the score may of been different.

Our problem was today was giving them too much space, it looked like we didn't have wingers or full backs. Newport got the ball flicked it over the top and just kept doing it time after time and it could of been more than 3 if it wasn't for Bentley.

Bentley - 8 - MOM - Couldn't do a lot about the goals and made a real worldy at the end.

Coker - 6 - Nicely taken free kick for his goal, went well forward in the first but no one to help him out, gave the ball away a lot.

Kiernan - 6 - Pick of the defenders looked like the only one who could defend.

Prosser - 4 - Struggled to deal with Newports bigger players and got done like a kipper time after time. Not his best game.

Auger - 5 - Didn't look comfortable, not sure what his natural position but he looked out of his comfort zone all game.

Clifford - 5 - Not the player I saw at Oxford and didn't really see much of the ball and taken off very early into the 2nd half.

Atkinson - 6 - Looked lively but everything he put into the box was met by a Newport player or a 50 pence head of our strikers.

Leonard - 7 - Pick of the midfield, composed and strong although his throw ins weren't as great as normal.

Hurst - 5 - very disappointing push off the ball way too easily time after time.

Woodrow - 5 - He runs a lot, gets in the right positions but his end product is non existant. Too similar to Corr and in his way during a scoring opertunity.

Corr - 6 - Not the greatest performance but it's Barry Corr he can do no wrong.

Subs:
Payne - 7 - First time I have seen him and he works so hard, I really like him bags of effort and not afraid to run at players although Newport are quite a big robust team and out muscled him quite often.

Timlin - 4 - I honestly forgot he was on the pitch.

Reid - 5 - Didn't do a lot.

A good start, they scored against the run of play we got back up scored a cracking free kick and just couldn't hold it till half time and conceded from a bloody corner. I think if we went in at half time 1-1 the score may of been different.
Some strange scoring here mate
Corr-3 all day long
reid -did nothing
Daniel- 7 great saves but he and kiernan no communication for the 1st goalJust like Dagenham game
Prosser- 6 Didnt miss an header and other than when he got beat to a ball, was composed fir most of the match
Hurst/Atkinson/Clifford - 4 worst i have seen them play
Augar- 5 left exposed to often
coker-6 usual busy self

Woodrow-6 busy should have scored
Kiernan 6 quiet day never was asked to do alot

Some strange scoring here mate
Corr-3 all day long
reid -did nothing
Daniel- 7 great saves but he and kiernan no communication for the 1st goalJust like Dagenham game
Prosser- 6 Didnt miss an header and other than when he got beat to a ball, was composed fir most of the match
Hurst/Atkinson/Clifford - 4 worst i have seen them play
Augar- 5 left exposed to often
coker-6 usual busy self

Woodrow-6 busy should have scored
Kiernan 6 quiet day never was asked to do alot

So apart from Corr and a couple where you have scored 1 less how is that strange? :smiles:

just got back in, the real highlights, Payne gave us a boost for around 5 mns when he came on, Coker's Fantastic looking Free kick, & thats it, Bentley... What on earth where you doing for the first one, second one, should off been cleared, and there was no stopping the third one, bullet header straight in, also, after they sang "we're sheep shagging *******s" we didnt sing AT ALL (and that was in the 40th (ish) minute :thumbdown:

Ok, that wasn't the best but he made up for it later on with that worldy.

Wasnt the best??? He basically missed the ball and left their guy to tap into an empty net. For that alone he duesnt deserve much above 6!

Back