• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my Watford supporting colleague he is blessed with both Height and pace. Was disappointed we didn't get him, very highly rated at Watford

If we had signed him I would be booking my Southend promotion party now.

So that means Fred scored 18 in 200,Even worse than I thought.

You can't just take out games to suit your fancy. Stop manipulating stats. Eastwood has 30 goals in his last 107 league starts, better than a goal every 4 games.

If we had signed him I would be booking my Southend promotion party now.

Why? He has played 4 games and scored 2 goals, so lets edit that to 3 games and no goals then.

Chappetz:winking:

So we only include games started?,Oh brother.

That is the accepted goals to game ratio used by pretty much everyone. The reason being that if a player starts a game, they will more than likely complete the game (11 start and maximum of 3 subs mean 72% will play 90 minutes). Coming off the bench is impossible to judge as they could have played hardly any time.

Therefore, the most accepted way of doing goals to games ratio is the amount of goals scored divided by the amount of games started.

That is the accepted goals to game ratio used by pretty much everyone. The reason being that if a player starts a game, they will more than likely complete the game (11 start and maximum of 3 subs mean 72% will play 90 minutes). Coming off the bench is impossible to judge as they could have played hardly any time.

Therefore, the most accepted way of doing goals to games ratio is the amount of goals scored divided by the amount of games started.

Exactly. Plus the games coming on from the bench usually just make up for those where the player doesn't complete the 90 minutes. Five in nine starts for Eastwood this season would be how most people not looking to manipulate the stats would state his goalscoring record to be.

Exactly. Plus the games coming on from the bench usually just make up for those where the player doesn't complete the 90 minutes. Five in nine starts for Eastwood this season would be how most people not looking to manipulate the stats would state his goalscoring record to be.

It's been pointed out that Fred scored 1 from the bench!

Oh well every sick note player more so strikers can all rest easy because their stats overall are now far better than they thought.

Oh well every sick note player more so strikers can all rest easy because their stats overall are now far better than they thought.

broken-record2.gif

I never said that he didn't score one from the bench.

I'm sure most strikers know exactly how their goal stats are recorded. Considering that you actually want to remove whole seasons from the record because they don't suit your argument I'm not sure you're the best person to be having a conversation about selective use of goal records.

Oh well every sick note player more so strikers can all rest easy because their stats overall are now far better than I thought.

Corrected for accuracy

Does anyone think its odd Barnard has signed and has already featured in 3 games ? Just seems weird ? Could it be in his contract he has to play ?

According to my Watford supporting colleague he is blessed with both Height and pace. Was disappointed we didn't get him, very highly rated at Watford

I just wonder if PB has someone else in mind to bring in up front to help get us over the line. But he would have to explain to Ron the signing Barny. But then again Ron is desperate to get out of this basement.

Slaughtering the bloke?,How,I stated facts after all this is a forum to discuss issues concerning our club.Now if I was on here ranting whilst using abusive language toward the players..I could understand yet I just stated the obvious these guys are goal shy whilst providing their past ratio's to back up my thinking.Yes we all want them to score but the sad truth is they ain't.

Sorry if this offends anyone including the players if they read this.

You must try harder,

Find where I state they are useless?
Woodrow was untested and failed IMO,Fair enough he had a reasonable spell in the team but ultimately failed.

Footballers age!,Forwards will find it harder when they lose fitness or the pace they once had,I trot out the recent stats available and Barnard's are nothing special,Why has he ended up back here?Why hasn't any club been interested in signing him from Southampton?

Every player at whatever level are judged on doing it week in week out,What if Bentley started throwing them in,How long would he remain in the team?The truth with Barnard is his form over the last 2 years has been mediocre!

I don't know, maybe in the same post, where you state he is mediocre. Or.....

I know I will be shot down by many of your good selves but this is now getting ridiculous as our so called forwards draw another blank,They even could not score in the midweek friendly,Phil has to take a gamble on another youngster on loan who has more success than the Fulham boy.The lack of goals up front will cost us in the end as we cannot expect the midfield or defenders to out score the opposition.

Corr 2 in 13
Eastwood 0 in 13
Barnard 0 in 9

I don't know much about football but those ratio's are terrible.

Mediocre, terrible, so called forwards, had his day, lack of goals will cost us. It's bad enough you manipulate stats to show half a picture to support your sensationlist claims in what looks like a desperate attempt to show how much more knowledgable than everyone else you are; but it hardly supports your feeble argument when you say one thing, then deny it in the next post. Some consistency might help, if not, stick to your conviction's. You can't call someone terrible, mediocre, etc in one post, and deny slating them in the next breath, it takes away the little credibility you have left.

It's bad enough you're criticising a player that hasn't even had 180 minutes under his belt for us. No goals in less than two games, someone better tell Pellegrini to ship out his entire forward line. They've had their chance.

I just wonder if PB has someone else in mind to bring in up front to help get us over the line. But he would have to explain to Ron the signing Barny. But then again Ron is desperate to get out of this basement.

Who could he realistically have in mind though?

Anyone brought in on loan at our level will be a gamble and far more likely to get a Woodrow than an Assombalonga.

Assombalonga was useless anyway, only scored 1 goal in his last 7 which is a terrible ratio and the same as Woodrows last 7 games. Facts dont lie!

White flag is raised I surrender as there are too many of my quotes being put on offer.

Our forwards are brilliant and I predict they will score 30 between themselves in the remaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back