• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 46 games 7 goals,They are the facts including 3 games for us.

I've posted the complete facts of every league game he has played since leaving us which gives the true picture, you are only going back to a certain date that paints the picture in favour of your argument.

If you want to keep it recent he scored 7 goals in 32 appearances last season, a rating of 1:4.5, you are including the 7 games the season before which were in the championship. Obviously you stopped there because in the season before he scored plenty in league one which would have killed your argument.

I've posted the complete facts of every league game he has played since leaving us which gives the true picture, you are only going back to a certain date that paints the picture in favour of your argument.

If you want to keep it recent he scored 7 goals in 32 appearances last season, a rating of 1:4.5, you are including the 7 games the season before which were in the championship. Obviously you stopped there because in the season before he scored plenty in league one which would have killed your argument.

Thanks for reminding me because his last 2 games for Southampton were blanks,So 48 games 7 goals.

Chappertz,

Barnards last 46 games he has scored 7,Nearly 1 in 7.

Yet again, very selective. When seeing how a striker does it League 2, hardly fair to judge him on 9 games in the Championship when he didn't play regularly.

It is Chapperz and not Chappertz, pease get it right love x

Last edited:
If Eastwood gets offered a new deal i think it would be with a lowish basic wage and a decent appearance and goal bonus.

If Eastwood gets offered a new deal i think it would be with a lowish basic wage and a decent appearance and goal bonus.

Yeah agreed,

However I can see Fred calling it a day at the end of this season .

Thanks for reminding me because his last 2 games for Southampton were blanks,So 48 games 7 goals.

Yet 32 games and 7 goals last season in a league that resembles the quality of ours.

Same as the Woodrow situation, you want to ignore the blatant facts and use whatever you can to suit your argument.

You were saying all of our strikers were useless, yet two of them you cant argue are within your acceptable limits and are using stats from 2 seasons ago to validate your claim about Barnard, completely ignoring recent more relevant stats

Yet 32 games and 7 goals last season in a league that resembles the quality of ours.

Same as the Woodrow situation, you want to ignore the blatant facts and use whatever you can to suit your argument.

You were saying all of our strikers were useless, yet two of them you cant argue are within your acceptable limits and are using stats from 2 seasons ago to validate your claim about Barnard, completely ignoring recent more relevant stats

You must try harder,

Find where I state they are useless?
Woodrow was untested and failed IMO,Fair enough he had a reasonable spell in the team but ultimately failed.

Footballers age!,Forwards will find it harder when they lose fitness or the pace they once had,I trot out the recent stats available and Barnard's are nothing special,Why has he ended up back here?Why hasn't any club been interested in signing him from Southampton?

Every player at whatever level are judged on doing it week in week out,What if Bentley started throwing them in,How long would he remain in the team?The truth with Barnard is his form over the last 2 years has been mediocre!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet again, very selective. When seeing how a striker does it League 2, hardly fair to judge him on 9 games in the Championship when he didn't play regularly.

It is Chapperz and not Chappertz, people get it right love x

You said his ratio was 1 in 3(Which in his heyday it was)So his last 48 games should have yielded 16 goals not 7.

Before he took to the air I wonder whether PB noticed the two goals scored by an alleged striker target, Uche Izpeau, on loan at Crewe from Watford. Pace is one thing we do not have in abundance in our strikers.

You must try harder,

You went out of your way to start a thread named "so called strikers" and then said they would cost us promotion and have repeatedly said all 3 arent good enough, I shortened it to useless which is what Im sure you meant!

Woodrow was untested and failed IMO,Fair enough he had a reasonable spell in the team but ultimately failed.

Footballers age!,Forwards will find it harder when they lose fitness or the pace they once had,I trot out the recent stats available and Barnard's are nothing special,Why has he ended up back here?Why hasn't any club been interested in signing him from Southampton?

Every player at whatever level are judged on doing it week in week out,What if Bentley started throwing them in,How long would he remain in the team?The truth with Barnard is his form over the last 2 years has been mediocre!

Well not according to you, his form last year was 7 goals in 32, which is within your acceptable limits! Having to then pull games from 2 years ago into your stats, in a league two above us just smarts of desperation in trying to prove your point.

You can keep twisting the stats to try to justify your argument, but his most recent season was last year, and he did ok so why not actually give him a chance before writing him off?!

Before he took to the air I wonder whether PB noticed the two goals scored by an alleged striker target, Uche Izpeau, on loan at Crewe from Watford. Pace is one thing we do not have in abundance in our strikers.
Agree with this.

You must try harder,

He has hardly played and picked up an injury that kept him out for most of the 2011-12 season..."mediocre" can't describe that.

He was a big target man, not a pacy striker wasnt he?

Bless you. Do you need a tissue?

He was a big target man, not a pacy striker wasnt he?

Doesn't look too sluggish. Scored Crewe's first and second goal.

[video=youtube;LLkCINJ5sy8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLkCINJ5sy8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back