• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why are we dissecting Bentley? Have we run out of people to blame for our recent dip?

There's always got to be a scapegoat and well everyone else has had a grilling so let's pick on our better players.

I haven't seen the Northampton goals yet but I have seen enough of Bentley to know that he should be spending the rest of this season learning from the bench.Despite his many fine diving stops and undoubted promise, he's barely adequate for 1st team football at this stage of his career.A lot of fans kid themselves he's a lot better than he is,probably because he's young,local and waves to the crowd-unlike Paul Smith-a highly competent experienced keeper.Situation not helped by ridiculous claims by the manager who just loves the sound of his own voice.

Funniest sentence in the history of Shrimperzone. Well done sir.

Don't usually bother to look at the names contributors are using,but have noticed here that "Davewebbs-" has erroneously been imposed in place of"Iamcompletelywithouta-".
Funniest sentence in the history of Shrimperzone. Well done sir.

I haven't seen the Northampton goals yet but I have seen enough of Bentley to know that he should be spending the rest of this season learning from the bench.Despite his many fine diving stops and undoubted promise, he's barely adequate for 1st team football at this stage of his career.A lot of fans kid themselves he's a lot better than he is,probably because he's young,local and waves to the crowd-unlike Paul Smith-a highly competent experienced keeper.Situation not helped by ridiculous claims by the manager who just loves the sound of his own voice.

You sir are either a bell-end or Paul Smith. What is he going to learn from the bench?

Don't usually bother to look at the names contributors are using,but have noticed here that "Davewebbs-" has erroneously been imposed in place of"Iamcompletelywithouta-".

Paul Smith is far from competent. You are either:

A) Paul Smith
B) Paul Smith's dad
C) A clueless idiot.

I know which option I'm leaning towards

Please tell me you aren't serious?

ok - if you had to value our defence right now...

White £100k Thompson £100k Phillips £50k Prosser £250k Coker £250k Bentley £500k

any arguments?

these are relative not absolute figures, of course

I would sell them all for those prices!

Bentley has massive potential, but far from finished article.
My main concern is his dominance of his own 6 yard box, from corners,free kicks etc,if your a centre half you should be waiting for your head to be taken off(after a call) obviously, this is not the best part of his game and as a keeper that is your area, command this and centre halves only need to be there for marking purposes.
I can see a great future for Dan and hope we can keep him as with maturity he will be a great keeper.

The York keeper was superb at this on Saturday. Their defenders knew he was going to come for every high ball into the box so they just got out of his way.

What has he done that show he has become over confident?!

Bentley was getting bigged up and he is a decent young keeper. I didnt quite ever buy he was as good as some people seemed to think as he was being judged in a winning side.

Look at Flahavan, player of the year when we went up, slated when we got relegated.

Keepers look good when you are winning and get more flack when you aren't, whether its their fault or not.

He certainly has made the position his own and deserves to be our no.1

this.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif

he is21, h ha so much time in the game and a lot to learn, he will make it to the top but there is no rush.

I take notice of this deffo. I think you were a GK in your hey day.
hats%20off%20new%20aug%202010.gif
but got all bulshy because you wanted to play CB:winking:

A remarkable life story:Worthy:

Big claim here, but I think Bentley is the best goalkeeper that I have seen at 1 on 1's since Peter Schmichael

Don't think I know my onions when it comes to goalkeepers? Go view the World Cup 2010 squad predictions thread from Sep/Oct 2009

Big claim here, but I think Bentley is the best goalkeeper that I have seen at 1 on 1's since Peter Schmichael

Don't think I know my onions when it comes to goalkeepers? Go view the World Cup 2010 squad predictions thread from Sep/Oct 2009

He comes off his line quick, makes himself big and blocks the ball every time. One of his best assets

That may well be one of his strengths but not comparable to players in the higher leagues until he faces the same level of opposition.

Going one on one with a league two donkey might be a bit easier than against Suarez :smile:

This is ludicrous.
Bentley has great promise and is learning his trade behind a currently threadbare and porous defence.
Over the years we have had much worse keepers with far more experience.

Give the lad a chance!!!

Back