• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

james_c

First XI
some of our fans are so fickle what the hell is this over reaction about? Tomlin didnt start scoring straight away.
It baffles me apparently we are in a crisis this early on in the season. IMO someones in for a spanking very soon and i very much enjoy going southend now more than i have for the whole sturrock era. If we are still stuttering along around christmas until then I wouldnt worry but i have a feeling once coulthirst gets one he will get a few.

Personally I'm not too worried at the moment. However I would say we didn't score enough goals last season and that bad habbit continues to bite us on the bum. I know these things can take a little time and I guess the positive is we are creating. So I guess its just a matter of giving it a little longer to see how it pans out.

Personally I'm not too worried at the moment. However I would say we didn't score enough goals last season and that bad habbit continues to bite us on the bum. I know these things can take a little time and I guess the positive is we are creating. So I guess it is just a matter of giving it a little longer to see how it pans out.

Ok, but we did score 2 goals today away from home. Just want to chuck that out there. :smile:

Ok, but we did score 2 goals today away from home. Just want to chuck that out there. :smile:

Jam, you seem to disagree with most posts on here. For example, I think you have only ever agreed with me once in all these years. I can't be speaking rubbish every time.
Just want to chuck that out there:smile:

Jam, you seem to disagree with most posts on here. For example, I think you have only ever agreed with me once in all these years. I can't be speaking rubbish every time.

I agree with plenty on here :smile:

Its a discussion board though, Im far more likely to reply to someone I dont agree with surely!

We scored 2 goals tonight despite everyone moaning about how we can't score goals so now the Brown critics have changed their tune to 'Brown can't see out games' despite it sounding like it was a wonder goal out of the blue that sank us. He tried something different tonight like everyone has been urging him to do and because it didn't magically fix everything people are still angry. Brown just can't win with some people, he did well last season yet people seem to have short memories, every league 2 team goes through rough patches, give Brown time to work out how to fix it rather than making knee jerk 'get Phil out' reactions because we aren't going to get a better manager than him in league 2. The whole 'x team managed to attract this guy so why can't we get a good striker' argument is pretty stupid as well, we still have a bad reputation for not paying our wages a few seasons back, why is a proven goalscorer with a pick of league 2 clubs going to go for us? It's no coincidence our best players were unknowns before they came here because all we can attract are loanees and undiscovered diamonds, sacking Phil won't change that.

We scored 2 goals tonight despite everyone moaning about how we can't score goals so now the Brown critics have changed their tune to 'Brown can't see out games' despite it sounding like it was a wonder goal out of the blue that sank us. He tried something different tonight like everyone has been urging him to do and because it didn't magically fix everything people are still angry. Brown just can't win with some people, he did well last season yet people seem to have short memories, every league 2 team goes through rough patches, give Brown time to work out how to fix it rather than making knee jerk 'get Phil out' reactions because we aren't going to get a better manager than him in league 2. The whole 'x team managed to attract this guy so why can't we get a good striker' argument is pretty stupid as well, we still have a bad reputation for not paying our wages a few seasons back, why is a proven goalscorer with a pick of league 2 clubs going to go for us? It's no coincidence our best players were unknowns before they came here because all we can attract are loanees and undiscovered diamonds, sacking Phil won't change that.

Not read on here Brown out!

Many have said the team don't score and give the youngsters a chance and by magic a youngster scores a brace.

Not read on here Brown out!

Many have said the team don't score and give the youngsters a chance and by magic a youngster scores a brace.

Trans: "Yep, think I'll make a six word reply to a long and considered post, then shoehorn in a barely-related point which I've already made innumerate times on other threads just to reinforce how right I am about everything."

Question. How long can we bemoan missed chances and a fragile defence?

5 more games or maybe 10?

We have a poor strike force and have not been impressed one bit with coulthurst who looks imho very lightweight.

Question. How long can we bemoan missed chances and a fragile defence?

5 more games or maybe 10?

We have a poor strike force and have not been impressed one bit with coulthurst who looks imho very lightweight.

Coulthirst has not impressed me one bit yet he is selected every game,Last night was the ideal time to bring on the untried but Phil brings on Barney!

Coulthirst has not impressed me one bit yet he is selected every game,Last night was the ideal time to bring on the untried but Phil brings on Barney!

When all they would have done was take a penalty? Throw them into the most pressurised situation possible, brilliant idea! :thumbsup:

Possibly the most stupid post of all time.

You'd rather bring on an inexperienced youngster to take a pen?

I used to disagree with him frequently but we seem to have a pretty similar opinion lately :stunned:

I thought last night was the ideal time to give Barney a start. He says he has his mojo back and is fitter than he's been for years. He can't do much worse than Corr at the moment. If it doesn't work out, then at least he was given a chance before being put on the transfer list.

Back