• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Small club losing millions then signs an expensive player on a long deal,then repeat again and again and again and again and again,your right it is :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Small club losing millions then signs an expensive player on a long deal,then repeat again and again and again and again and again,your right it is :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Didnt you moan like mad when we didnt offer Holman, an unproven non league player, a big and long enough contract when he ran off to Col U?

You know, the same player Col U shipped out shortly after who has managed a 1 goal in 4 game ratio in non league since?

Didnt you moan like mad when we didnt offer Holman, an unproven non league player, a big and long enough contract when he ran off to Col U?

You know, the same player Col U shipped out shortly after who has managed a 1 goal in 4 game ratio in non league since?

They are not always easy to spot. I went to Chester many years ago and the Blues won 1-0. In the Chester side they had Ian Rush who had just been bought by Liverpool and loaned back for the remainder of the season. I remember saying at the time 'what a waste of money that guy is.' In fairness he had an awful game against us.

The situation now though is that we have seen what our attack can and can't do for long enough. We know what we have is not working. Bringing someone in might not work, thats the risk you take, but without taking a risk we are going nowhere.

LOL you're wasting your time, guess he wasn't as young, hungry and pacy as we were led to believe by a certain poster :smile:

Just had a text from a number i haven't got saved (new phone) saying "Barrett deal isn't dead, watch this space" tried calling it back but no answer, should probably wait to find out the source before posting but i'm bored

Edit: Think it's a wind up, sorry

This club has vast history of signing marquee players on excellent terms which in the main they all failed yet this club continue signing these type of players.

Good business for one person and that is all.

Whymark, Currie, Lampard, O Callaghan and Ramsey are the ones that spring to mind, but they were all in one brief period in our History, unless you are including David Jack

Firmani was a success

They are not always easy to spot. I went to Chester many years ago and the Blues won 1-0. In the Chester side they had Ian Rush who had just been bought by Liverpool and loaned back for the remainder of the season. I remember saying at the time 'what a waste of money that guy is.' In fairness he had an awful game against us.

The situation now though is that we have seen what our attack can and can't do for long enough. We know what we have is not working. Bringing someone in might not work, thats the risk you take, but without taking a risk we are going nowhere.

Agreed,

I would rather we signed young players who are relatively cheap just like Eastwood and Collymore who became legends and sold for substantial amounts which then can be spent on the club debt:winking:,Oh and Barney 1st time round.

Adam Barrett's possible return to Southend United hangs in the balance

ADAM Barrett’s possible return to Southend United is today hanging in the balance.

More...

Agreed,

I would rather we signed young players who are relatively cheap just like Eastwood and Collymore who became legends and sold for substantial amounts which then can be spent on the club debt:winking:,Oh and Barney 1st time round.
So now you don't want AB back ? Make your mind up

Agreed,

Yeah, well the chances of CONSISTENTLY finding young signings like Collymore and Eastwood are more or less zero.

I dont think thats right about Freedman, he was a good signing at the time, he had a fantastic season the year before with Leeds.

The other two I certainly dont think were the manager's choices.

Your right Jam Man, Tilson was delighted when Freedman signed.

Mods I've already blocked mrsblue but I end up having to see the pure lies she spreads when others reply to her posts. Is there anyway I can block any posts with the text 'mrsblue' in? It's ruining the forum and devaluing shrimperzone.

I find it a bit disappointing that we havent brought in Barratt ( so far ) for tomorrow. I think he could have been the signing to make a difference to the result , obviously I hope Pigott goes well too, but our defence looks very shaky on paper now, and I think Adam would have turned in a special performance, probably nodding one in from a corner , if we ever dared to play a few more long ?

Come on Ads, put pen to paper and let's see a good old signing on photo on the OS!

It's a shame this doesn't look like happening for the time being. For those who were concerned about Barrett and Prosser both being left sided central defenders, the solution is simple - leave Prosser on the bench!

It's a shame this doesn't look like happening for the time being. For those who were concerned about Barrett and Prosser both being left sided central defenders, the solution is simple - leave Prosser on the bench!

Barrett and Prosser could certainly play together with Prosser in the right-sided CB spot. Too much is made of having a centre-half on the wrong side, it's not like playing a right-footed full-back at LB as both CB's occupy the centre of the pitch. It's less of a problem than in other areas and IMHO Prosser is the best we have under contract right now in central defence. If Barrett did sign at any stage I don't see them being paired as a problem and I'd much rather see those two together than play Thompson or Bolger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back