• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jim Levenstein

Manager
Exactly why the grass isn't always greener when your club gets taken over by a rich foreigner.

The article in the Standard really doesn't look good for them, having players on £9,000 on a 3 year deal with no clauses regarding wage cuts if relegated is crazy. Article says he'd be happy to take a loss but there's no way he could possibly get anywhere near £4 million for a League 2 club given the added risks of their location and the impact of West Ham's reduced ticket prices in the near future.

Y'all don't know the half of it. The guy is a megalomaniac. Still, I'd take those articles with a small pinch of salt for the time being at least - there are a lot of "apparantlys" and not much in the way of evidence. Then again, difficult to get a quote from someone who does a press conference once every six months, then relies on making half time tannoy announcements to communicate with his underlings.

Henderson is on 12k, McAnuff and Simpson on 7.5k btw.

Y'all don't know the half of it. The guy is a megalomaniac. Still, I'd take those articles with a small pinch of salt for the time being at least - there are a lot of "apparantlys" and not much in the way of evidence. Then again, difficult to get a quote from someone who does a press conference once every six months, then relies on making half time tannoy announcements to communicate with his underlings.

Absolutely absurd. Those 3 players are probably on more than our entire squad.

Hows the salary cap come into play next season?!

Absolutely absurd. Those 3 players are probably on more than our entire squad.

Hows the salary cap come into play next season?!

It basically doesn't if he keeps chucking money at it in the form of sponsorship.

Tonight's embarrassment: the Italian reality TV show Sunday League kids play a game against an Albanian under 17 side. The Prime Minister of Albania is in attendance and congratulates the two 'winners' (both bombed out by non-league clubs) on their shiny new professional contracts. Good job I've got the election to be distraught about so I can half-ignore the Becchetti circus.

It basically doesn't if he keeps chucking money at it in the form of sponsorship.

Tonight's embarrassment: the Italian reality TV show Sunday League kids play a game against an Albanian under 17 side. The Prime Minister of Albania is in attendance and congratulates the two 'winners' (both bombed out by non-league clubs) on their shiny new professional contracts. Good job I've got the election to be distraught about so I can half-ignore the Becchetti circus.

I thought from what we had heard from our leadership that the salary cap is determined by ticket revenue, not sponsorship deals. If not then that gets around that as long as he does keep putting money in.

I read that the owner made the team train AFTER the season ended as some sort of punishment. Bizarre.

Bizarre is just one of the words to use. To be fair, the training won't surprise anybody - the first team have been training in the afternoon all season to accommodate the reality TV show (i.e. so the cameras got the best of the light in the winter). Ended up with the first team having sessions cut short all season when it got too dark.

Bizarre is just one of the words to use. To be fair, the training won't surprise anybody - the first team have been training in the afternoon all season to accommodate the reality TV show (i.e. so the cameras got the best of the light in the winter). Ended up with the first team having sessions cut short all season when it got too dark.

So let's hope that continues next season!

Wouldn't be surprising if it does. We're either going to continue to be run by a lunatic, or left to go out of business due to the unsustainable spending.

Wouldn't be surprising if it does. We're either going to continue to be run by a lunatic, or left to go out of business due to the unsustainable spending.
Just to add another worrying scenario.
Buyer materiales, exercises option to buy ground...
sells on to cover costs/ debts / make profit and proposes ground share with West ham, whilst Brisbane road is turned into housing. Inconceivable ???

Just to add another worrying scenario.
Buyer materiales, exercises option to buy ground...
sells on to cover costs/ debts / make profit and proposes ground share with West ham, whilst Brisbane road is turned into housing. Inconceivable ???

Pretty difficult in the short term to be fair, as Hearn still owns the ground and the new buyer would have to renegotiate terms of sale with him.

When Becchetti first came to the club, he said that his intention was to get Orient out of League One and then build us a new, bigger ground. Phase One is complete, so I'm looking forward to our imminent shiny new stadium.

That's around £1,265,000 per season on three players who have scored 19 goals combined. I make that £66,578 per goal. But that's none of my business...

image.jpg

That's around £1,265,000 per season on three players who have scored 19 goals combined. I make that £66,578 per goal. But that's none of my business...

They'd have scored a lot more goals if they'd ever been fit. Speculation was that they suffered various muscle injuries whilst picking up their wallets.

Well Jonny Stokes if Orient do go out of business you can always come and support Southend as may the rest of the 100 or so Orient supporters.:smile:

They will just save their money as they are all just West Ham fans anyway. :net:

I remember stokes coming on here and proper rubbing it in when we went down....hope orient die....genuinely hope it happens ha ha ha ha...karma is awsome

No club should "die", especially a lower league one at the hands of the arrogant Premiershite. Local rivalry is a very good thing or we'd end up schlupping up to northern hell holes every week (or you would).

Back