• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it is cause people buy there kits that make the money for southend to be able to get new players also liam Sercombe wont be with us next season gone to oxford so that's one not coming

I can garentee you if you asked people what they would rather discuss, next seasons kits or what players will be with is next season it will be transfers that are more popular. Rightfully so, kits are kits but players who are being released or becoming available and could potentially sign is much more meaningful to debate. After all it's players that come in that can decide how the team performs, where we are the following season.

You've already asked this and had an answer. Kits won't be released until June either but people, including yourself, are still discussing those. There's no point in making pointless repetitive posts claiming something is irrelevant when it clearly isn't, a "time waste" of a thread wouldn't get to 8 pages!

Well, you say that...

*Looks around ShrimperZone*

Eight pages of time wasting is NOTHING

Would love to see us take a punt on a hidden gem next season. Someone like Joe Gormley for example - 24 years old and hit 31 goals in the Northern Irish Premiership this season. Wants to further his career, quality finisher and would probably sign for peanuts. We could do a lot worse, plus I love getting a totally unheard of player in. Always makes pre-season more exciting. Mohsni springs to mind!

Giles Coke and Lewis Buxton have been released by Wednesday.
Both are probably above our level, but I'd like Giles Coke if we were in L1.

We had Giles Coke on loan a few years back

Quality player but a BAD EGG

League One released players (nicked list from another site)

Barnsley – Nana Boakye-Yiadom, Martin Cranie, Kane Hemmings, Leroy Lita, Jean-Yves Mvoto, Rhys Oates

Blackpool – Tom Barkhuizen(Morecambe), Jacob Mellis

Bradford – Matty Dolan

Bristol City – Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Dave Richards, Lewis Hall, Gus Mafuta

Burton – Stefan Maletic, Mickael Antoine-Curier, Joe Doyle, Lee Bell, Ian Sharps, Jimmy Phillips

Bury – Jimmy McNulty, Joe Thompson, Pablo Mills

Colchester – Magnus Okuonghae

Crewe – Billy Waters, Liam Nolan, Vadaine Oliver, Anthony Stewart

Fleetwood – Mark Roberts, Stephen Crainey, Steven Schumacher, David Ball, Jeff Hughes, Liam Hogan, Stewart Murdoch, Matty Hughes, Joe Burgess, Josh Green, Mason Springthorpe, Richard Wright, Andre Street, Adam Nditi

Gillingham – Danny Galbraith, Gavin Hoyte, Leon Legge, Joe Martin

Millwall – Nicky Bailey, Matthew Briggs, Dylan Casey, Richard Chaplow, Alan Dunne, Carlos Edwards, Sofiane El-Bekri, Ricardo Fuller, Denzel Gerrar, Jake Goodman, Magaye Gueye, Justin Hoyte, Stefan Maierhofer, Angel Martinez, Danny ****tu, Josh Siafa, Callum Webb, Martyn Woolford

Notts County – Mustapha Dumbuya, Fabian Speiss, Greg Tempest, Cieron Keane, Brad McGowan, Hayden Mullins, Drissa Traore, Elliot Whitehouse, Shaun Harrad

Oldham – James Dayton, Amari Morgan-Smith, David Mellor

Peterborough – Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Bobby Olejnik, David Norris

Port Vale – Kaid Mohammed, Chris Robertson, Alex Nimely

Rochdale – Febian Brandy, Sean McGinty, Jack Muldoon

Scunthorpe – Sam Slocombe, James Severn, Marcus Williams, Miguel Llera, Eddie Nolan, Callum Howe, Matt Sparrow

Sheffield Utd – Michael Doyle, Ben Davies, Iain Turner, Jason Paling, Sam Berry, Kyle Scarisbrick

Shrewsbury – Aaron Wildig

Walsall – Mal Benning, Ben Purkiss, Jake Heath, Ashley Grimes

Yeovil – Craig Eastmond, Nathan Ralph, Sam Hoskins, Joel Grant, Gozie Ugwu, Kieffer Moore, Seth Twumasi, James Hayter, Alex Smith, Liam Davis, Fergus Bell, Joe Edwards

Barnsley – Nana Boakye-Yiadom, Martin Cranie, Kane Hemmings, Leroy Lita, Jean-Yves Mvoto, Rhys Oates

Bradford – Matty Dolan

Burton – Stefan Maletic, Mickael Antoine-Curier, Joe Doyle, Lee Bell, Ian Sharps, Jimmy Phillips

Fleetwood – Mark Roberts, Stephen Crainey, Steven Schumacher, David Ball, Jeff Hughes, Liam Hogan, Stewart Murdoch, Matty Hughes, Joe Burgess, Josh Green, Mason Springthorpe, Richard Wright, Andre Street, Adam Nditi

Millwall – Nicky Bailey, Matthew Briggs, Dylan Casey, Richard Chaplow, Alan Dunne, Carlos Edwards, Sofiane El-Bekri, Ricardo Fuller, Denzel Gerrar, Jake Goodman, Magaye Gueye, Justin Hoyte, Stefan Maierhofer, Angel Martinez, Danny ****tu, Josh Siafa, Callum Webb, Martyn Woolford

Notts County – Mustapha Dumbuya, Fabian Speiss, Greg Tempest, Cieron Keane, Brad McGowan, Hayden Mullins, Drissa Traore, Elliot Whitehouse, Shaun Harrad

Scunthorpe – Sam Slocombe, James Severn, Marcus Williams, Miguel Llera, Eddie Nolan, Callum Howe, Matt Sparrow

Sheffield Utd – Michael Doyle, Ben Davies, Iain Turner, Jason Paling, Sam Berry, Kyle Scarisbrick

Yeovil – Craig Eastmond, Nathan Ralph, Sam Hoskins, Joel Grant, Gozie Ugwu, Kieffer Moore, Seth Twumasi, James Hayter, Alex Smith, Liam Davis, Fergus Bell, Joe Edwards

Some very good players on that list.

Promotion needed to have any chance of bagging the better ones.

Bradford – Matty Dolan

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas would be a brilliant signing, but most of L1 will probably think the same?

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas would be a brilliant signing, but most of L1 will probably think the same?
And the Championship, was speaking to a Charlton fan the other day who said that they're interested but apparently wages are causing an issue, so doubt we would ever be able to pull it off! That's the main reason Bristol City let him go, he's a good rotation/back up option but one of their top earners.

Pretty sure PB had him on trial before and wasn't keen besides he's already signed a pre-contract agreement with a Scottish club as far as I'm aware.

David Ball is decent. Matt sparrow seems to do well, getting on a bit though isn't he?
Legge from Gillingham is a good defender.

Was worth £1m in prize money and increased gates but in terms of what we can spend only Ron knows.

Think you will find that is a figure invented by the newspapers. The club will receive nowhere near that

Legge has signed for Cambridge. Woolford and Chaplow from milwall would be nice

I think it is standard practice for Peterborough to transfer list those who are in the final year of their contract. Although there are some interesting names on there, including their captain Jack Payne (sign him up and confuse everyone!!), Player of the Year Joe Newell (won 3 POTY awards this season!) and Luke James (who they splashed £500k on last summer).

Others they have transfer listed include defenders Shaun Brisley and Christian Burgess as well as striker Kyle Vassell. Either way, I doubt any of them will be affordable or realistic.

They have released Bobby Olejnik, who could be a good signing if Bentley goes and offer competition to Ted Smith, and Mendez-Laing, who all I remember is him being pretty decent in one FM save.

Payne and James both have three years left on their contracts I think so they're on the list because the club wants to sell them.

I doubt this is the least bit feasible, obviously, but if we did find a quarter of a million in the back seat of Ron's Bentley then I'd love to see Luke James here. It didn't work out at Peterborough but he's so young and looked a cracking player at Hartlepool. I think he'd be a great investment.

Payne and James both have three years left on their contracts I think so they're on the list because the club wants to sell them.

I doubt this is the least bit feasible, obviously, but if we did find a quarter of a million in the back seat of Ron's Bentley then I'd love to see Luke James here. It didn't work out at Peterborough but he's so young and looked a cracking player at Hartlepool. I think he'd be a great investment.

I saw that the Peterborough chairman wants to loan Luke James out to rediscover his form but has also made him available for transfer as they want to raise funds to sign 2 strikers capable of getting 40 goals between them.

Back