• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I saw that the Peterborough chairman wants to loan Luke James out to rediscover his form but has also made him available for transfer as they want to raise funds to sign 2 strikers capable of getting 40 goals between them.

How about those prolific marksmen ...Barnard and Cassidy !,they won't get him 40 but if he has a large bet on them scoring it must pay off eventually.

I saw that the Peterborough chairman wants to loan Luke James out to rediscover his form but has also made him available for transfer as they want to raise funds to sign 2 strikers capable of getting 40 goals between them.

So Lionel Messi and Lee Barnard then?

Payne and James both have three years left on their contracts I think so they're on the list because the club wants to sell them.

I doubt this is the least bit feasible, obviously, but if we did find a quarter of a million in the back seat of Ron's Bentley then I'd love to see Luke James here. It didn't work out at Peterborough but he's so young and looked a cracking player at Hartlepool. I think he'd be a great investment.

Luke James would be brilliant and he's still only 20! Although I would imagine Peterborough would want more of a recoup on their £500k than £250k. Although they might accept less with a decent sell on clause.

Think you will find that is a figure invented by the newspapers. The club will receive nowhere near that
Think it was around 1 million, 640,000 from football league and 340,000 ish from TV money I think, most of this will go on players new contracts and wages alone for next season, think Ron will have to cough up the transfer funds himself or sell Bentley at least eh, still who cares we can look forward to league one again next season:smile:

I still think we'll make the majority of our signings from the free transfers available. The promotion to League One just means we have a better calibre of player to look at. We got some really talented players in on loan during previous spells in this league too. Robson-Kanu, Federici, Dan Harding, Charlie Mulgrew to name but a few. All have gone on to play higher than League One.

That's one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to, just the better standard of football and the fact our team should get even better. People have pointed towards the previous promotion and said there's not much difference between Leagues One and Two. However I think in the last few years a gap has started to open up as quite a few of the promoted sides have come down the next year or 2 years or struggled for long periods.

Back