• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been announced this morning that Sercombe has joined Oxford. They seem to be trying to get their team for next season sorted early as this signing follows the signing of Kemar Roofe yesterday.

Been announced this morning that Sercombe has joined Oxford. They seem to be trying to get their team for next season sorted early as this signing follows the signing of Kemar Roofe yesterday.

Really good signings for them.

Dont know if previously mentioned but Newport released 11 players the other day, two of them caught my eye when we played them. Aaron O'Connor Striker and Ismail Yakubu Centre Back.
These two would be good signings im sure will be snapped up pretty quick. Does going into Playoffs effect us on picking players up as soon as they are released? We cant really sign anyone till we know what division we are in these two players would def be good signings for League 2 if we stayed down

I'd like to of had Yakubu when he was at Barnet, not sure what he is like these days but seeing as he ended up at Newport can't of worked out that well for him.

Dont know if previously mentioned but Newport released 11 players the other day, two of them caught my eye when we played them. Aaron O'Connor Striker and Ismail Yakubu Centre Back.
These two would be good signings im sure will be snapped up pretty quick. Does going into Playoffs effect us on picking players up as soon as they are released? We cant really sign anyone till we know what division we are in these two players would def be good signings for League 2 if we stayed down

Or that Zebroski guy.....what's he up to now?

I don't no why this gets so many posts especially when don't no what league will be in

Probably because 90% of posts are actually about why we are having this thread and the other 10% are people mentioning players who might be available.

It is just a bit of fun, there isn't really much to discuss apart from some random, unimportant game on Thursday.

Why is this even a thread when market dont open till june seriously time waste
You've already asked this and had an answer. Kits won't be released until June either but people, including yourself, are still discussing those. There's no point in making pointless repetitive posts claiming something is irrelevant when it clearly isn't, a "time waste" of a thread wouldn't get to 8 pages!

southend aren't likely to get any of them players mentioned in these 8 pages plus talking about kits is more relevant topic
We might not sign any, we might sign one, we might sign more. We might have a kit with a sash, it might be check, it might be neither. I can't see how a kit is more relevant/important than potential signings.

Last edited:
southend aren't likely to get any of them players mentioned in these 8 pages plus talking about kits is more relevant topic

Who cares, it is just a bit of fun. If you don't want to talk about summer transfers, then don't post in a thread about summer transfers.

Sercombe going to Oxford was mentioned earlier, out of the clubs listed in their local paper, I wasn't expecting him to go to Oxford. Good signing imo.

Seen a Exeter fan who doesn't really rate him and says he is very inconsistent, they actually see losing him as a chance to improve on that position rather than a great loss.

Back