• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would be surprised if Bentley went; can't see anyone paying what we would want for him

On the other hand, if Bentley is sold, priority is a GK as young Ted isn't ready yet IMHO Paul Rpbinson is still a free agent since leaving Leeds as far as I know, not sure if he'd be willing to move down asputh though - even at 35 or 36 he would surely be an option for a year, whist Ted is eased into the first team?

Strikers - surely PB must have something lined up? Would like to see a permanent singing instead of another loanee

I think Phil Brown should have a look at Kristian Dennis of Macclesfield. He is currently on loan from Stockport. He has scored 20 goals this season for Macclesfield and at 25 can still improve further. Might cost a fee, but it should not be too much. Interestingly, Dennis has got goals virtually everywhere he has been.

could be worth a punt, indeed the lad knows where the net is...

A very good shout I believe. John Akinde is a prolific, big bustling striker who is also quick.

Quick? When I saw him the other week in the cup he made akinfenwa look mobile! His footwork was pretty terrible and I'm not convinced he would fit a team not managed by martin Allen.

Black Lace had a number 27 hit with that in 1986 didn't they?

only no.27 ? Thought all of their hits went to no.1 :smile: god they were awful

another striker who is rated is Ismahil Akinade, plays for Bohemians, and is being tracked by a couple of Lge 1 clubs, us maybe? [h=1][/h]

What about Omar Bogle - Grimsby ?

Saw him play for Solihull a couple of years ago - scored a hat-trick. One with his head, one with his left (or right) and a free-kick (the other foot). It's quite a step up from there to Division 3 though and I believe that Walsall got quite close to signing him ............. errrhhhh - but didn't. Make of that what you will.

After listening to the Colchester game I wouldn't mind see a certain Moncur pulling on a Blues shirt. Was their MOM and has goals in him also...

if he leaves in january, it will be to the championship. hes been highly rated and well known for a year or so now.

Simeon Jackson, who we were linked with in the summer, is being released when his contract at Barnsley ends on 3rd January. That said, he's only made 11 appearances for them, mostly from the bench, and is yet to score. Can't imagine he'd be worth the wages he would still be commanding if he can't get into their side.

I highly doubt he would demand high wages at that stage of the season. Being released halfway through the season he will be relieved to land another contract in league 1.

Hurst is showing signs of being the player he was a couple of years ago. Can't believe so many fans want him out!
Only reason he was dropped was to change formation to accommodate Hunt. Probably should have started on Saturday, I expect him to feature against Doncaster.
Also surprised that fans want/expect Weston to go.

Hurst had a hand in five goals before Hunt came back, was starting to play well. Having him and Worrall both playing freed up Payne centrally too. Hunt coming back has changed that, hardly Hurst's fault.

As for Weston, we was crying out for his pace against Millwall. Always a good option off of the bench.

Here is a list of all the top scorers in the Vanarama National League.
View attachment 3875

Sorry if that is not clear enough, here is a link to the page.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national/goalscorers

Dan Holman (Woking) is on loan from us, he is due back to the WHCS in a weeks time the jury is out on whether we will keep him or sell/loan him out again. Poor guy has never really had much chance since we signed him from Braintree, maybe the new manager will want to check him out before deciding you can only tell so much from a DVD.

Hurst is showing signs of being the player he was a couple of years ago. Can't believe so many fans want him out!
Only reason he was dropped was to change formation to accommodate Hunt. Probably should have started on Saturday, I expect him to feature against Doncaster.
Also surprised that fans want/expect Weston to go.

Frankly,I was suprised he ddn't come on as a sub. against Millwall.

Back