• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

callan

Striker
Despite being a keen advocate of leaving the EU, I have yet to see from either in or out Camps a firm vision of what the UK will look like further down the road, if we stay or go.
What are our political parties plans should exit go ahead?....or indeed if we stay (more political integration?, join the Euro etc....more political union?)
Is it that some sort of status quo will exist for the UK should we choose to stay.
We have done to death the pros and cons of EU membership...but will we be well informed enough to really make a choice?

Despite being a keen advocate of leaving the EU, I have yet to see from either in or out Camps a firm vision of what the UK will look like further down the road, if we stay or go.
What are our political parties plans should exit go ahead?....or indeed if we stay (more political integration?, join the Euro etc....more political union?)
Is it that some sort of status quo will exist for the UK should we choose to stay.
We have done to death the pros and cons of EU membership...but will we be well informed enough to really make a choice?

Who cares. No-one will vote for an exit.

:net::net::net::net::net::net::net::net:

Bit hard for anyone to start making statements when we still don't know when the referendum will be. I'd guess that the Tories and Labour are busy with other things. Only once we have a date will they be able to outline their post-referendum plans.

Genuinely, I can't see a No vote happening. The referendum, to me, is a waste of time and effort because there isn't a point of equipoise really. Already over 70% probability (based on odds) of staying, and I think that will continue to increase (shorten).

Bit hard for anyone to start making statements when we still don't know when the referendum will be. I'd guess that the Tories and Labour are busy with other things. Only once we have a date will they be able to outline their post-referendum plans.

Genuinely, I can't see a No vote happening. The referendum, to me, is a waste of time and effort because there isn't a point of equipoise really. Already over 70% probability (based on odds) of staying, and I think that will continue to increase (shorten).

The outcome will be whatever voters decide, and our political parties must surely know how great a part of this project they intend us to be if you are correct and the vote is to stay.

The vote has to be this year, and regardless of month voters should be informed on what the parties proposals are based on either outcome.

The outcome will be whatever voters decide, and our political parties must surely know how great a part of this project they intend us to be if you are correct and the vote is to stay.

The vote has to be this year, and regardless of month voters should be informed on what the parties proposals are based on either outcome.

It doesn't does it? I thought it was in the Bill for 'before end of 2017' and final details about the referendum (date and rules etc) due before the end of 2016.

Personally,I'm quite happy to trust in the innate good sense of the British people,who in their infinite wisdom will I'm sure vote for continued membership later this year (or next).

It doesn't does it? I thought it was in the Bill for 'before end of 2017' and final details about the referendum (date and rules etc) due before the end of 2016.

It will more than likely be June 2016 once Cameron comes back from Brussels in February with next to nothing to offer the British public. I think the race for new tory leader will start very soon after as I see Cameron stepping down regardless of the outcome.

My understanding is that the bill is prior to the end of 2017 so in that respect you are right....and my post should have read 17 not 16.
There was a timetable on the referendum put up by the Beeb will see if I can find it and put it up as that indicated that the vote would take place at the latest early 2017....to avoid clashes with the French and German elections to be held later that year.

Think I read somewhere that it's expected between October 2016 and February 2017, but it all seems to be a guessing game at the moment.

What happens after exit for the UK?
Renewed links to the Commonwealth, especially Oz/India. Further unrest from the Scots and a 2nd count up there.
What happen to the rest of EU?
Unrest in Germany & France as their % contribution and costs rise, weakening of the €, delay on any new joiners (Scotland), lots of bluster and then some trade agreements as per the old Commom Market.
Ex-pats have sweaty, clammy fears about their own health care/pensions/fear of the First Order, the Siths and retribution against the rebellion alliance...........................................Oh - thats Star Wars.:tumbleweed:

What happens after exit for the UK?
Renewed links to the Commonwealth, especially Oz/India. Further unrest from the Scots and a 2nd count up there.
What happen to the rest of EU?
Unrest in Germany & France as their % contribution and costs rise, weakening of the €, delay on any new joiners (Scotland), lots of bluster and then some trade agreements as per the old Commom Market.
Ex-pats have sweaty, clammy fears about their own health care/pensions/fear of the First Order, the Siths and retribution against the rebellion alliance...........................................Oh - thats Star Wars.:tumbleweed:

what will be interesting is the overall UK vote, and then the splits within countries. I can imagine Scotland voting in but England voting no (or being close). I wonder if there'll be a rule that all UK countries have to vote out for it to pass.

what will be interesting is the overall UK vote, and then the splits within countries. I can imagine Scotland voting in but England voting no (or being close). I wonder if there'll be a rule that all UK countries have to vote out for it to pass.

No chance of such a double lock I'm afraid.

No chance of such a double lock I'm afraid.

C'mon Phil, it isn't a done "out" deal yet. Cammamoron may pull a rabbit out of the hate and get enough of the "free" press and "impartial" broadcasters to shine the **** that any new deal that gets squeezed from the French and their Germany masters.

And if they dont you will call them all kippers.

Don't think the lunatics have taken over the asylum just yet Tony.

(Last poll I saw put UKIP's current support at 17%).

C'mon Phil, it isn't a done "out" deal yet. Cammamoron may pull a rabbit out of the hate and get enough of the "free" press and "impartial" broadcasters to shine the **** that any new deal that gets squeezed from the French and their Germany masters.

I agree that any "out" deal is far from done.

In any case, surely the effect of a double lock would be to make Britexit impossible?

Best you start calling the BBC and all these top EU politicians racist and xenophobic. It now appears us ignorant Essex boys actually new a bit more about the world than someone living in a bubble of left wing ideology and Spainish sunshine. Guess what none of us have any useless unrelated qualifications we can post about on here either.

Back