• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a shame for you folks, I am no fan of friendlies but they can be good sources of income at a time when money is tight for most small clubs. Our pitch was completely relayed with work commencing 16/05, it looked great last week and then was covered up for the Lionel Richie gig, the boards were removed next day without any real damage. Our first home friendly is (surprise surprise) against Ipswich on the 20/07 followed by another against Palace on 25/07.

What a shame for you folks, I am no fan of friendlies but they can be good sources of income at a time when money is tight for most small clubs. Our pitch was completely relayed with work commencing 16/05, it looked great last week and then was covered up for the Lionel Richie gig, the boards were removed next day without any real damage. Our first home friendly is (surprise surprise) against Ipswich on the 20/07 followed by another against Palace on 25/07.

So Col U have Ipswich & Palace......we just about attracted a Wet Spam XI.......Wakering & Canvey are the best we get........this club new owners, someone who cares about football or SUFC not just a building project to line his own pocket, time you found us a buyer Ron!!

So Col U have Ipswich & Palace......we just about attracted a Wet Spam XI.......Wakering & Canvey are the best we get........this club new owners, someone who cares about football or SUFC not just a building project to line his own pocket, time you found us a buyer Ron!!

Ipswich is pretty boring these days but like Palace they will bring lots of fans to swell the coffers and obviously the Lionel Richie gig would have brought in a tidy sum as well with nearly 16000 people attending. Here is a pic of our pitch taken on June16th, it looked playable then!image.jpg

Ipswich is pretty boring these days but like Palace they will bring lots of fans to swell the coffers and obviously the Lionel Richie gig would have brought in a tidy sum as well with nearly 16000 people attending. Here is a pic of our pitch taken on June16th, it looked playable then!View attachment 4122

Sounds like your miles in front of us at the moment in preparing for the new season, on & off the pitch.....hope you guys do well....I do love the Essex derby!!

Sounds like your miles in front of us at the moment in preparing for the new season, on & off the pitch.....hope you guys do well....I do love the Essex derby!!

Thanks we shall see, it is a season of change for us but the facilities are there to push the club forward, the fans are not that bothered about relegation last season it was fairly obvious what was likely to happen early in the campaign. But we have taken stock of the situation and new players are arriving all the time. Our club has never had a big fan base, but with the new stadium and two training facilities has come many more income streams, which help the club to counteract the lack of income from ticket sales.

Once again that is the difference, if your pitch was relaid rather than reseeded it is bound to be in a better state than ours.

Ipswich is pretty boring these days but like Palace they will bring lots of fans to swell the coffers and obviously the Lionel Richie gig would have brought in a tidy sum as well with nearly 16000 people attending. Here is a pic of our pitch taken on June16th, it looked playable then!View attachment 4122

Your pitch always looks playable-till the eleven ponies in blue and white stripes trot out!

Just cancel the damn thing. If it's not going to be played at Roots Hall and earn revenue in the bars etc then forget it.

Spoke to a journalist last season who had watched several of Col U friendly matches and was told they were so much in advance of Southend their passing was sublime and they would rip us apart in league one. Remind me how did that turn out after all. The friendly was a waste of time West Ham were sending a development squad what is the point of ruining the pitch for such a meaningless match. South East Essex has had the heaviest rainfall for many many years. For once I really don't think this one is Rons fault as ever he cannot control the weather.

Spoke to a journalist last season who had watched several of Col U friendly matches and was told they were so much in advance of Southend their passing was sublime and they would rip us apart in league one. Remind me how did that turn out after all. The friendly was a waste of time West Ham were sending a development squad what is the point of ruining the pitch for such a meaningless match. South East Essex has had the heaviest rainfall for many many years. For once I really don't think this one is Rons fault as ever he cannot control the weather.

How dare he not be able to control the weather!! Is this non weather controlling man really who we need to take us forward. Just sell the club to Michael Fish already!

back on topic, I'd just call it off, play another smaller local team at their ground (Col ewe?)

Fret not people, we will have two home friendlies, one has been mentioned on here already. Close to home for the gaffer. And we will most likely see the Pross sooner than you all might have thought.

Now, just wait for the news to become official..

Fret not people, we will have two home friendlies, one has been mentioned on here already. Close to home for the gaffer. And we will most likely see the Pross sooner than you all might have thought.

Now, just wait for the news to become official..

Lol, some of you have some quite amazing sources - this one I have also heard mentioned!

Lol, some of you have some quite amazing sources - this one I have also heard mentioned!

I wouldn't go as far as "amazing" but I can assure you they are as reliable as they come. Seeing as they have to know, or else the game can not really go ahead.

Back