• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron runs our club so well!

If you haven't got the money, you haven't got the money.... simples.
Before knocking the chairman at every opportunity how about having some consideration about the lack of cash flow. Unless of course you would like to put your hand in your pocket or risk what wealth you have to run the club?

Before knocking the chairman at every opportunity how about having some consideration about the lack of cash flow. Unless of course you would like to put your hand in your pocket or risk what wealth you have to run the club?

or....if you haven't got the money to keep the club afloat, and pay for the essentials like the maintenance of the pitch, ground, stewarding etc, then perhaps sell it to someone who can ?

And why is that almost every other club in the league is run so well?

Our chairman is a joker who is clinging onto the pot of gold at the end of the Fossetts farm rainbow.

And why is that almost every other club in the league is run so well?

Our chairman is a joker who is clinging onto the pot of gold at the end of the Fossetts farm rainbow.

Is a shambles to be honest. Cannot understand why PB did not fancy Bolton. Strange.
Having said that. I never attend friendly games. the mere mention of "friendly" says it all.
Lets hope they get up and running in time for Gills.

My dad spoke to the groundsman the other day and he was saying that the pitch needs to be laid 12 weeks (or something like that) before you play on it. But to save money, the club gave him a lot less time to do it. He was very concerned that if we had any kind of downpour during our preseason the pitch would be ruined, due to lack of time the pitch had been given to bed in.

How can the club give him less time to save money? Surely the close season is a known length of time?

This is a side issue. In typical shrimper zone style everyone is getting flustered about something that doesn't warrant getting flustered about.

Why do we even need to relay the pitch every season???

Dunno. But i'm pretty sure RM would have asked the groundsman this in order to save some more £'s.
The ironic thing is, the spammers friendly is probably the biggest pre-season money spinner. You'd think they'd do everything in their powers to make sure this went ahead at RH.

This is a side issue. In typical shrimper zone style everyone is getting flustered about something that doesn't warrant getting flustered about.

I just labels the point, that the football club we love is surviving by the skin of its teeth. I'm surprised more people aren't getting flustered to be honest

Why do we even need to relay the pitch every season???
If we relaid the pitch it would be fine and playable very quickly. It's the fact that we reseed the pitch as it's much cheaper but obviously takes much longer to grow and settle.

I see they relaid the horrible pitch at Lille during Euro 2016 and it looked fine last night.

Although the club may have naused this fixture up big time (and they have), at least I won't have to endure all the 'West Ham Mokneys in our stands' postings that normal follow the announcement of this friendly.

If we wanted just to save money we would relay the pitch at all- the pitch at RH is one of the better ones and we should be pleased at least we invest in the best surface on which to play football. Also if it was all about money then we would risk it and play WH anyway and handle the consequences.

Yes it does not sound perfect planning- but the weather in June has been unusually wet. In the end I would prefer the focus on giving us the best footballing surface- and that appears to be the case. Glass half full again..

Back