• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would think its more to do with lack of aerial threat in our forward line. Williams jumps like Pigott, by that I mean lets make sure my head is nowhere near the ball as I might get hurt. Mooney isn't strong enough and Cox isn't the tallest.

So if Ranger is unfit or gets punchy we will be weak up top. I would expect a more traditional 9 to be on our shopping list.

I know a striker that does jump very well for his size ......... Noel Hunt. :'(

Sokolik Is a good player who has had a rough couple of seasons. His heading was top draw. His distribution will need to be worked on. Long ball after long ball.

I thought Sokolik was a good player when he was with us the first time. I think he'll do well for us as long as he's played as a Centre Half, and not as a makeshift winger, right midfielder, or centre forward.

Sokolik Is a good player who has had a rough couple of seasons. His heading was top draw. His distribution will need to be worked on. Long ball after long ball.

With me living in Prague I will obviously be bias. I go back to a point that I made on another thread. Have certain people forgotten his performances alongside Egan? Or were these individauls not Blues fans then.??? :winking:

Good news. I hope we can get a deal done.

There's a talented defender there waiting to be developed.

Well, he has been offered a contract so let's hope you are right. :thumbsup:

I also hope that Browny has another central defender on his radar. Surely there should be some players in the league above who must be wondering about dropping down a division and getting to play regularly rather than sitting on the bench at their current club.

Should be cheap too. With no emergency loans any more the Club needs cover in every position. Cheap, young players who can do a job are what we need to be signing.

well, that was a waste of time, again...... surprised we didnt keep on Murray. Ok he didnt do well against Newcastle... but did any of our front line?

Should be cheap too. With no emergency loans any more the Club needs cover in every position. Cheap, young players who can do a job are what we need to be signing.

Hopefully that will encourage Brown to give the youngsters a chance.

We probably don't want to be relying on the likes of Matszuka, Jordan Williams, Kyprianou to be the first names off the bench but if we have two defenders out injured then why not give them playing time and maybe one surprises us like Kane Ferdinand did and keeps hold of the shirt.

Further forward Bridge should hopefully be more involved anyway, but why not give Nico Cotton a start if someone is out for a match or two?

funny- I saw that as a really good back pass- I would rather players tried to 'play' rather than just put it out for a corner

Yes- from the East greens he did well to get back and managed to get his studs to it and prevent it getting through to the forward who would have been clean through. As he just got his studs to it it went through to Oxley rather than off towards the touchline. I remember thinking thank god he's got some pace- well done.. well there we are.. Bolger would have been left for dead.

The spoon for a corner he managed to get himself across to the near post to cover and his left footed clearance spun out for a corner- I would rather he did that on his wrong foot than faff about. If we are going to criticise every player who had a miss kick in the game which player would we be able to spare criticism..

Hey Ho. Looks like he's ours now so let's hope he proves a cracking signing.

well, that was a waste of time, again...... surprised we didnt keep on Murray. Ok he didnt do well against Newcastle... but did any of our front line?

I was surprised that we didn't offer Murray even a short term contract. Lets not forget he cames to the Blues to work on his fitness. Brown even called him a "little gem". So what has changed???

Puzzled by this one..:unsure:

I was surprised that we didn't offer Murray even a short term contract. Lets not forget he cames to the Blues to work on his fitness. Brown even called him a "little gem". So what has changed???

Puzzled by this one..:unsure:

Priorities. What do we need more..
I think he will go with someone who can play up front and wide (2 in 1) so that we can now get in a CM. Also he has probably decided to activate the extension in Ranger's contract and has since signed Cox.

I can see a left footed centre half being signed - probably on loan at this stage. If that doesn't happen I wonder about 3 at the back because I don't feel Thompson and Barrett are a strong enough pairing if we have ambitions.
Apart from that, and assuming Ranger hangs around, I reckon we're about done unless a midfielder of real quality becomes available - sooner have Jack Bridge on the bench than someone older but still bang average.

Jacob was good enough first time with us.
He was injured/recovering from injury in poor 2nd loan.
PB and GC have had ample opportunity to see how he is performing NOW and have offered him a contract.
What is there to be negative about?

Jacob was good enough first time with us.
He was injured/recovering from injury in poor 2nd loan.
PB and GC have had ample opportunity to see how he is performing NOW and have offered him a contract.
What is there to be negative about?

Exactly and both were defenders so should know a defender when they see one.

Most centre backs we sign seem to do well alongside Barrett, look how much Thompson has come on, Bolger and Barrett the 2nd half of promotion winning season, Bolger looked like a different player. Hopefully under a bit of Barrett guidance sokolik will kick on and become a good signing. Admittedly he has some lack of concerntration moments, but don't they all?

I wasn't over impressed with Sokolik last night but hopefully he can produce the form that he showed when he was paired with Egan. The centre back positions are our main weakness. Thompson was woeful at times last night. Too often he recklessly dives in, needs to show more composure.

Thought Murray was definitely worth a contract ,a lively box player which we haven't had for a long time

Can't understand the negative comments. I thought Sokolik did just a bit more than okay. He was up against a pretty decent pair of forwards and more than held his own. In any case Brown didn't sign him before it was Paul Sturrock. I like the look of what is being put together and the youngsters who came on didn't let themselves down either.

Back