• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

French start fining muslim women for wearing burkinis

Stuff like this makes me wonder if the fact France is so often the target of ISIS attacks from home grown terrorists is really a coincidence. ISIS preach how the West is against Islam but in most countries the majority of Muslims living in the West can see that clearly isn't true, they get treated the same as everyone else. In France though there are laws that seem to specifically target Muslims, I imagine that makes ISIS's job of radicalising Muslims in the country a lot easier.

What I want to know is - what the hell is the point in sunbathing with your clothes on anyway!?

How anyone can defend a culture who oppress and treat women like sh*t is beyond comprehension - I'm with the French on this one.

Just ban religion full stop - the world would be a better place

Stuff like this makes me wonder if the fact France is so often the target of ISIS attacks from home grown terrorists is really a coincidence. ISIS preach how the West is against Islam but in most countries the majority of Muslims living in the West can see that clearly isn't true, they get treated the same as everyone else. In France though there are laws that seem to specifically target Muslims, I imagine that makes ISIS's job of radicalising Muslims in the country a lot easier.

The reason France has so many issues with terrorism and Daesh, is due to the number of so called oppressed Musilms living there. When Algeria gained independence from France many Algerians were able to cross over to France due to having dual nationality. Additionally many other French colonies were primarily Islam religion, therefore you have a high proportion of Musilms in France.

France has suffered a large spate of attacks as many French Musilms were moved to the slum areas of Marseille and Paris and other cities, with high unemployment many have become disillusioned and hold grudges against the French government and freedom which they perceive many non-Muslims enjoy, hence they have become an easy target to swear allegiance to Daesh.

This started long before the French government started clamping down on burkas and hijabs etc.

Anyway Daesh is nothing to do with Islam, they are the lowest life form on the planet, they hate Western ideology full stop, they don't need an excuse to carry out their attrocities.

I'm uncomfortable with the French approach. I don't see clothing I see people and in my view nobody should be telling anyone what they can or cannot wear anywhere at any time. Religion simply doesn't come into my thinking here and it all feels like entirely unnecessary state interference. I'd rather the authorities were spending their time on something more worthwhile. Averting, rather than inciting, the next terrorist atrocity for example.

Assume these should be banned from the beach as well.

(taken from twitter)

Or alternatively, its just clothing and who gives a toss if it isnt a security risk.

The French are looking at the bigger picture. This is about trying to free muslim women who don't won't to be bullied in the name of 'Tradition'. In this country we have only just started to recognise 'honour' killings as what they really are.... murder.

Many women born in Western Europe have been forced into arranged marriage and still live in fear from the males in their families and communities. We even have women working in shops in London being warned to cover up by men who think it is their right to do so.

We have made huge mistakes with the so called integration policy but that doesn't mean we can't admit it and then change it. That can only be achieved by changes in the law. Shame on all the lefties who scream for equality except of course for muslim women.

The fat and ugly ones can stay in their burkinis. The fit ones should get their norks out. Sensible policies for a better France.

Freeing people by telling them what to wear? Just think about that for a moment.

There not telling them what to wear. They just won't allow a symbol of female oppression to be worn in certain public places.

Vive la France.

I couldn't give a monkey's about liberating Muslim women - I just don't want to see Jawas frolicking on the sands anywhere outside Tatooine.

Some people have made the point a lot better than I have. I can't go around HK demanding my own rights are respected, neither can you do the same in many Asian or Middle East countries. I'm not up in arms about it and neither is there a movement saying this is disgraceful. Contrast that with Western Europe where the law of the land actually means very little. You have liberals saying we can't do x y and z as this contravenes people's human rights. There are religions, especially Chriatianity making it up as they go along. There are migrants that Europe allows to sit in Calais trying to get across the water to soft touch UK. Doesn't that tell you enough.

Don't get me wrong. I see videos of atrocities and persecution that would sicken some of you to the core. I have no doubt that the vast majority of people are fleeing a life so shocking that we couldn't begin to fathom in our must have world. What I fundamentally object to is firstly the unwillingness of many that come here to integrate, secondly the inability of Britain to insist they do and lastly the society that resists incomers attempts to integrate all of which has contributed to what you have today. Pockets of Britain that are effectively places where even Police won't touch.

I still haven't explained myself very well at all and it frustrates the hell out of me that I can't express myself with clarity so thanks for not flaming me too much so far. I still left this post here rather than deleting it. Maybe I'll find the words or someone will post something with similar thoughts to mine. What I will say is that the US has the wrong model but Australia has one that works much better.

Yes Orm but basically you are saying that a particularly cut piece of cloth has some meaning or threat over another.

If I turn up at the beach in a tracksuit or onesie how is that any different to a Burkini. What is the actual difference in that particular shape of clothing that causes you a problem.

The nun picture I posted earlier showed a bunch of women in religious clothing covered up, again no different. You arent demanding they be banned.

Or is it purely looking like a muslim is now an offense to you? Should we force them to cut off their beards ? should any traditional Muslim attire be banned?

I dislike Burkas myself, because they are a security issue if nothing else, but the rest of it is nonsense. Its just clothes.

Yes Orm but basically you are saying that a particularly cut piece of cloth has some meaning or threat over another.

If I turn up at the beach in a tracksuit or onesie how is that any different to a Burkini. What is the actual difference in that particular shape of clothing that causes you a problem.

The nun picture I posted earlier showed a bunch of women in religious clothing covered up, again no different. You arent demanding they be banned.

Or is it purely looking like a muslim is now an offense to you? Should we force them to cut off their beards ? should any traditional Muslim attire be banned?

Funnily enough, our younger daughter's boyfriend (who's Jewish) did cut off his rather long beard when visiting Southend and other places in the UK this summer,after spending a gap year travelling around various Muslim (and other countries) including Iran.Apparently, he didn't want to be mistaken for a terrorist :smile:

I dislike Burkas myself, because they are a security issue if nothing else, but the rest of it is nonsense. Its just clothes.

If France feels that women dressed as nuns are a particular threat to their security I'm pretty sure they would ban them too. It's the same rule that insists that if a motorbike helmet is removed then other headgear should be too. Life isn't fair I'm afraid and we only have one stab at it. I'd much rather an 'unfair' French rule thank you. When Moslems collectively stand up and say 'not in my name' then I might think differently.

What, like this you mean? http://abc7.com/society/muslims-speak-out-against-isis-following-paris-terror-attacks/1086310/

Makes you wonder why the media seem oddly quiet on reporting movements like this doesn't it?

The media feed on anything and everything. I can't stand conspiracy journalism theories about non-reporting/censoring of stories. You really, honestly believe that BS? There are zillions of journalists everywhere in the world and a zillion ways to release content now....

The laws of the world are arse depending in what you believe in
Go to Dubai no kissing, holding hands, drinking etc we accept them whether we believe it or not, when I go on holiday I respect churches that want women to cover up shoulders or men not to wear shorts, again I'm not religious but will bide by their laws
So I find it uncomfortable when a country which has had its share of terrorist battles, bring in a law and people are up in arms, because it breaches human rights.
I am old enough to to accept not all Muslims are bombers, similar not everyone White person is a racist, however I am old enough to respect others laws which I may not agree but on the other hand I expect the same curtesy when people visit countries alien to them and the laws differ

The media feed on anything and everything. I can't stand conspiracy journalism theories about non-reporting/censoring of stories. You really, honestly believe that BS? There are zillions of journalists everywhere in the world and a zillion ways to release content now....

Why do we never read about it then? Sometimes not even in the left wing press. Majority of people still get their news from the BBC & the newspapers regardless of Twitter and social media.

Why do we never read about it then? Sometimes not even in the left wing press. Majority of people still get their news from the BBC & the newspapers regardless of Twitter and social media.

Obviously because tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system are controlling what we see and think about as part of a worldwide conspiracy against humanity.

Obviously because tall, blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the Alpha Draconis star system are controlling what we see and think about as part of a worldwide conspiracy against humanity.

Can you not answer the question without resorting to sarcasm?

Back