• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

well that's one mystery solved.

w1NSV6x.jpg

Why would anyone choose to live in a football stadium? Whoever thought of that needs there head examining? Unless they are hotel rooms maybe?

"It's pretty hideous with the tower block attachments, which surely must all be 'affordable homes' as I can't see anyone with options wanting to buy one."

For many, that's all they may be able to afford.

Why would anyone choose to live in a football stadium? Whoever thought of that needs there head examining? Unless they are hotel rooms maybe?

Are there any other stadiums with homes attached in this way? I went to Somerset County Cricket Ground at Taunton and they have flats built into their stand, with balconies overlooking the pitch. Very popular apparently.

Are there any other stadiums with homes attached in this way? I went to Somerset County Cricket Ground at Taunton and they have flats built into their stand, with balconies overlooking the pitch. Very popular apparently.
Isn't it Orient who have this in the corners of their ground?

Can't see the attraction myself.

If the only problem is the town center well that's almost dead anyway .There is also the roads to worry folk Well that can be solved as well .If they don't want the problem of bottle necks .Then build a good size park and ride to and from the ground .It can also serve the town as well taking away any parking problems there as well .May also help on bank holidays when the sea frount is jam packed with cars .Just a thought .

"It's pretty hideous with the tower block attachments, which surely must all be 'affordable homes' as I can't see anyone with options wanting to buy one."

For many, that's all they may be able to afford.

Yes thank you, I'm aware of that. I'm just as holy as you. Nevertheless my point remains valid. The location for a home for sale is hideous and not very aspirational

Same old same old cant get to excited with this latest news.Please post on here when the first JCB starts work then i will be interested.

35 shops ? How are we going to fill them ?

Maybe we should give one to each of our players to supplement their incomes .....

Nile Ranger could open a Dutch coffee shop
Ben Coker a hairdressers
Adam Thompson could open a branch of Help The Aged ( sorry Anton! )

"Closer than ever"

Well considering we have been nowhere near for over a decade it doesn't mean much.

Well done to Mr Tinlin for using the media to try and get things moving though...

Let's see plans be submitted now then...

Interesting, but...

Why has the bloke in the middle of the pic got two miniature persons pinned to his chest?

And is that Dracula in the bottom left corner?

Looks more like some old perv flashing the fit bird.

I bought my house back in 1995 because it is less than 200 yards from the entrance to the East Stand. I have been wondering where the hell I am going to move to when the new ground finally opens. So I'll be up for one of them flats.

Sadly. At current rate, I'll be dead by then.

I pity the new groundsman in the winter, those flats are going to stop any sun hitting the pitch:smile:

still I guess they might stop any threads on 'should our keeper wear a cap'

asthetically I guess I would call the. stadium "a ten pinter". Sufc " the ten Pinter stadium"

Interesting, but...

Why has the bloke in the middle of the pic got two miniature persons pinned to his chest?

And is that Dracula in the bottom left corner?

Plus that plane looks low very low.....can see it now...Ranger just about to take a pen when the jet wake blows him over the stands....now that would be a trip.

Back