• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surely it must be hotel rooms? Wasn't that always going to be the case anyway, a hotel built in to the stadium? or is that still supposed to be happening as part of the main stand? I'm so confused by now, and it looks worse with every re-design. Starting to think we should stay at RH, at least its got character! (yes I know its falling apart..)

I pity the new groundsman in the winter, those flats are going to stop any sun hitting the pitch:smile:

still I guess they might stop any threads on 'should our keeper wear a cap'

asthetically I guess I would call the. stadium "a ten pinter". Sufc " the ten Pinter stadium"

Surely it would have under soil heating I would've thought if they're paying all that money out?:omg:

Surely it must be hotel rooms? Wasn't that always going to be the case anyway, a hotel built in to the stadium? or is that still supposed to be happening as part of the main stand? I'm so confused by now, and it looks worse with every re-design. Starting to think we should stay at RH, at least its got character! (yes I know its falling apart..)

The hotel will be part of the main stand but more central. The 2 tower blocks will be residential flats to cater for the more high end market.

The council want residential so its not just Ron being greedy. Who knows if the council are worried about the impact on the High street, with the cinema at FF already possible being scrapped. Then we may see a further area of residential and less retail.

There is a certain amount of irony in this thread and I include my previous post in this. We have waiting months/years for news, any news regarding Fossetts Farm, begging Ron to tell us what is happening. When we finally get something, albeit from a non SUFC person, the main thrust of comment here is that it's horrible etc. It probably will not look like the current artists impressions, it may be worse (God help us), but it is at least a bit more information than was previously available. I doubt whether the man from the Council would have released that statement without Ron/British Land giving it the 'agreed' nod, so I'm naively thinking that Ron had an input in the man's comments.

I'll probably get slaughtered for this post, but I'm glad it was released now, and maybe, just maybe I will see the outcome before I drop off the perch, that would be nice.

Residential will, I think make things harder in the long term. For example if we want to expand, or possibly for hosting additional events. It might be a necessity but it's not optimal.

Still, it has to be built first.

Wonder how much the hotel rooms facing the pitch will be.

For a night game, might be worth watching the game from there and staying overnight! :cool:

Wonder how much the hotel rooms facing the pitch will be.

For a night game, might be worth watching the game from there and staying overnight! :cool:

Staying overnight with the fit lass, with the carrier bags ? Good work ! :winking:

Yes, this new stadium definitely gets the thumbs up! :thumbsup:

There is a certain amount of irony in this thread and I include my previous post in this. We have waiting months/years for news, any news regarding Fossetts Farm, begging Ron to tell us what is happening. When we finally get something, albeit from a non SUFC person, the main thrust of comment here is that it's horrible etc. It probably will not look like the current artists impressions, it may be worse (God help us), but it is at least a bit more information than was previously available. I doubt whether the man from the Council would have released that statement without Ron/British Land giving it the 'agreed' nod, so I'm naively thinking that Ron had an input in the man's comments.

I'll probably get slaughtered for this post, but I'm glad it was released now, and maybe, just maybe I will see the outcome before I drop off the perch, that would be nice.

Not really, you could have seen the exact model over a year ago at the open days. I was amazed how few of the serial moaners never took up the offer. No wonder Ron thinks he would be wasting his time with updates.

I think it looks quite nice! Anyone know which side will be missing? Maybe we'll get to see it in person at some point in our lifetimes.

Residential will, I think make things harder in the long term. For example if we want to expand, or possibly for hosting additional events. It might be a necessity but it's not optimal.

Still, it has to be built first.

At the moment the retail (potential residential) is further away from the stadium than any of the current houses that surround RH. Plenty of room to take us up to 60,000 on those big European nights.

The Council are under pressure from the government to find more land to build residential property on. This is very difficult in our town because of the demographics. So no point in having an out of town retail white elephant which also drags down the high street.

I think it looks quite nice! Anyone know which side will be missing? Maybe we'll get to see it in person at some point in our lifetimes.

The main stand.....the one your looking at on the picture with the hotel and flats as well as the corporate

Can I ask a question about floodlights? Yes. Oh good.

Perhaps it is a detail that is not shown on the sketches but I am presuming that the floodlights are built into the edge of the roof that overhangs the pitch.

Shame that - I am rather a fan of the floodlight construction at the new Rotherham ground - I've not seen that any where else and I think they are aesthetically pleasing.

Not really, you could have seen the exact model over a year ago at the open days. I was amazed how few of the serial moaners never took up the offer. No wonder Ron thinks he would be wasting his time with updates.

I'm not a serial moaner thanks, and my comment about a bit more information was aimed at when things may happen, not what the stadium may look like. Sorry if you misinterpreted what I posted.

I'm not a serial moaner thanks, and my comment about a bit more information was aimed at when things may happen, not what the stadium may look like. Sorry if you misinterpreted what I posted.

I never said you were. So its more a case of you misinterpreted what I posted.

Absolutely.

Why don't these designer types just consult us fans.

After all, it's us lot who are going to use it!

I am reliably informed that the stadium delay has been due to the plans having to be revised to accommodate the need to double the size of the club shop to handle sales of Roots To The 92. I apologise.

Back