• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Normally any restructuring that involves reducing headcount involves finding out if anyone is already thinking about leaving/retiring and working out an appropriate package to facilitate that. Hopefully that's what's happened here.

TBH I don't think it's fair to be discussing the job situation of club staff on here.
They're not really in the public eye and I doubt anyone on here has been given permission by the person of interest to start discussing their personal life.

I did not start the thread just to have a dig at Ron. Sue is someone many of us have had dealings with so she is well known amongst the fans, far more so than Ken Hare.

I was dealing a large booking with Sue, so was surprised to hear the news when I phoned the club. A word of warning they seem to be working from 2 different spread sheets or something and when they checked on the first one my booking wasn't on there. So if you have booked for any of the meal deals I suggest you phone and double check the booking.

Just found out that some more staff have been given the push, including Sue Page. I always found her great to deal with, she's the very nice lady who organises the corporate deals in the Centre Circle and Blues lounge etc.

Sue had previously worked for West Ham and Col U so had plenty of experience. Sounds a ruthless business this Football lark....On and off the pitch.

Very sad to hear this, if true, Sue is a real gem and pro-active in her customer care.

I took a box last season, the look of which and service was shabby to say the least, I posted a comment on here giving no detail other than my disappointment, the next day I had an e-mail from Sue apologising and offering me a refurbished box, at a game of my choice, FOC.

When I asked her how she knew, she said 'Shrimperzone, I always keep an ear to the ground'!

Sue, if you're reading, sorry to hear the news, if I can help in any way please get in touch.

Legally, if her job has been taken over 'as is' by someone else after she's been let go due to restructuring because her didn't exist any more then she has ample grounds to take it to a tribunal. If on the other hand she was 'let go' and her job was then restructured to take in other roles and subsequently renamed then I'm afraid there's little to do. I would hope that the club has done the decent thing and given her some kind of job loss remuneration package other than just the statutory monies owed.

if the club were clever the new position will have a slightly different job title. The end.

Just a thought... and I appreciate that any news that involves people losing their job if is never nice, but can we try for a while to keep this type of negative news about the club which happens across the business spectrum off of the message board.

There are so many positive things that are happening on the field of play and also behind the scenes that us "zoners" should be and must be proud of.

Can we focus on these things please.????.. I feel good about the Blues right now..

Negative threads always detract peoples attention away from the positives!!!!

UTB!:thumbsup:

Just a thought... and I appreciate that any news that involves people losing their job if is never nice, but can we try for a while to keep this type of negative news about the club which happens across the business spectrum off of the message board.

There are so many positive things that are happening on the field of play and also behind the scenes that us "zoners" should be and must be proud of.

Can we focus on these things please.????.. I feel good about the Blues right now..

Kim Jong-un is looking for new media liaison officer.....If your interested :winking:

Last edited:
Who cares... the people in charge obviously think other people are better suited to the role going forward.

While it is great that things are going well on the pitch, this site isn't Pravda. The club needs to be held to account for the bad things it does too. I am not referring to the subject on this thread, just generally.

While it is great that things are going well on the pitch, this site isn't Pravda. The club needs to be held to account for the bad things it does too. I am not referring to the subject on this thread, just generally.

All well and good but as you know, certain people on here take great delight in 'putting the boot in' to the club at every opportunity.

All well and good but as you know, certain people on here take great delight in 'putting the boot in' to the club at every opportunity.

And some people read any constructive criticism as 'putting the boot in'. It's a two-way process.

The prospect of the club being held to account via ShrimperZone is stretching things a bit, or have I misunderstood what you meant?

And some people read any constructive criticism as 'putting the boot in'. It's a two-way process.

Best take your own advice on the Anton Ferdinand thread. Rather than slag your own fans for backing one of their players.

Otherwise the chip on your shoulder about West Ham stops you being constructive.

The prospect of the club being held to account via ShrimperZone is stretching things a bit, or have I misunderstood what you meant?

Probably could have worded it better but debate should be around the whole club, not just positive stuff.

We welcome all opinions on the Zone unless they are abusive threatening or trolling.

That is the joy of being independent and detached from the club.

It would be an ideal world if Southend United achieved all it's dreams and promises but we live in the real world.

We don't want pointless hammering of the club, but sometimes things are brought to the attention of the members who post their feelings and thoughts.

Best take your own advice on the Anton Ferdinand thread. Rather than slag your own fans for backing one of their players.

Otherwise the chip on your shoulder about West Ham stops you being constructive.

My view on the Southend United captain championing arguably the club Southend fans hate the most is my opinion, it differs from yours which is great, exactly what this site is for.

Also, didn't realise disliking a rival club now means you have a chip on your shoulder, but I guess you live and learn.

My view on the Southend United captain championing arguably the club Southend fans hate the most is my opinion, it differs from yours which is great, exactly what this site is for.

Also, didn't realise disliking a rival club now means you have a chip on your shoulder, but I guess you live and learn.

Best you read your own post on that thread because that's the last thing you were saying.

Didn't stop you posting 3 times on the groundsman being sacked thread though :winking:
That story was already in the public domain, and the point I tried to make in that thread was that we had very few facts and therefore it seemed unreasonable to jump in with opinions about who was right/wrong. I'd suggest similar in this case.

Also, Ranger is classed as club staff and his career and personal life has been discussed to death
Sure, I thought the distinction between backroom staff and players didn't need to be made. Sorry for any confusion.

I am not at all suggesting that the Zone should be full of positives and any negatives that come up should not appear on here. My point was that after all the negativity on her recently especially about the Ranger case and our lack of transfer activity in January it would be nice to go a week and read only about the positives things that are happening.

As already stated the news had been in the public although I had not read about (probably due to my location). However, I am sure that the if we zoners could feel even a little bit of the positiveness that we are seeing in the teams results wouldn't it just make for a better feeling all round.

Only for a while... I live in hope! After all I am a Blues fan. One has to :winking:

Best you read your own post on that thread because that's the last thing you were saying.

Read it again as you thoughtfully suggested. The use of "so-called fans" refers to the people on Facebook goading Millwall fans by saying things like 'run from the west ham' as the original poster points out but I appreciate it may have been taken to mean fans posting on that particular thread itself.

100 lines for me (no offence Nile)

Back