• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Champions Trophy 2017

Need 306, good score from Bangladesh. Sounds like a flat track though and we should have this in our locker, you never know with scoreboard pressure though.

Looks like a great atmosphere at the ground today. Would like to see more of Bangladesh over here - I see they're not due in England again this side of the 2019 World Cup though.

138/1 at the half way mark, with another 168 needed to win. This could well come down to the wire. :unsure:

Should be fine from here baring a collapse. If they'd have got 30/40 more (like they prob should have done!) it'll have been a very tough, but do-able chase!

Decent start I feel. Whilst our batting is outstanding Woakes is a big loss in the bowling department going forward if he isn't fit to make the rest of the games. Looking forward to the Aussie game and hopefully getting some bragging rights after next weekend.

Decent start I feel. Whilst our batting is outstanding Woakes is a big loss in the bowling department going forward if he isn't fit to make the rest of the games. Looking forward to the Aussie game and hopefully getting some bragging rights after next weekend.

Woakes is a big loss, not keen on Ball, would rather give Willey a shot

I'll stick my neck out here and say that Pakistan won't win this tournament! :blush:

Did you say the same in 1992 when England bowled them out for 72(?)?

Totally different scenario.

Pakistan were skittled out on a green top in Adelaide that was seaming around and swinging like a jazz band.

They had the likes of : Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Aamir Sohail, Inzaman Ul Haq, Salim Malik and Wasim Akram in the side.

That tournament was pretty open. Australia weren't the force they became later, at that time and the Windies had just lost talismen like Viv Richards to retirement.

This current Pakistan side has nothing to offer. No obvious match-winners with bat or ball. Ranked 8th in the world for a reason.

Totally different scenario.

Pakistan were skittled out on a green top in Adelaide that was seaming around and swinging like a jazz band.

They had the likes of : Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Aamir Sohail, Inzaman Ul Haq, Salim Malik and Wasim Akram in the side.

That tournament was pretty open. Australia weren't the force they became later, at that time and the Windies had just lost talismen like Viv Richards to retirement.

This current Pakistan side has nothing to offer. No obvious match-winners with bat or ball. Ranked 8th in the world for a reason.

Reputations are made in tournaments like this and Pakistan have talent - Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Babar Azam and keep a look out for Faheem Ashraf who's now likely to come into the team.

And this is an incredibly open tournament.

Pakistan are currently a very ODI bad team but with a few changes and favourable weather shortening matches they could catch fire. I'm not betting on it though as their fielding is abysmal and their batting seems to lack dynamism.

Their bowling unit is handy, as was proved at times in Australia, when they put the hosts on the back-foot, but their batting has, like you say, nothing to offer. The fielding doesn't even bear thinking about.

Having now had Sharjeel Khan taken out of the equation, they struggle to hit a 90+ strike rate, resulting in totals of around 270 or less.

Way below par these days.

They remind me of us lot, up to and including the 2015 World Cup.

If it rains Saturday, Aussies could be out, without playing a full days game in the tournament

Love or hate him David Warner is all most the complete batsman imho, would love to have in my set up

UTS

I'm going on Saturday, so much rather a full game and we knock them out instead. That would be glorious.

Back