• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He didn't scout Gills very well

.........or Rotherham - wretched team insisted on playing 'in a way' that clearly we were unprepared for.

But in any case I thought Shaw scouted the opposition according to Rigsby?

I just wish that someone would scout for new players this season other than a French bloke who PB knows and recommended Ba, Fat Sam who recommended Cole, anyone already at the club could have suggested Kights, Hendrie and Kiernan which I guess leaves Turner as being 'scouted'?

Id have Innis back without hesitation. He hardly got much opportunity from his long loan spell thanks to injury and diving in full fury in an extremely brave attempt to score against Bolton, where he started off brilliantly, completely commanding and strong and shouting and demanding effort from all those around . Tough lad, dominating at the back, likely to score and cause a few problems upfront?. Sometimes it takes a little while to develop, like Bolger, Thompson, Prosser. M Voto, Dovite etc

Id have Innis back without hesitation. He hardly got much opportunity from his long loan spell thanks to injury and diving in full fury in an extremely brave attempt to score against Bolton, where he started off brilliantly, completely commanding and strong and shouting and demanding effort from all those around . Tough lad, dominating at the back, likely to score and cause a few problems upfront?. Sometimes it takes a little while to develop, like Bolger, Thompson, Prosser. M Voto, Dovite etc
I really really didn't rate Thompson, until he played next to anton and got better and better ( coincidence- I have no idea), but based on that I guess innis could develop as well, and of course he already has the physical attributes that we miss however is his shoulder up to it - from memory there were posts on here suggesting he had had everything done in hat could be done, and it still went. . I also wonder how many people's views are unconsciously affected by his nightmare game when in all likelihood he was confused ( can't recall who we were playing)

Agree with this, I'd have him back too. He's still only 22 so plenty of time to develop into a player. He has the advantage that he already knows most of the squad and has worked with them so should fit straight back in. He's contracted to Palace until the end of the season. I think I'd go for a season long loan with an option to purchase at the end (because of his age, Palace could still ask for a fee). That would give us a chance to assess his fitness and any ongoing issues with his shoulder.

Agree with this, I'd have him back too. He's still only 22 so plenty of time to develop into a player. He has the advantage that he already knows most of the squad and has worked with them so should fit straight back in. He's contracted to Palace until the end of the season. I think I'd go for a season long loan with an option to purchase at the end (because of his age, Palace could still ask for a fee). That would give us a chance to assess his fitness and any ongoing issues with his shoulder.

I'd be happy if we brought Innis and Amos back on loan today for the season

For anyone still wishing to have clarification, please have a read of the latest published Trust Liaison Meeting Minutes where this question was asked!

Here, to make it easier.

10. Any Other Business:
• Youth Team Mini-bus – The Trust is to pay £5,000 per a year as part of their contract for
sponsorship of the Youth Team, which will go towards the funding of this new mini-bus,
which is currently being held for the club. It is a 17 seater.
• Youth Team Contract – The Shrimpers Trust name is now on the Youth team shirts and the
Contract is due to be sent to the Trust for approval.
ACTION – DM and PF to liaise on the Contract
• Alan Moody – Alan and his daughter would be guests of the club at the match on Saturday,
and would be presented with the resultant cheque from the recent fund raising to date. DM
noted that the designated box (20) still needed to be cleared. Disabled toilet facilities had
been arranged. Some commemorative prints had been commissioned, with cost being £380.
DM advised that there are loads of people wanting to meet him on the day, and it was
agreed that this might be better managed doing so in the Blues Legends’ Lounge after the
match. A request was made that the manager and players be approached for donations
ACTION – DM to talk to PB
• Club medicals – SC enquired about the medicals carried out before signing a player bearing
in mind the recent injuries to newly signed players. DM advised that the initial medical
would be carried out by Ben Clarkson, and that players would then be sent for x-rays. Both
Rob Kiernan and Michael Turner went through this procedure. Sometimes, when situations
like this arise, it is old scar tissue causing the problem.
• Individual roles – SC asked about Bob Shaw and Brian Horton, and their roles within the club.
GK responded, explaining their responsibilities, Bob Shaw is Chief Scout, and although he
doesn’t scout this particular area himself, he has others reporting to him that do. Brian
Horton is an important link between the youth team, the under 21s, the manager and the
first team. He works closely with Ricky Duncan.
• Hospitality upgrades for STHs – SC asked why the upgrade costs for STHs are more
expensive this year. DM replied that it was due to the uptake, particularly on the more
expensive games.
• Newport – Carabao Cup – SC expressed his disappointment over the situation regarding
tickets sold for this game. He would have preferred to sit in his normal seat in the South
Upper, which didn’t officially go on sale until late on the day. The East stand was very full
and people weren’t sitting in their allocated seats necessarily making it difficult to find seats.
• Frankie Banks – KF made a formal request for the Trust to be given access to some old
scrapbooks documenting Frankie’s time at the club, in particular his work with the Senior
Shrimpers. She has seen these books which were found during SUCET’s move, requests from
the Trust to SUCET for them has so far fallen on deaf ears.
ACTION – GK to raise with DS
• Future meetings – GK asked that, in future, we liaise amongst ourselves for future meeting
dates, with KF over-seeing this arrangement. He would like the Agenda published at least a
week in advance of meetings in future. PF agreed to re-circulate Minutes half way through
cycle to prompt people on their outstanding matters.

Brian Horton's links with the youth team would make sense, I've had friends who have seen him at non league games and talked to him and aside from saying he's absolutely bonkers he always seems to talk about our youth prospects.

Brian Horton's links with the youth team would make sense, I've had friends who have seen him at non league games and talked to him and aside from saying he's absolutely bonkers he always seems to talk about our youth prospects.

<********> but I thought we never scouted or looked at non league talent and just signed over-payed, past it ex-prem players? </********>

That's why we snap up all the localish non-league talent ahead of the likes of Peterborough ??

I'd assume they watch the players and report back to PB, perhaps the reports suggest the players aren't of the required quality or perhaps PB prefers a tried and tested option. We do look at these players though. POSH in the past have paid reasonable size fees for the top of the non league talent, perhaps we couldn't compete? They have had a fair few flops in recent seasons too, they aren't all Dwight Gayles and Britt Assombalongas

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Horton has been interviewed for the vacant Port Vale job and that Horton has said he's 'keen to get back into management'.

Yay!!

Back