• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential Championship Signings based on what Phil Brown would like (All out of contract summer '18):

• Hope Akpan - Age 26 - 9 league appearances this season - 0 Goals + Assists
  • Aaron Wilbraham - Age 38 - 12 league appearances totalling 97 mins - 0 goals 2 assists
  • Chris Taylor - Age 31 - 0 appearances this season, spent end of last season on loan at Oldham.
  • Clayton Donaldson - Age 33 - 15 league appearances @ 58mins average - 4 goals 1 assist.
  • Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Age 26 - No games all season.
  • David Vaughan - Age 34 - 12 games at 77mins each - 1 goal.
  • Gary O'Neil - Age 34 - 2 games.
  • Stephen Quinn - Age 31 - no league games all season. -http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...ring_from_football_during_long_injury_battle/
  • Darren Bent - Age 33 - no league games all season.

I have based this on the types of players PB will want to sign, not what I think is a genuine potential transfer.

We also have a (young, dynamic) analysis guy called Ben, I'd imagine he gets involved in reviewing targets as well as going over our own performances?

PB has actually been to Holland to scout after someone pestered him about a certain player. Quite a trip for our little team with flights and over night hotels.

Not sure of the exact figures but its something like, when they scout a player they like to see a score of 220. They will look again if its 200

The lad they looked at scored.....96.......As far as I know there have been no more trips to Holland.

Interesting. The cost and logistics is obviously going to be an issue but then why did PB go and not a scout? If a scout went first does PB not think it best, if recommended to offer the lad a trial here, rather than go there? Even more radical, would you not make sure you are seeing more than one lad on a trip or are we to believe all the Dutch lads rate 96?

PB has actually been to Holland to scout after someone pestered him about a certain player. Quite a trip for our little team with flights and over night hotels.

Not sure of the exact figures but its something like, when they scout a player they like to see a score of 220. They will look again if its 200

The lad they looked at scored.....96.......As far as I know there have been no more trips to Holland.

Dear rigsby, please explain how you know the intimate details of a Brown foreign scouting trip including the score for the player ?

Is there something you would like to tell the members of the Zone ?

Interesting. The cost and logistics is obviously going to be an issue but then why did PB go and not a scout? If a scout went first does PB not think it best, if recommended to offer the lad a trial here, rather than go there? Even more radical, would you not make sure you are seeing more than one lad on a trip or are we to believe all the Dutch lads rate 96?

So lets get this right. I give you brief details about a scouting trip to Holland and in less than 45 minutes you have told the world why SUFC and of course mainly PB have got it all wrong......Who would have thought that.

Potential Championship Signings based on what Phil Brown would like (All out of contract summer '18):

• Hope Akpan - Age 26 - 9 league appearances this season - 0 Goals + Assists
  • Aaron Wilbraham - Age 38 - 12 league appearances totalling 97 mins - 0 goals 2 assists
  • Chris Taylor - Age 31 - 0 appearances this season, spent end of last season on loan at Oldham.
  • Clayton Donaldson - Age 33 - 15 league appearances @ 58mins average - 4 goals 1 assist.
  • Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Age 26 - No games all season.
  • David Vaughan - Age 34 - 12 games at 77mins each - 1 goal.
  • Gary O'Neil - Age 34 - 2 games.
  • Stephen Quinn - Age 31 - no league games all season. -http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...ring_from_football_during_long_injury_battle/
  • Darren Bent - Age 33 - no league games all season.

I have based this on the types of players PB will want to sign, not what I think is a genuine potential transfer.

I feel sick

Dear rigsby, please explain how you know the intimate details of a Brown foreign scouting trip including the score for the player ?

Is there something you would like to tell the members of the Zone ?

I have no knowledge about the trip to Amsterdam later that evening for the entertainment.

So lets get this right. I give you brief details about a scouting trip to Holland and in less than 45 minutes you have told the world why SUFC and of course mainly PB have got it all wrong......Who would have thought that.

Actually, no. The details you gave suggest it's wrong or are you saying that's a good way to do business? Even you stated the trip was the result of the manager being pestered. On current evidence I don't think he does what people pester him to do. Do you?

We all know what will happen. On Jan 31 he will sign some nobody as a desperation measure. In the meantime we will be three games nearer relegation. The stench is now getting overpowering........

We were given an option to sign him as part of the Lenny deal (not made public).
He was the player who scored a 12 minute hatrick against us for Donny earlier this season. Very highly rated.

Thanks for that info Lincoln Shrimp. Very interesting. Probably Ron couldn't agree a valuation even if we had been interested.

Back