• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's all about planning, surely. Just as the Leonard sale was probably all teed up before, so should incoming transfers. Does the whole of the fee actually get transferred from one bank to another on the day like a house purchase/sale?

It's quite unusual for this to be the case I understand. It's normally paid in installments.

It's quite unusual for this to be the case I understand. It's normally paid in installments.
Yes, that's what I thought so there is really no excuse or reason for the obvious lack of forward planning and preparation.

Lots of forward planning by others though and as said above looks like some good signings going on

Brannigan (midfielder) from Liverpool to Oxford - undisclosed fee - age 21
Mensah looks good age 23 from Aldershot to Bristol Rovers, young striker, mate of mine rates him- undisclosed fee
21year old Ivan Toney from Newcastle ( midfield ) and 20 year old Ryan Yates from Forest, both snapped up by Scunthorpe on long loans
adam Armstrong, 20 year old striker from Newcastle to Blackburn and Luke Hendrie aged 23, was on loan earlier this season to Bradford City, they didn't want to lose him, but Shrewsbury have come in with a fee
be interesting to see as well , how the two non league players Peterborough went for get on
interesting too that the above 9 average age 22 and just how the super rich clubs of Oxford, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe , Bristol Rovers and Doncaster go about their business?.

I am wondering whether we could boost morale by removing Sammy the Shrimp and Elvis the eel from their jobs. If we could develop like Wimbledon did in those good old days, a fighting spirit like we are "Wimbledon and we don't care" it could carry us through any relegation worries. To aid this we introduce a Slug as our new mascot or perhaps a sloth?

Yes, that's what I thought so there is really no excuse or reason for the obvious lack of forward planning and preparation.

Surely money could be found secured against that sale money - a bit like a W*nga loan! "WE'll pay when the Leonard deal is sorted". The only possible stumbling block could have been the medical (although we all felt it would be fine).

I think we paid around £150k for Bolger and would like to think we might lay out a little bit of the Lenny cash for a decent midfielder. I rated Bolger and could see him developing as he did, but sadly things went wrong somewhere with Phil. Come to think of it I would still prefer Bolger and Prosser in the back 4 over Ferdy et el. Mind you Prosser fell foul of ego man as well

I think we paid around £150k for Bolger and would like to think we might lay out a little bit of the Lenny cash for a decent midfielder. I rated Bolger and could see him developing as he did, but sadly things went wrong somewhere with Phil. Come to think of it I would still prefer Bolger and Prosser in the back 4 over Ferdy et el. Mind you Prosser fell foul of ego man as well

Really Barry, you just made that up didn't you.

I'm sure it was between 10-20% of this figure?!

I'd really like us to sign a big strong target man in the mould of Barry Corr in his prime. Loved seeing barry dish it out week in week out. Such a shame his knees turned to dust!

This one was well publicised as being a £25K fee. Add-ons are rarely disclosed these days, but even if these might theoretically have brought the fee up to £150k, the way Bolger panned out with us would mean that few if any would have come into force.

In any event, neither Bolger or Prosser have proved to be world beaters since they left us. I'd rather have Turner and Kyp than them two.

Has RM has that phone call he was waiting for yet? If not, we might have to move on to our list of unrealistic targets.

I'd really like us to sign a big strong target man in the mould of Barry Corr in his prime. Loved seeing barry dish it out week in week out. Such a shame his knees turned to dust!

We did, in the form of Nile Ranger....His morals turned to dust.

Sometimes id does though

Considering Liverpool rejected a 7 figure offer for Brannigan 18 months ago it's extremely unlikely it does in this case, his value has clearly fallen a bit but you don't go from being worth over £1m to nothing in a year.

We did, in the form of Nile Ranger....His morals turned to dust.

Yes, because who could have possibly foreseen choir boy Nile Ranger ending up in trouble?

Missing a match because he had to go to the Palace to collect his MBE, maybe, but turning up late to training, getting into trouble with the police? That was all completely unexpected. Phil Brown and Ron Martin were definitely really unlucky there and their due diligence won't have thrown up anything to suggest that this might happen.

Considering Liverpool rejected a 7 figure offer for Brannigan 18 months ago it's extremely unlikely it does in this case, his value has clearly fallen a bit but you don't go from being worth over £1m to nothing in a year.

Stephen Hendrie cost west ham £1million didn't he?

Back