• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday thread 2018

"I lay my family on the drive, draw round them in chalk and put Police Line Do Not Cross tape around the front of my house".

Chalk?....amateur mistake.. what if rains?....or do you leave them there for the duration of your holiday, with nothing but a pack a mac and a tin of Spam between them for comfort?

Just back from three days in Brussels with my wife and children. Really enjoyed it - a compact city, so most of what you'd want to see can be accessed on foot.

The main exception to this is the area up by the Heysel Stadium, which is about 20 mins away on the tube and features not just the Atomium but the excellent Mini Europe. The latter is a full of 1:25 scale models of some of the most famous buildings in the EU - important distinction there, EU, not Europe. So I wonder what will happen to this beaut when we leave....

westminster-londres.jpg

It's stag do year for me - went Barcelona in March, going to Budapest in 2 weeks then Vegas in September...better start saving up :stunned:

When did simple stag nights turn into stag-expensive-overseas-holidays? I couldn't for the life of me afford anything on that scale - my mate is mentioning Newcastle for his, and even that puts me off.

As for holidays - Devon this year, possibly Morocco next as it's a big one for the wife and we need to go somewhere warm in April.

It's stag do year for me - went Barcelona in March, going to Budapest in 2 weeks then Vegas in September...better start saving up :stunned:

Vegas has been mentioned a few times but now most of us have children we've had to knock it back! Did Barcelona about five years ago and had a blast. Went to Budapest for a mate's wedding - some of the lads went out the night before and really got stung so be wary of where you drink!

Long weekend in Yorkshire - Harrogate, Oldstead then York - at the end of the month and then a long weekend in Spain at the end of September for a certain Zone person's wedding.

Unless we get the house sold quickly or win the lottery or something......

Currently in North Devon for a few days and return again in two weeks for the first of the May bank holiday weekends, love it!

My wife wants to go to New York (mainly to visit Ellis Island). I've already been (at a time when you couldn't visit EI).I've suggested she go when the World Cup's on.She wasn't keen on that.Any ideas?

My wife wants to go to New York (mainly to visit Ellis Island). I've already been (at a time when you couldn't visit EI).I've suggested she go when the World Cup's on.She wasn't keen on that.Any ideas?

When are you expecting to be divorced? :unsure:

Been out voted on Germany so it looks like France for me. Thought about Paris but its so bloody car unfriendly and no reasonable priced hotel has parking. Might take a chance and try Bordeaux. Looks nice but its a serious trek by road.

Calabria for us this May/June.
When we go to Italy we have always gone Rome or further north (either coast side) so we are expecting to see a different country.
Dorset in July near Blandford Forum, lovely county.
And hopefully a week in Greece in September/October.
Love the summer!

Burton Bradstock ( nr Lyme Regis ) in Dorset for 4 days May Bank Hol weekend, then back to Florida for 2 weeks in Sept.
Interesting fact re Florida, bearing in mind every company blaming Brexit for price increases.
Last year went for 12 nights, this year booked for 14 nights at same resort with Virgin again, at same time in Sept, & only £10 more each for 2 more nights!!.
No idea how they work their prices out, but well happy with that!.

Burton Bradstock ( nr Lyme Regis ) in Dorset for 4 days May Bank Hol weekend, then back to Florida for 2 weeks in Sept.
Interesting fact re Florida, bearing in mind every company blaming Brexit for price increases.
Last year went for 12 nights, this year booked for 14 nights at same resort with Virgin again, at same time in Sept, & only £10 more each for 2 more nights!!.
No idea how they work their prices out, but well happy with that!.

The pound £ is at a good high against dollar$ at the moment and rising (slowly) against the euro.
Fear about USA economy/trade and also German slowdown.

Been out voted on Germany so it looks like France for me. Thought about Paris but its so bloody car unfriendly and no reasonable priced hotel has parking. Might take a chance and try Bordeaux. Looks nice but its a serious trek by road.

You'd be mad to drive in Paris. It's worse than London.

Back