• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My Whiteomania was caused entirely by BBC Essex telling me White had scored the first goal. Does this mean I must never trust the BBC again? This is so bad.

The Club site has Kightly as scorer as well -but the photo on the Club Twitter feed shows White heading it in.

I'd go with Nick and Chris over the BBC website. Nick had no doubt JW scored. I thought Kightly crossed the ball in, so the only thing is whether JW touched it or whether it went straight in, I guess.

Based on what I’ve seen since SCP has come in we have to be up there next season.

Roll on next season

In Powell we trust !!

Looks like we will finish 9th if we win next Saturday, as Peterborough are playing Portsmouth. :thumbsup:

Win next week and we finish 9th. Hope all those who kept abusing us fans who were calling for Browns head are proud of themselves.

In the post match interview on BBC Essex, SCP was talking about White's goal. So must have been him.

Just noticed the crowd was nearly 20k today. That is massive for a L1 game where neither side has a lot to play for. Obviously Bradford have a big fan base but none the less, impressive.

I'd go with Nick and Chris over the BBC website. Nick had no doubt JW scored. I thought Kightly crossed the ball in, so the only thing is whether JW touched it or whether it went straight in, I guess.

Someone needs to get the Sky highlights up pretty damn quickly, this could become a serious incident otherwise. John White looks nothing like Michael Kightly, has there been a transplant!

Phil Brown points per game this season 1.1
Chris Powell points per game 1.8
Browns point tally around 51 pts for season
Powell's around 80 for the season
Very interesting summer coming up that's for sure. Looking forward to next season immensely

Looks like we will finish 9th if we win next Saturday, as Peterborough are playing Portsmouth. :thumbsup:

Raincheck that. It'll be 10th if Bradford win their remaining two games.

BBC still credits Kightly and then says White in the report! :facepalm: :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43846794

So does the OS. :facepalm:

lkIaTk.png

OS said:
Blues took the lead from the following corner through John White, as Bradford failed to clear their lines, and Michael Kightly swung an inviting cross into the penalty area, which White bulleted into the bottom right-hand corner to give Colin Doyle no chance in the Bantams goal.

Just noticed the crowd was nearly 20k today. That is massive for a L1 game where neither side has a lot to play for. Obviously Bradford have a big fan base but none the less, impressive.

Not necessarily as they count season ticket sales regardless and Bradford's are very cheap so sold in excess of 15,000 I think.

Attendance today 19,960 well done to all the 418 happy travelling Shrimpers. :thumbsup: :clap: :happy:

FrhQjd.jpg

GHubUK.jpg

KABOeU.jpg

Back