• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just noticed the crowd was nearly 20k today. That is massive for a L1 game where neither side has a lot to play for. Obviously Bradford have a big fan base but none the less, impressive.

They have about 17000 season ticket holders because they were only £149, and since an adult ticket is £20 on the day people buy them even if they don't go to every match. Season tickets count towards attendance even if you don't show up so their attendance is always high. (Before people ask why we don't do that it's because we could only get a few extra thousand in before reaching capacity but if we slash a season ticket price by more than half we'd end up with less overall revenue from ticket sales, which we can't afford to do.)

Just noticed the crowd was nearly 20k today. That is massive for a L1 game where neither side has a lot to play for. Obviously Bradford have a big fan base but none the less, impressive.

Not necessarily as they count season ticket sales regardless and Bradford's are very cheap so sold in excess of 15,000 I think.

They have about 17000 season ticket holders because they were only £149, and since an adult ticket is £20 on the day people buy them even if they don't go to every match. Season tickets count towards attendance even if you don't show up so their attendance is always high. (Before people ask why we don't do that it's because we could only get a few extra thousand in before reaching capacity but if we slash a season ticket price by more than half we'd end up with less overall revenue from ticket sales, which we can't afford to do.)

Yep they count tickets sold for the official attendance (so do we as proved by the Walsall crowd this season). I think Bradford v Shrewsbury the other week the crowd was probably about 8,500 but the official attendance was 19,000+.
Mind you I see Bradford have 'only' sold about 12 to 14,000 cheap season tickets for next season. The last time they didn't have the cheap offer which was over 10 years ago their average crowd was about 8,500.

So does the OS. :facepalm:

lkIaTk.png

Crazy! Having seen the goal I've got no idea how they gave it to Kightly?! I assumed earlier it was a contentious decision, looking at the replay Kights was nowhere near the ball?! Poor old White let's give him credit where it's due.

Last edited:
Definitely number 48 on the back of the guy that scored. So that's a White goal unless he's swapped shirts with Kightly!

If you watch the highlights on i-Follow, you can use the "Slow Motion" button, and you will see how good of a header that 1st goal was from White, timed the jump well and finished to perfection... well worthy of any decent forward imo.

Crazy! Having seen the goal I've got no idea how they gave it to Kightly?! I assumed earlier it was a contentious decision, looking at the replay Kights was nowhere near the ball?! Poor old White let's give him credit where it's due.
Ask OBL, she seems to credit White with everything? Am I missing something,are they an item?

Ask OBL, she seems to credit White with everything? Am I missing something,are they an item?

Perhaps they are??... But i'm sure her current hubby wouldn't be too happy about it, in fact John White's Mrs and kids wouldn't be overly pleased also!.. not even John would be happy with her frozen spuds & Yorkshire Puds at Xmas :smile: add to that John White might have a secret side business being a rival taxi driver to her "bit on the side".

I can see AndyT stepping in here, and creating an "OBL Diary" on the back of that post. :hilarious:

Back