• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Cricko has given us the good news, the infrastructure that keeps the Zone rolling along is soon approaching it’s death throes, and like Roots Hall it needs replacing. So at some time in the not too distant future we’re off to a new platform, and with it new bits to try out and to play with.

I don’t know how many of you are statistically minded, but by 5pm tonight the site had been visited by 623 members, and very few of those visitors posted. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but we, as Owners and Mods, are very interested to understand what you want from the Zone for the future. We want to know what would incline you to post stuff sometimes rather than peep and zoom off, and what also ****es you off about the Zone now. By and large this is a very active site in comparison with other fans boards, sometimes active with good stuff, sometimes with not so good bits, it’s not nicknamed ShrimperMoan for nothing!!

So, Zoners, what do you want for the future, what would make you more active rather than passive?

Responses are welcome from all, but we are particularly interested in the seldom posters views. The good thing about this thread is that it’s free to participate in, so, because it’s free, what’s stopping you?

We can’t deliver Championship football or a new ground in case you were wondering but we will listen to what you say.

Up the Blues.

Frequently I have intended to post but after reading the thread I have realised that my thoughts are not original and somebody else has already said what I intended to say.

Frequently I have intended to post but after reading the thread I have realised that my thoughts are not original and somebody else has already said what I intended to say.

Please don't let that stop you Blake, your views are as valid as anyone's and if we only had originality on the Zone it would be a quiet place at times!

this situation has also occurred on another forum I frequent, I think it's more to do with forums being an older version of what has now become social media, i think the zone still has a place but when you notice the amount of posts that are pinched from twitter etc I think we can see where the future lies.

I generally post when I can take the pee out of someone for saying something stupid...Also, a thread where you can have a real good play on words is fun too :smile:

He just said what I was going to say !

Usual suspects posting (which is great of course and welcome) but it would also be really good to hear from some of our members (viewers?) here who don’t traditionally don’t get involved in the debate.

Personally speaking I come here to see bits of news, info or rumours about the club. Even if many turn out to be untrue, it’s still a great source of information about the club. Although many do not post, I would say that in no way makes us appreciate any less what this forum provides.

Will bullying/belittling continue to be the norm from the owners?

From my point of view, living where I do and therefore only getting to a few games a season, I find the real opinions posted give me a feel of what’s happening through the eyes of people who actually go to games. I like it that some are amusing, some plain daft, whilst others are moaning and some are well thought points of view. I may post if I feel I can contribute something to a discussion.

Will bullying/belittling continue to be the norm from the owners?

Oooohhhh... a bit unnecessary I think.

And whilst the zone is a place I love and have sponsored/supported for years, I think it's this type of thing that actually cheeses a lot of people off; too many people can never let things go, keep having digs at each other in all manner of threads, the past is constantly dug up, revived and presented as new again in all manner of irrelevant arguments which makes the threads sometimes a bit boring and definitely a turn off.

But having said that, I still wouldn't be without the place! Some of the puns, one liners and comebacks are premier league quality, even if the football isn't.

As a Southend exile I value the daily vicarious contact with the club, and some of the posters are natural comedians (and I mean that in the loving sense). This is a much more pleasant place to be than many fan forums where the swearing, racism and general intolerance are in some cases appalling.

I personally come here to see what the latest is with the club, find out what the recent rumours are with transfers etc and just see what the opinions are of fans on certain matters. I should engage more but like others have said a lot of the time my opinions have already been said by other posters so I wouldn't think I have anything meaningful to add. The site is great and have donated money but no ideas come to mind on how it could be improved.

LUKE!!! that seems like your first post, so welcome. :happy:

Your reasons for not posting seem similar to mine. Yet affirmation or condemnation, from your perspective, will add to any debate.

But don't forget that any offering may not be received without criticism! :omg::omg::omg:

Initial thoughts

Easier to log in - sometimes device browser based issue
More chat based - see responses to the post rather than in the forum
Notifications of responses.
Both of which could be misused however good for debate
Maybe to could be app based rather than web?
I’m another that lives far away...Please don’t stop posting I love reading the views and comments on transfers match reports rumours and general going Son

Being in Australia I use the Zone to catch up on news and all things Southend but rarely post as being so far away I have little of use to add to most conversations.

However, in the case of this thread, I have made an exception and posted.

Back