• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Colchester Utd vs Southend Utd CheckaTrade Trophy

Bishop
Bwomono-Moore-Dieng-Hendrie
Kightly-Klass-Batlokwa-Macca
Cox-McClousky

Really? I'm staggered, thought that was going to read "his first as a manager", but EVER?!!!

Why is that surprising?

After we relegated them back to the conference in 1989/90 we didn't play them again until Tilly was manager and we knocked them out of the LDV en route to Wembley.

We're usually a division or three above them.

SOUTHEND United are facing a centre-back shortage ahead of tonight’s Checkatrade Trophy clash at Colchester United.

More...

Sir Chris Powell said:
You have to have four from the game before and four who have played 40 games or more so there are a few details you have to clarify and that also comes into your thinking.

CP hasn't understood the rules correctly (or has been misquoted). It's not 4 from the game before AND 4 who have played 40 games or more, it's any 4 players who meet one the five criteria.

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

7.6 Any EFL Club failing to meet the requirement to play Full Available Strength will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

Why is that surprising?

After we relegated them back to the conference in 1989/90 we didn't play them again until Tilly was manager and we knocked them out of the LDV en route to Wembley.

We're usually a division or three above them.

Not even in a pre-season friendly?

I’m well looking forward to this game crowd or not, I think we will have our weakest side out ever tonight but still feel it will be good enough to beat col u as I don’t think they will risk players they don’t need to as they are going for promotion this season, would be nice to see prosser play as I rated him a fair bit when with us.

Luke has done very well for us this season after having major injury problems last year, I think he will play at least some oif the game tonight.

Hendrie did fine in the Cambridge game, no problem with him playing tonight

Fair point, I guess if I allow McLaughlin to find form I should Hendrie. I wouldn't be annoyed if he did play. If I had him in the team I would play Turner so there isn't a near completely different back line. But I'd rather rest him and play Coker.

its as if he reads all the shrimperzone match reports:Smile:

its as if he reads all the shrimperzone match reports:Smile:
I could be wrong but I don’t think we have any youth central defenders remotely near first team consideration.

Luke has done very well for us this season after having major injury problems last year, I think he will play at least some oif the game tonight.
I sincerely hope he plays the whole game—we might need a few of his trademark miskicks to boost our tally.

I can understand CP's reluctance but tonight is an ideal opportunity IMO to try Dieng out in defence. Hopefully we won't need to use him as a defender regularly, but it would be a chance to see if he's a viable option if we have a lack of CB's available for a league game. Saturday for instance we'll only have Turner and Moore as recognised CB's if White and Lennon fail to recover in time.

Not going tonight as this competition has been ruined for me but if Luke Prosser plays tonight, I hope all shrimpers give him a good reception! Always did his very best for us, not much more we can ask for.

Not going tonight as this competition has been ruined for me but if Luke Prosser plays tonight, I hope all shrimpers give him a good reception! Always did his very best for us, not much more we can ask for.

Its the same down here he always puts in a shift, he leads by example and is well thought of by fans and players alike.

Some of the CoLU fans are arriving early it seems..
Flock_of_sheep.jpg

I think I recognise @Colchester and proud! in the background.:Smile2:

Last edited:
Back