• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Why would I care about Cameron, I’m more concerned how the Labour Party were stolen from me. By the same people who stole my union.

The good thing is the EU smuggly took the p***. So he had to have a referendum......what was you saying about consequences.
I was talking about Cameron and you replied. If you want to talk about something else post a stand alone comment.

I was talking about Cameron and you replied. If you want to talk about something else post a stand alone comment.

No I just pointed out how your ‘consequences’ theory works both ways.... something you might want to take on board with your regular ‘May will be gone tomorrow’ posts.

As the Berliners used to say in early 1945 “Enjoy the war, the peace will be terrible”

No I just pointed out how your ‘consequences’ theory works both ways.... something you might want to take on board with your regular ‘May will be gone tomorrow’ posts.

As the Berliners used to say in early 1945 “Enjoy the war, the peace will be terrible”
The point was about Cameron. Not Corbyn, not May, not any Germans in 1945.

Cameron went into his reform discussions on the back of months of him personally slating the EU in general and Junker in particular. What did he expect to achieve after creating that atmosphere? Classic Cameron - no understanding of consequences of your actions.

As I'm sure you're fully aware, with five years residence established, you'll have full rights to remain in Latvia,whatever **** up the UK makes in their eventual deal with the EU.
I have only 3 years so....but it's more concerning if we wish to return to the UK in view of my wife's nationality.

The point was about Cameron. Not Corbyn, not May, not any Germans in 1945.

Cameron went into his reform discussions on the back of months of him personally slating the EU in general and Junker in particular. What did he expect to achieve after creating that atmosphere? Classic Cameron - no understanding of consequences of your actions.

Cameron winning a second term outright was the consequence of Labour choosing Ed Miliband as their leader.

The left cheered when Cameron failed in Brussels and continued with your insults....That's why we have Brexit. I do hope your not going to spend years blaming Cameron. The left have spent decades hating Thatcher, instead of facing up to the fact that their actions meant her politics were the consequence.

Cameron winning a second term outright was the consequence of Labour choosing Ed Miliband as their leader.

The left cheered when Cameron failed in Brussels and continued with your insults....That's why we have Brexit. I do hope your not going to spend years blaming Cameron. The left have spent decades hating Thatcher, instead of facing up to the fact that their actions meant her politics were the consequence.
Of course Cameron insulting Junker then asking him for a favour is the Left's fault.

Of course Cameron calling a referendum without checking with his cabinet who was going to back him is the Left's fault.

Of course Cameron lying to the public and then getting less than 40% of Tory voters to back Remain is the Left's fault.

Of course Cameron having absolutely no idea what to do if Leave won so having to quit politics is the Left's fault.

That pig.....it was a left wing pig and it was giving him the eye - no one could expect Cameron to resist such and alluring outlet for his lust - it was the Left's fault.

If any of the brexiteers on here could please explain to me exactly what will happen to our country after brexit I would ge very appreciative.
Facts please not speculation or opinion.
Thanks

Of course Cameron insulting Junker then asking him for a favour is the Left's fault.

Of course Cameron calling a referendum without checking with his cabinet who was going to back him is the Left's fault.

Of course Cameron lying to the public and then getting less than 40% of Tory voters to back Remain is the Left's fault.

Of course Cameron having absolutely no idea what to do if Leave won so having to quit politics is the Left's fault.

That pig.....it was a left wing pig and it was giving him the eye - no one could expect Cameron to resist such and alluring outlet for his lust - it was the Left's fault.

Of course, the truth hurts. :Smile:

If any of the brexiteers on here could please explain to me exactly what will happen to our country after brexit I would ge very appreciative.
Facts please not speculation or opinion.
Thanks

Likewise those that voted remain.

Fact is no one knows for sure. Just as it was back in 1975 It's a gamble some of us were willing to take, others not.

Some decided better the devil you know with all its faults and costs while others decided it best to venture out into unknown waters while at the same time having some control over the steering of the boat.

Imposible question to answer

Anyone who imagines that on leaving an organisation you can still enjoy the exact same benefits as membership is simply deluding themselves. It will cost us, deal or no deal - the devaluation of the £ since the referendum already has provided a foretaste.

I have only 3 years so....but it's more concerning if we wish to return to the UK in view of my wife's nationality.

The transition period (of 21 months+) should take you up to five years but I agree that your wife's nationality might pose a problem.We're already resigned (my wife is French) to seperate queues at Southend/London airports.:Thumbs down:

Likewise those that voted remain.

Fact is no one knows for sure. Just as it was back in 1975 It's a gamble some of us were willing to take, others not.

Some decided better the devil you know with all its faults and costs while others decided it best to venture out into unknown waters while at the same time having some control over the steering of the boat.

Imposible question to answer

As I've pointed out before in 1975 I voted against our membership of the EEC.We were told then,after a 2/3 majority in favour of membership that this was a once in a lifetime decision.Ho, hum. :Whistling:

As I've pointed out before in 1975 I voted against our membership of the EEC.We were told then,after a 2/3 majority in favour of membership that this was a once in a lifetime decision.Ho, hum. :Whistling:

And as I've pointed out before the EEC trading block that was proposed and voted for back in 1975 is NOTHING remotely like the EU beast we see today.

As for your 'two queues' point. I'm sure you and your wife will survive the untold inconvenience and expense heaped upon you both. :Cool:

And as I've pointed out before the EEC trading block that was proposed and voted for back in 1975 is NOTHING remotely like the EU beast we see today

Yes.Many things have changed for the better in the last 40 odd years or so.Not all though.

As for your 'two queues' point. I'm sure you and your wife will survive the untold inconvenience and expense heaped upon you both. :Cool:

I rather imagine there'll be worse than that in store. :Scared:

You may believe in it but the past 50 years clearly shows it hasn't worked. A concept is where it will stay so long as there are independant nations.
The last fifty years have worked a little bit better than the previous fifty to that, I would suggest, but don't let history get in the way of the facts.

Haha....that's getting evermore ridiculous and zilch to do with this European ideal which so obviously enthralls you. I would say that anything would be better than a 50 year period that encompassed a World War, wouldn't you? Hey, but don't let history get in the way, eh?

Haha....that's getting evermore ridiculous and zilch to do with this European ideal which so obviously enthralls you. I would say that anything would be better than a 50 year period that encompassed a World War, wouldn't you? Hey, but don't let history get in the way, eh?
The previous 50 years or so of course encompassed two world wars, and on the contrary, it is everything to do with the European ideal. The history of France and Germany alone is one of frequent wars and conflicts and the advent of the EU has hopefully eradicated the symptoms and causes of that and brought peace in Europe for an unprecedented period.

Back