• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

It's ok, no offence taken Like every other expat living in the EU, I have no idea what my situation might be after Brexit. I am not angry about Brexit, I just feel it was a decision based on an appeal to a rather unattractive form of nationalism and decided on sentiment rather than practicality which will have adverse consequences on many levels, economically, politically and sociologically for the people of both the EU and the UK. In the end, this is about people's everyday lives, something that matter most and on a personal level, the uncertainty over the future is a big issue as my wife is a Latvian citizen while I am a UK citizen with (at the moment) a residential permit which allows me to own a property and to have the privilege of paying tax here(at a higher rate than the UK of course!).

As I'm sure you're fully aware, with five years residence established, you'll have full rights to remain in Latvia,whatever **** up the UK makes in their eventual deal with the EU.

Do you actually know the difference between perfectly legal immigration and refugees?

Yeah I think so. Some refugees are legal in the first safe country they enter. They may then gain citizenship of that country, say a member of the EU for example. They can then move throughout the EU perfectly legally. Others on the other hand just keep going from country to country, even by boat, without any registration, and many of those happen to lose their own identification papers. Some reach UK, in back of lorry even, and mostly never get deported, whether from war torn country or not. Some even pretend to be children.
EU citizens can mostly move about EU legally.
On the other hand non EU migrants usually apply before they enter the country to become legal.
Obviously a fairly simplistic view, but then I am sure it would take pages to cover the topic properly.

Cameron went into his reform discussions on the back of months of him personally slating the EU in general and Junker in particular. What did he expect to achieve after creating that atmosphere? Classic Cameron - no understanding of consequences of your actions.

The Labour policy of ******* up to the all powerful EU. The consequences are they lost an election. Would that be no understanding of your actions ?

The Labour policy of ******* up to the all powerful EU. The consequences are they lost an election. Would that be no understanding of your actions ?

Both the Tories and Labour promised in their 2017 manifestos to take the UK out of the EU.The difference is that Labour have promised to remain in a customs union.That,IMO,will mean-after the Tories **** up the Brexit negotiations-that Labour will inevitably win the next GE,whenever it is held.

Cameron was the Conservative Party leader not Labour - blaming Labour for what Cameron chose to do makes no sense.
At some point you need to allow Cameron to take responsibility for his actions not constantly try to shift the blame.

Cameron was the Conservative Party leader not Labour - blaming Labour for what Cameron chose to do makes no sense.
At some point you need to allow Cameron to take responsibility for his actions not constantly try to shift the blame.

Why would I care about Cameron, I’m more concerned how the Labour Party were stolen from me. By the same people who stole my union.

The good thing is the EU smuggly took the p***. So he had to have a referendum......what was you saying about consequences.

Why would I care about Cameron, I’m more concerned how the Labour Party were stolen from me. By the same people who stole my union.

The good thing is the EU smuggly took the p***. So he had to have a referendum......what was you saying about consequences.

Nobody forced Cameron to hold a referendum.It was his attempt to unite the Tory party -that worked well didn't it?

Perhaps you could explain the accuracy of 'ruled from Brussels' or give some examples of anything that has been imposed on the Uk against our wishes.

Ok you have swerved the illegal migrant point and claim the fishing industry is all the Tories fault.... So I will have another go.

How about the ridiculous decision to expand the EU and allow all the former Eastern block countries to become members. This was purely based on political expansionism and empire building. The sort of thing you hate about British history.

When did we get a say in that decision.?

Even many remainers don’t agree with that.

Last edited:
It certainly worked out well for people like me. In case you forgotten we voted out.

Ok you have swerved the illegal migrant point and claim the fishing industry is all the Tories fault.... So I will have another go.

How about the ridiculous decision to expand the EU and allow all the former Eastern block countries to become members. This was purely based on political expansionism and empire building. The sort of thing you hate about British history.

When did we get a say in that decision.?

Even many remainers don’t agree with that.

It's far too early to assess what the consequences of Brexit will be.

Going it alone in today's complicated,inter-related world is not a great idea.QED.

It wouldn’t be for Spain but us Brits are fed up paying your taxes.

If was so bad going alone why are you trying to jail Catalonians for 30 years. Including some who’s only crime was to try to calm the crowd....After the police had asked them to do so.

It wouldn’t be for Spain but us Brits are fed up paying your taxes.

If was so bad going alone why are you trying to jail Catalonians for 30 years. Including some who’s only crime was to try to calm the crowd....After the police had asked them to do so.

You will have noticed that the EU has wisely decided to stay out of what they consider to be a domestic dispute.

I would advise you to do the same.:Moon:

You forget that I'm a UK passport holder.That I believe, entitles me (and others) to comment on UK politics.

You don’t live here, you don’t work or pay taxes here. You quite rightly don’t get a vote here.....

So if you want to come on the Brexit thread with your usual self interest theories and constant slagging if all things British. We might just remind you that Spain is more racist, stole children for profit and beats up its own firefighters for protecting the public..... Still none of that affects you so who cares...... your right the EU certainly don’t.

If they did we might just have stayed.

Back