• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Portsmouth FC vs Southend United

Not sure why CP's moved Elvis to left back when he's been so impressive in his natural position in the last 3 games, doesn't sound like it's working at all. I also feel Hendrie's done okay since the Blackpool game.

Too much needless tinkering for my liking. My guess is CP didn't want to drop one of the CB trio. It probably would have been best to make a tough decision and bench one of the three rather than take the easy option and leave Hendrie out. Oh well, too late to know now if it'd made any difference. :Sad:

Bunn misses a great chance to shoot by trying to be too clever..... but it's another corner to us. Again easily cleared.

So, would anyone change anything? I guess we will wait until the 70th minute or until the 3rd goal goes in.

I would take Elvis off and go 3 @ the back and 2 up top with robinson

So, would anyone change anything? I guess we will wait until the 70th minute or until the 3rd goal goes in.

It's SCP... he rarely makes half time changes. I would expect 70 minute changes.

As the BBC guys said, it's more of a case of damage limitation rather than trying to chase a draw.

Who is on the bench to turn the game around?

They have Brett Pitman, what have we got?

I'm sure Powell is thinking the same thing.

Not sure why CP's moved Elvis to left back when he's been so impressive in his natural position in the last 3 games, doesn't sound like it's working at all. I also feel Hendrie's done okay since the Blackpool game.

Too much needless tinkering for my liking. My guess is CP didn't want to drop one of the CB trio. It probably would have been best to make a tough decision and bench one of the three rather than take the easy option and leave Hendrie out. Oh well, too late to know now if it'd made any difference. :Sad:

Poor management IMO; if PB had done this there would be 87 pages of Brown out!!

If I can tell White and Turner don't work together, then why can't the management team :Angry:

It's SCP... he rarely makes half time changes. I would expect 70 minute changes.

As the BBC guys said, it's more of a case of damage limitation rather than trying to chase a draw.
I’d rather lose 5-0 and give it a go then accept another **** defeat.
Pompy are much better than us...but it just doesn’t seem like the players give a fck

Frankly, I'd give some of the back-ups a game, can't be any worse than some of these. Hutchinson, Ba and Klass etc

Who is on the bench to turn the game around?

They have Brett Pitman, what have we got?

I'm sure Powell is thinking the same thing.
Maybe we should’ve signed a few more players?

Robinson going to cause more trouble
Upfront than Dieng

....only the manager!

He really is a terrible manager ... forget all the SCP bo***x, clueless team formation terrible partnerships all over the pitch, no fight no passion .. you can’t coach class, you can only work with what’s in front of you , but what you can coach is formation and line up, you can talk to your team and create a bond and a determination.... we have non. Mansom is the worst captain we have had since Andy Harris

He really is a terrible manager ... forget all the SCP bo***x, clueless team formation terrible partnerships all over the pitch, no fight no passion .. you can’t coach class, you can only work with what’s in front of you , but what you can coach is formation and line up, you can talk to your team and create a bond and a determination.... we have non. Mansom is the worst captain we have had since Andy Harris

Did you feel inspired in his pre-match interview?
Did he look like he had got the players pumped for a battle?

We are two down make positive changes give it go.CP won't subs coming when we are further behind.

Maybe we should’ve signed a few more players?

Robinson going to cause more trouble
Upfront than Dieng

We did sign players, they all got injured!

I really don't think the budget was anything like the budget of last season.

Whilst I agree Dieng being upfront isn't the answer; it speaks volumes of how Powell must feel about Theo. Let's face it, most fans agree.

What an odd manager SCP is turning out to be.

Switching all the defenders around away at the top side.

I can't think of anyone else who would think that's a good idea, especially as we won our last league game and kept a clean sheet!

Back