• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Uncle Ron Throws a Tantrum

I'm guessing he feels the pressure when money is tight.

The whole new stadium, balancing act, must be extremely wearing. The last time I saw him, he looked burdened by it more than ever.

I actually like him. He's not perfect, but we can do a lot worse, as most other clubs do!

Just hope that for his and our sakes, there's an end to the FF saga soon.

Totally agree. For all my moans and groans I still attend matches, last nights being the 1st I've missed this year and let's face it when it comes to form we've been here before recently

Ron only rarely goes into the dressing room. At least it would have had some impact. The worry for me only Bishop,Mantom and Dieng were missing from our strongest available side.

Unfortunately, it clearly shows CP has to get it right in the January transfer window.

It almost sounds as if RM has been paying the players, at the detriment of other things and so in those situations feels even more let down.

Pure speculation, but it takes a lot for him to lose his rag I would think. Doesn't come across as someone like that.

There will be some news regarding our financial state pretty soon.

Yes, I must stop doing that.

He does like a January rant old Ron, I have to say.

Overall, he's a really good chairman who sits in the background most of the time, so if something gets his ire then it's usually pretty serious!

I don't call someone who has built up huge debts that can never be repaid in the current operational environment really good....quite the opposite

I don't call someone who has built up huge debts that can never be repaid in the current operational environment really good....quite the opposite

Fair comment, though I'm not sure how much that is directly his fault.

Yes, I must stop doing that.

He does like a January rant old Ron, I have to say.

Overall, he's a really good chairman who sits in the background most of the time, so if something gets his ire then it's usually pretty serious!

Apparently he actually stormed into the Groundsman's hut...….There was no one there, so he headed for the home changing room.

Wasn't that old kit fella sacked in January, as well, or am I making that up to extenuate the story?

There will be some news regarding our financial state pretty soon.

When??..... Will it be when we see him hiding in the foot well of a 1982 Ford Capri in a breakers yard in Rochford, trying to avoid the lads from "Can't pay?... we'll take it away!" :Smile:

That reminds me of the great Arthur Cox* who, having put up with abuse from fans throughout a match, invited them to his office on the Monday to discuss things and they turned up and had a chinwag! :Cool:

*[verification needed]

If I was the chairman of Southend United I would have stormed in to the dressing room last night - that was a very poor performance against a reserve side. I would also ask my manager to explain the performance and why he didn't have some of our promising U-23 players on the bench. I would say that I still had faith in Chris Powell and I would acknowledge the injury crisis, but I would demand a more positive attitude from him especially in his interviews. Fortunately I am not the chairman.......?

If I was the chairman of Southend United I would have stormed in to the dressing room last night - that was a very poor performance against a reserve side. I would also ask my manager to explain the performance and why he didn't have some of our promising U-23 players on the bench. I would say that I still had faith in Chris Powell and I would acknowledge the injury crisis, but I would demand a more positive attitude from him especially in his interviews. Fortunately I am not the chairman.......?
I am very much of the feeling that Ron asked SCP to put out a very strong side as we needed the prize money for winning. This would also explain his visit.

I am very much of the feeling that Ron asked SCP to put out a very strong side as we needed the prize money for winning. This would also explain his visit.
I don't think you are far wrong there. This was probably our best chance of additional cash this season unless we make the play-offs, something that seems less and less likely.

making the playoffs is a pipe dream , making the relegation zone more likely than that.

Back