• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Luton Town

What's your starting 11 for Saturday

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • Ted Smith

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 135 94.4%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 125 87.4%
  • John White

Votes: 123 86.0%
  • Taylor Moore

Votes: 136 95.1%
  • Stephen Hendrie

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 137 95.8%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 104 72.7%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Sam Mantom

• Michael Kightly

• Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Michael Klass

• Harry Bunn

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

• Theo Robinson

• Charlie Kelman

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Amadou Ba

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Norman Wabo

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is what happens to Luton goalies when they come to Roots Hall. Be very afraid James Shea

FIL-SOUTHEND-LUTON-19.jpg

As temp next Saturday currently predicted around 8* & not with the freezing N.E wind previously expected, reckon were on for a 8,500- 9,000 attendance.

Stats show over 5000 home tickets already sold. It's gone up from 4000 prior to Bradford game. I reckon north stand will sell out so about 7000 already.

Just over 3000 available West, East and South combined

:Thumbs up:

Gotta be the same team as Sat if available. Not only because of that result but Luton haven't been playing with natural wide players since Jones went.

I wonder whether they will change their formation and try and target our wing backs?

I can see us winning this, especially if we keep the same XI.

Luton aren't that special away from home - about the same as us away from home, but worse if you look at their points distribution. Only Oxford and Shrewsbury (the two sides at the bottom of the away 'league table') are scored a smaller proportion of their overall points on the road than Luton. We're going to smash then 3-0 I reckon

Ehm I think that is rather misleading. Luton have lost away to Portsmouth and Peterborough - their first two away games and Doncaster and Barnsley - their last league defeat on 13 October. They've not lost at home, drawing 3 and winning 11 -so have more home points than any one - the best home tally in the bottom three divisions. The top 5 are getting away from the rest.

Our record against the sides above us is played 10 lost 10 - so anything other than another defeat will be a bonus.

Ehm I think that is rather misleading. Luton have lost away to Portsmouth and Peterborough - their first two away games and Doncaster and Barnsley - their last league defeat on 13 October. They've not lost at home, drawing 3 and winning 11 -so have more home points than any one - the best home tally in the bottom three divisions. The top 5 are getting away from the rest.

Our record against the sides above us is played 10 lost 10 - so anything other than another defeat will be a bonus.

Yes but we did have a great win against 2nd bottom of the division at the weekend..... on shrimperzone that means we're currently the best team in Europe. On the back of that we had a bad defeat at home when we were the worst team in Essex ;-)

For anybody who thinks we should change the formation or starting XI from the Bradford game need to slap themselves IMHO.

If you never went yesterday, you really won't get how well we played.
Leave it alone now it's been fixed please.

Hypo Typo

I went to Bradford and Yes it was a special special performance. A honour to be there.!!
It was Hyam best performance in a Southend shirt.
I personally would keep the same starting 11. However I can see the argument for Dru, with his fast runs replacing Hyam, at home. Tough call for SCP to make.
The other point I would like to make about Saturday despite the obvious MOM Humpries, Turner how good he is with 3 centre backs. His lack of pace was not eveident.
4 Nil to the Super Blues.

Slaphead.

I
Hypo Typo

I went to Bradford and Yes it was a special special performance. A honour to be there.!!
It was Hyam best performance in a Southend shirt.
I personally would keep the same starting 11. However I can see the argument for Dru, with his fast runs replacing Hyam, at home. Tough call for SCP to make.
The other point I would like to make about Saturday despite the obvious MOM Humpries, Turner how good he is with 3 centre backs. His lack of pace was not eveident.
4 Nil to the Super Blues.

Slaphead.

Keep Hyam and bring on Dru as Sub to make his surging runs when Luton are Knackered

Stats show over 5000 home tickets already sold. It's gone up from 4000 prior to Bradford game. I reckon north stand will sell out so about 7000 already.

Just over 3000 available West, East and South combined

The one guy who was in the ticket office on his own this morning with no other customers has not sold "over 1000 tickets" today !!! :Winking:

Maybe those stats are not ever so reliable.

Should be a good crowd though.

Luton Town have just over 200 left from original allocation of 2000 tickets according to their website. Roots Hall will be rocking. UTB

Luton are sticking to the same formation that Jones instilled in the team, and that’s the Diamond, our two attacking fullbacks James and Stacey, are without doubt the best in the league at the moment, that coupled with Bradley and Pearson make us very very hard to breakdown, our Talisman Striker Hylton is out suspended, as is Cornick, with a knee injury, Our other Striker Elliott Lee also missed out Saturday with an injury..............however Lua Lua has stepped up from the bench, and is on fire, we also have Luke Berry back , who scored Saturday......we also have brought in George Moncur, and George Thorne...in short our options in depth are quite frightening.....and the type of football we are playing is a joy to behold......in short Southend will need to be right on it , to compete with us........that being said and done , I will be happy with a point, and continue our superb home form........here’s to good game and hopefully a cracking atmosphere, always liked your ground

Luton are sticking to the same formation that Jones instilled in the team, and that’s the Diamond, our two attacking fullbacks James and Stacey, are without doubt the best in the league at the moment, that coupled with Bradley and Pearson make us very very hard to breakdown, our Talisman Striker Hylton is out suspended, as is Cornick, with a knee injury, Our other Striker Elliott Lee also missed out Saturday with an injury..............however Lua Lua has stepped up from the bench, and is on fire, we also have Luke Berry back , who scored Saturday......we also have brought in George Moncur, and George Thorne...in short our options in depth are quite frightening.....and the type of football we are playing is a joy to behold......in short Southend will need to be right on it , to compete with us........that being said and done , I will be happy with a point, and continue our superb home form........here’s to good game and hopefully a cracking atmosphere, always liked your ground
If you have a few moments have a quick look at the TV highlights thread from Bradford. If we play like that on Saturday we will be right on it!

Hate Luton... the place, the club and the fans. Would love to beat them but will be tough for sure. Have a feeling Saturday was the start of a little run of form though...

Here’s to good game then mate....to be honest most at Luton are more excited about the final decision that’s due from the council in the next month that rubber stamps our new ground........that will be the biggest thing for our club in a hundred years, no disrespect , win , lose, draw on Saturday, pales into insignificance to this news.......

We always get this, hate the fans, hate the ground, hate the club, hate the town.......always perplexes me a bit, every club has its bellends, yes our town is tired and run down, as is our stadium, are current owners are superb, as they are investing not only in the Stadium, but also the town, for what we have been through in the last ten years, what is planned for our club and the town is unbelievable, we are loving this ride at the moment, and genuinely think we are one of the best run clubs in the country at the moment, and none of us would swap it for a thing at the moment, even the surprise departure of our manager 2 weeks ago, has not affected us one iota.........

We always get this, hate the fans, hate the ground, hate the club, hate the town.......always perplexes me a bit, every club has its bellends, yes our town is tired and run down, as is our stadium, are current owners are superb, as they are investing not only in the Stadium, but also the town, for what we have been through in the last ten years, what is planned for our club and the town is unbelievable, we are loving this ride at the moment, and genuinely think we are one of the best run clubs in the country at the moment, and none of us would swap it for a thing at the moment, even the surprise departure of our manager 2 weeks ago, has not affected us one iota.........
I am not keen on Luton town itself, but then Southend does have a fair few grotty areas and a fair few bellend fans. There are a number of lovely villages ten minutes outside Luton - as there are here. The times I have been to Luton we have not got the "rub of the green" or fair treatment by officials or in my experiences, stewards SO I don't wish LTFC evil but could not fell favorably towards you as I might other teams from your area such as Rushdon and Diamonds.

Back