• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
This stupid girl has no hope and no idea. She is impossibly stupid but that is not a defence permissible for encouraging terrorism.
I am surprised the other 20+ UK nationals in the same camp as her, and who also want to "come home", haven't told her to shut up and stop digging a bigger hole.

Interesting development, The Home Office intends to remove her British Citizenship.

Not sure where this leaves her.

@Spaceman Spiff can you comment further? What happens next?

Interesting development, The Home Office intends to remove her British Citizenship.

Not sure where this leaves her.

@Spaceman Spiff can you comment further? What happens next?

I can’t comment on any specifics at all, it won’t surprise you to learn! However I will say that legal advice will have been taken and I’m confident there will be a legal basis. The moral basis is the thrust of the debate here I think, so that can probably continue unabated.

Good, both morally and legally the right thing to do.

Take the kid away to and give it up for fostering by a family that won't indoctrinate it into hating the country it's being brought up in.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for her or anyone else in the same boat regardless of age. Makes ya bed ya gets to lie in it. Simple as that!

I can’t comment on any specifics at all, it won’t surprise you to learn! However I will say that legal advice will have been taken and I’m confident there will be a legal basis. The moral basis is the thrust of the debate here I think, so that can probably continue unabated.

Yeah I didn’t think you’d be able to spill the specifics. Boooooo

But maybe you can shed some light on some questions I have?

Is there a precedent for stripping citizenship of a Brit?

How likely is it that it will be upheld?

Why has this case sparked such a response, whilst plenty of Jihadi fighters have already returned to this country, without so much of a murmur.

Do you think this will set a precedent for the other 300-odd Jihadi terrorists who want to return?

Thanks

Yeah I didn’t think you’d be able to spill the specifics. Boooooo

But maybe you can shed some light on some questions I have?

Is there a precedent for stripping citizenship of a Brit?

How likely is it that it will be upheld?

Why has this case sparked such a response, whilst plenty of Jihadi fighters have already returned to this country, without so much of a murmur.

Do you think this will set a precedent for the other 300-odd Jihadi terrorists who want to return?

Thanks

That’s all too specific I’m afraid, but you may find this article interesting:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...enship-european-ruling?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The wording is interesting
Removing the citizenship and the involvement of the immigration officials, to me , albeit with an uneducated eye,makes me think that that British citizenship had previously been granted as opposed to being a birth right.
Which puts a different slant on the whole international law angle.

If that is the case then I can’t see any problems with the decision. Not keen on the general gloating reactions all over social media etc...but that’s a personal opinion

The wording is interesting
Removing the citizenship and the involvement of the immigration officials, to me , albeit with an uneducated eye,makes me think that that British citizenship had previously been granted as opposed to being a birth right.
Which puts a different slant on the whole international law angle.

If that is the case then I can’t see any problems with the decision. Not keen on the general gloating reactions all over social media etc...but that’s a personal opinion

Sky News reporting that she’s got (had) dual citizenship.

Also, I don’t see it as gloating per se, more like a sense of jubilation that common sense seems to be prevailing in this case.

If she had duel citizenship then it stands to reason removing and/or revoking her British citizenship doesn't render her stateless which is most certainly illegal.

I would imagine all possible legal questions have been answered before coming to this conclusion.

[QUOTE="Massimo Giovanni, post: 2117i
Alternatively the family could invoke their citizenship rights for the grand parent origin and move to Bangladesh so the child will have the full benefit of Islamic custom and welfare.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I was ahead of the game or right on the money!

By choosing the non Criminal.charges route the Home ofcice have now set themselves up fpr a string of challenges through the courts.
Those Human Rights and Civil liberty lawyers mentioned in previpus posts are now queing up for thoer pay day.
This will drag on for some while, the government have just fuelled a large smokescreen which will keep Brexit and thier sea of other incompetences largely off the front pages for a bit longer.
128m of NHS conttacts being sold off to their mates in the private sector announced yesterday. All neatly hidden behind a young girl...Stay classy Mrs May

No Islamophobia here, just a hatred of indoctrination and radicalisation.
In which case, if you accept she has been indoctrinated and radicalised, then perhaps to acknowledge that she should be given the opportunity for redemption rather than condemnation.

No shame at all on my part. The shame lies with the appalling lynch mob mentality, Islamophobia and sheer ignorance shown on this thread.

Please highlight one example of islamaphobia that has been mentioned in this thread, or please keep your delusional lies to yourself.

Thanks.

In which case, if you accept she has been indoctrinated and radicalised, then perhaps to acknowledge that she should be given the opportunity for redemption rather than condemnation.

No, sorry. I might have done if she hadn't come out with the absolute crap she has in recent interviews. Felt sorry for her initially, not any more.

Will you be offering her that opportunity via room & board in Latvia?

No. No you won’t.

Of course, I recognise that it’s easier to dictate what should & shouldn’t happen with her, when you live over a thousand miles away, safe in the knowledge that she won’t be a bother to you, in any way, shape of form.

Shame on you, for trying to turn this into a race issue. Extreme Liberalism at it’s finest.

Back