• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Redknapp at training today

It's snowing heavily in the City, might this have been caused by it freezing over in hell?

You lot live in dreamland sometimes. I'm sure it was just a social visit between old friends.

In fairness if I was a player and saw Harry around the ground, potentially even giving out a few instructions and advice, I'd be buzzing about a bit, especially if I was one of the younger lads

I doubt he's there for any other reason than a helping hand & moral support etc. To be fair the last two or three jobs he's had have been at clubs already in a mess (yes I know..) but if nothing else he'll put a smile on faces & will give the lads a boost. I'm sure it will be down to KB to pick the team & tactics etc.

Good all round. If HR can just turn up once or twice, get some fun back into the squad it can only help. This squad must be hating every single day of this season, some are working their socks off, others struggling with returning from injuries and some are not really ready for the first team. So, if someone comes in with some fresh ideas, whomever they are, it's changing things!

We have been in free fall since January, confidence is on the floor, our manager was sacked last week and we lost again on Saturday. We aren't down yet, but another couple of performances like Saturday and we will be! So, something different is needed.

Really don't understand the negativity on here sometimes !

He’s only trying to sell some of his Roly Poly.

Good all round. If HR can just turn up once or twice, get some fun back into the squad it can only help. This squad must be hating every single day of this season, some are working their socks off, others struggling with returning from injuries and some are not really ready for the first team. So, if someone comes in with some fresh ideas, whomever they are, it's changing things!

We have been in free fall since January, confidence is on the floor, our manager was sacked last week and we lost again on Saturday. We aren't down yet, but another couple of performances like Saturday and we will be! So, something different is needed.

Really don't understand the negativity on here sometimes !

Do we really need someone putting a bit of fun back into the squad?

Surprised everyone has forgotten the "special relationship" under Redknapp's watch (albeit not his responsibility) as west ham manager of the late 1990s which nearly put us under.

Not for me thanks, and I'd be really disappointed if we let him anywhere near our club.

Harry R will not take on a full time manager role. He certainly won't commute from Sandbanks to B&L/RH and famously gets home every night to be with his wife of 50 years. The daily commuting to QPR nearly killed him.

On the other hand being out the game won't be much fun either.

A more likely possibility is KB does the bulk of the coaching with KK and all the heavy load work (most thats always been the case) with Harry involved in more of a Director of Football capacity. Maybe once week at training, player evaluation and match days. This could work very well all round.

Actually the way they have announced it could be very clever expectation setting.

If one thing HR can do is get the best out of players.

No reason why Arry and Er indoors, couldn't move to Essex's very own Sandbanks.....Thorpe bay

Same as I'd feel about Bond. If it's until the end of the season, cool. Just don't give him any money to spend

this is a pantomime, anyone who thinks rednapp will give two ****s whether we sink or swim are fulling themselves, managers like him unfortunately have had their day, I think this will all end in tears ( i hope of course I am massively incorrect, of course I do )

this is a pantomime, anyone who thinks rednapp will give two ****s whether we sink or swim are fulling themselves, managers like him unfortunately have had their day, I think this will all end in tears ( i hope of course I am massively incorrect, of course I do )
But can it be worse than CP’s tears? Nope. Let’s crack on

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond expects Harry Redknapp to be at the Shrimpers’ remaining matches this season.

More...

We get it, you didn’t like Powell.

But you’re being naive (at best), if you think this can’t get any worse
What are you on about? We’re in the **** and looking to get relegated if we continue this form! If Bond and a few visits from a big name like Redknapp can give the players a boost what’s wrong with that?

Back