• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Redknapp at training today

Talk about over reacting.

There was outcry when this man didn't get the England job when it was given to Woy Hodgson. Bond and Redknapp have worked together in the UCL, overseen some superb results and some fantastic players - including current Ballon d'or winner Modric and Gareth Bale.

If he walks around training today, over sees it and picks up three things we/players are doing wrong, how can that be negative? He is vastly experienced and we need any experience we can get.

Also, think about the advice he could have for younger players such as Kelman, Wabo, Acquah, Yearwood, Bwomono.

The bloke is nowhere near the finances, he is literally at training to support his former assistant manager.

There was outcry when this man didn't get the England job when it was given to Woy Hodgson. Bond and Redknapp have worked together in the UCL, overseen some superb results and some fantastic players - including current Ballon d'or winner Modric and Gareth Bale.

If he walks around training today, over sees it and picks up three things we/players are doing wrong, how can that be negative? He is vastly experienced and we need any experience we can get.

Also, think about the advice he could have for younger players such as Kelman, Wabo, Acquah, Yearwood, Bwomono.

The bloke is nowhere near the finances, he is literally at training to support his former assistant manager.

Yes but he never played for us or won the league with Charlton

Harry helped Yeovil for a few matches in 2017 in a "voluntary capacity", whatever that means......

Come Saturday Joey Barton is going to have Fleetwood fired up as usual. Redknapp, regardless of whether you like him or not is the perfect remedy to lift our lacklustre squad. We need to be fired up for the next game up there or we are heading for another loss.

As far as I’m concerned this can only be a good thing. We need all the help we can get

And if Redknapp is supporting Bond until the end of the season then great, it can only be a positive, as long as he doesn’t start giving Ron tax advice.

What are you on about? We’re in the **** and looking to get relegated if we continue this form! If Bond and a few visits from a big name like Redknapp can give the players a boost what’s wrong with that?

The same thing people have been warning against for the past few months. The long term instead of the short term.

Yeah, we’re in the **** now. Why are people so oblivious to how bad it could still get, due to rash decision making?

Afterall, Martin has previous for gambling on short term success against long term gain. Look how that’s panned out in the past

drove past B&L today at about 11.30 am. gates closed and 'guarded' by a steward. someone in a car was being turned away...

behind closed doors training with 'arry.

It’s turning into a bit of a circus!! Just get on with sorting the mess out and winning 3 games !!

Which is why we need to do something to shake up our poorly performing team quickly - remembering we’re in a 6 game season. It’s a punt, but as far as rolls of dice go, I think this is a fairly good one.

Absolutely, I’m not actually disagreeing with that.

The point I was making to the right honourable gentleman from Dubai, is that even though Powell is no longer here, it can get a lot worse.

we’re not out of the mire yet, and more worryingly, we have a man running the club, who doesn’t have a great record of decision making.

In truth, the last couple of days have cheered me up a bit. Following Saturday I felt we had absolutely no chance of avoiding the drop and I was dreading Fleetwood. Carnival or not, I'm now looking forward to the game, intrigued as to what side we'll put out and the reaction of the players. Will it change anything?.........God only knows.............but I've got a little more hope for survival, may be the players have been lifted as well?

I can't imagine a few words from Harry is suddenly going to elevate the likes of Yearwood and Kelman into world beaters.

This can only be a good thing for the club for this season, not only will it potentially give our players a bit of a lift it might get into the oppositions head a little.

In the longer term Bond may not be the worst option anyway, remember that Spurs team that finally broke into the top 4 with a few youngsters bursting through including a young full back that became a world beater? he coached them and helped develop them to that level.

I don't believe for one minute the players we have aren't good enough.. Some are maybe the wrong side of their best, but majority are good players. Something has gone badly wrong in recent months so anything to draw attention away from the slump can only be a good thing.

I remember not so long ago us being the best team at the Stadium of Light for 60 minutes. Ok it didnt quite work out but had Dru got the penalty decision.... After the game loads of Sunderland people i stayed with said we were a good side. It's amazing what role confidence plays in football.

Let's get behind the boys and see what happens. Capable of winning 4-0 at Bradford. We might do it again Saturday with a change of environment.

I'm convinced Harry is our new manager, he obviously has other commitments at the moment so can't fully take things on until the summer.

I don't believe for one minute the players we have aren't good enough.. Some are maybe the wrong side of their best, but majority are good players. Something has gone badly wrong in recent months so anything to draw attention away from the slump can only be a good thing.

I remember not so long ago us being the best team at the Stadium of Light for 60 minutes. Ok it didnt quite work out but had Dru got the penalty decision.... After the game loads of Sunderland people i stayed with said we were a good side. It's amazing what role confidence plays in football.

Let's get behind the boys and see what happens. Capable of winning 4-0 at Bradford. We might do it again Saturday with a change of environment.

Yes good point about the Sunderland game and their fans.

We made them chase the ball for 15 minutes and should have had a penalty for hand ball before the Dru shout. In fact we looked like a confident side who had just beaten Walsall 3-0 just 4 days before.

It wasn't until Coker went down that they produced that first attack. Whilst we were literally adjusting, they scored.

Last edited:
Back