• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Wycombe Wanderers

Indeed the starting line-up beggars belief. Must be one of a dozen or so games this season that we look beaten before the game kicked off. Surely there must have been better applicants than Kevin Bond?

Might not have booed but some of the chanting would have been heard by players.
It was meant to be. Quite honestly our supporters have had the patience of saints these last few weeks. When was the last home game they were served up some decent entertainment?
I can think of plenty of other clubs where the fans would have gone apesh*t over what we have been served up.
There is only so much we can take of this and if the players heard anything negative being sung, well perhaps they might reflect tonight on why it happened, and why they should feel guilty on taking their wages this week.

For season upon season, decade upon decade I’ve never ever ever considered not renewing my season ticket but today.. I feel like I’ve fallen out of love. I’ve seen worse teams but always saw a light at the end of the tunnel. With this shower of **** I think we would finish bottom of League Two. Plenty of talent but zero belief and zero application.
I don’t think I can do this next season. Unless there is a mass clear out.

For season upon season, decade upon decade I’ve never ever ever considered not renewing my season ticket but today.. I feel like I’ve fallen out of love. I’ve seen worse teams but always saw a light at the end of the tunnel. With this shower of **** I think we would finish bottom of League Two. Plenty of talent but zero belief and zero application.
I don’t think I can do this next season. Unless there is a mass clear out.

Have to agree... this team has got double relegation all over it

30 years I have been watching the shrimpers...with around 20 of those as a season ticket holder, over 70 different grounds. I can not think of a team that has played with so little passion and commitment.

Sure we have had worse teams,the Alvin Martin and Rob Newman eras spring to mind,but never have I seen so little dedication for the club. Too many players on long contracts and fat wages with no desire.

I honestly can’t remember not wanting to go to the next home game,but that is how I feel about Burton at home!

Sure I will be here next season and the season after whatever division we are in....but this group of players have let the club and the supporters down.......

My anger and frustration has turned into depression at the thought of playing League 2 football for the foreseeable future. Such a shame that as quick as that all our hard work to get back to this level has been undone by a bunch of over paid, soft, lazy and gutless players.

My anger and frustration has turned into depression at the thought of playing League 2 football for the foreseeable future. Such a shame that as quick as that all our hard work to get back to this level has been undone by a bunch of over paid, soft, lazy and gutless players.

At least you've stopped blaming the ref for every poor performance.:Clap:
Funny because I didn't do that.

TBF Shrimper I owe you an apology on the blaming the ref accusation. It was after the Luton game where you blamed the ref (unfairly IMO) straight away on the post match thread, this stuck in my mind. However after a glance at your recent posts my 'always blaming the ref' comment was unfair.

On the basis that insanity is often defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results but recognising that we have the players we have and options for change are limited I would look to play the following team for the next game:

Oxley (Bishop has done ok but perhaps experience may count in the run-in)

Bwomono
Kiernan
Taylor Moore
Hart

Klass (at the base of a diamond or behind the midfield 3)
Yearwood
Mantom
Hutchinson

Cox
Humphrys

Too inexperienced? Too much of a gamble? Worth a try?

Did you put Mantom in that list as a spot the odd one out or some kind of red herring?? I'm confused.

Depression has kicked in this evening. Difficulty reconciling the performance today with that of last week. Were Fleetwood far more open, giving us time on the ball? Today we had to fight for everything but unfortunately the fight wasn't there. We're not down yet ..............but God! doesn't it feel like it?

Yes.But remember we're away at Walsall on Friday and away at Rochdale too (as we were to Fleetwood last week).Our away form is the only chance we have of staying up now.

What to say, im f**k*d off reading this **** week in week out ,and im not blaming you posters,you poor people are paying hard earned money to see this gutless spinelees (apart from a few ) shower of ****e play.Its league 2 next season and i hope RM finds a way to get rid of most of these players ,KIGHTLY,DIENG,TURNER,McL,MANTOM,HYAM
and any others not fit to wear a SUFC shirt.And we find a manager with balls not afraid to give the likes of DRU,KLASS,HUTCHINSON,and other youngsters a go.

.....I thought Hart was superb and he’s a loanee. If we had eleven like him we might be ok. Need a proper keeper, not a boy or a poser. A brand new midfield....obviously keep Yearwood who can’t get a game. Kiernan looks decent and can only get better. Kightly is an embarrassment and should be on McDonald’s wages rather than relieving us of thousands every week. Coxy deserves better. This lot will struggle to muster enough energy to get another point and 8/13 is a steal to go down....should be 1/6 and Wycombe were by far the best team out there.

As a positive OBL’s new hair style looking good.....thought it was Holly Willoughby taking the kids round!

Indeed the starting line-up beggars belief. Must be one of a dozen or so games this season that we look beaten before the game kicked off. Surely there must have been better applicants than Kevin Bond?

....Pep G couldn’t manage that pile of ****e.....Dieng, Mantom, Kightly....do me a favour, we’re starting with 8 men every week!

What a disappointing performance. A spirited display at Fleetwood gives us all hope, only to be let down yet again. :Cry:

Bishop 4 - Lucky to get away with a rash foray off his line in the first half. Akinfenwa fairly beat him, luckily the ball fell back at Bish's feet. He seemed rooted to his line for Akinfenwa's second too. I honestly don't think Bishop's ready yet despite his promise. I feel it was a mistake to bench Ox after Peterborough, he might have been rusty but was only going to improve given faith.

Demetriou 7 - What a shame he got injured as he looked good and was linking well with Mantom early on.
White 5 - Okay but too many hoof balls again.
Lennon 5 - Not convinced he's fully fit so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. An unconvincing performance.
Hart 6 - Yet again one of the better players, struggled in the second half defensively but had no cover from lazy Kightly or Macca.

Mantom 5 - First half 7, second half 3. I thought he looked good, at least until Deme went off. Then he completely disappeared. Shamefully gave up on a ball in the second half assuming it had gone out for a throw. What happened to our old mantra 'Never give up!'. Seems laughable with this bunch who give up far too easily.
Dieng 4 - Standard sub par performance. I'm sick of him, yet he still gets picked over Yearwood.
Kiernan 4 - Never a midfielder on that performance. Yeah, he can play a pass when he's got time, but under pressure he looked way off the pace.
Kightly 3 - Woeful, why is he starting week after week?

Cox 5 - Tried, but looks shot after playing 90 mins week in week out. He's run out of steam at the worst time possible.
Humphrys 7 - MOM - Led the line well and looked a threat. When he was subbed we fell apart. I know he's not fully fit but he still looked strong, why sub him unless he was on his feet?

Subs
Elvis 4 - A couple of good forays forward. Defensively looks like a little boy lost.
McLaughlin 3 - As bad as Kightly, pathetic and half arsed, time to leave Macca, I've had enough of making excuses for you.
Acquah 2 - Why? He showed against Shrewsbury that he's not ready. He failed to win one header or even touch the ball in 20 mins from my recollection. The poor kid looked scared ****less. If we're going to have a a young striker on the bench, it has to be Kelman. At least he's got confidence, and he was unluckily not to score v Shrews, yet he's not in the 18?

i still believe (I said it on here at the time) that we were in trouble as soon as we lost Coker and Hopper. Those two stay fit and I honestly believe we’d be upper mid table now. But we are where we are and I seriously worry we could be the next Orient or Chesterfield.

Ladies and gentlemen I’m done with football for a while. You can call me a disloyal fan for not renewing my season ticket because of a relegation, but I literally can’t bring myself to suffer anymore. It’s a 4 hour round trip for me these days and to watch god awful performances like that is quite frankly masochistic.

This season can’t end soon enough. I really hope we get our act together in the summer but I do think it might take a few years to recover from this.

Normally the morning after the night before things feel a little better in my football world. It hasn't worked today as I feel just as bad over our performance as I did at 5pm yesterday. Maybe tomorrow eh? Please make it stop mum!

Normally the morning after the night before things feel a little better in my football world. It hasn't worked today as I feel just as bad over our performance as I did at 5pm yesterday. Maybe tomorrow eh? Please make it stop mum!
Me too buddy, it was all so pathetic and repetitive of games we have seen week on week that I can't get the frustration to go away.

Back