• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anton Ferdinand

Dream debut

Anton Ferdinand was only announced as a St Mirren player around an hour before kick-off, but the former West Ham man has been solid so far for the Buddies.

Debutante Anton Ferdinand leaves the field in the 73rd minute and gets a round of applause from the home crowd, it is presumed Anton Ferdinand is injured .

e2bb3005-41c2-405b-b26e-fe8346544e4e.jpg

I feel sorry for his family, being pulled pillar to post.

It wasn't long ago he was in the place I work buying a TV for this then new home...

Being tormented by "Quiet White" on Twitter, lad who thinks he's so funny but hides behind an assumed moniker.

Think that says more about the level of the SPL -average League 1 standard.

You might be right about the standard of the SPL in general, but he was up against a Celtic team that is far better than anything League 1 has to offer , and he strolled it.

Wish him all the best of luck. Don't think we saw Anton at his most capable of last season, too many niggling injuries, and grief. Hopefully the move will give him a couple more seasons, and will allow him to end his career positively.

Looks to have had a difficult time against a young Aberdeen side who thrashed St Mirren 4-1.

I blame the St Mirren keeper for not being able to spell his surname properly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45688826

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45673055

Hmmm.........

"That's why I worked hard as a kid and still work hard now. I'm still one of the last ones off the training pitch at 33 years old and want to play for as long as possible."

I don't doubt he's the last one off the training pitch even if he's the first to start to leave.

Starting for St Mirren against Celtic tonight live on bt sport.

Came on as a sub in the 93rd minute for St Mirren on the premiership play offs went through on pens. Dundee United managed to miss their first four pens.

I would not be surprised to see him at Daggers or similar. I would suspect Rio has told him the "you are a long time retired" stuff and so Anton likely will play on.
I like the bloke so wish him well.

He was getting interest from other teams earlier on last season when he was playing well for St. Mirren

He strikes me as the sort of bloke who will play for the love of it now. Look at his CV and he certainly doesn't seem to mind the travelling. Hopefully he fancies staying up in Scotland and McCall at Ayr takes a look :Smile:

Back