• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News AFC Wimbledon midfielder Anthony Wordsworth: Southend United are lacking in character

I saw an interview with him and to be fair, he seemed to be sad he left us and seemed to wish us well, saying we had good individual players in the squad. He’s not wrong in anything he says.

Truth hurts.
Actually it doesn’t really seem to. In any other team with just an ounce of self-respect, I’d have expected at least someone to ram the words back down his throat (or register their disagreement with a nice, strong tackle) but no one went anywhere near him. And let’s face it, he’s not exactly hard to catch.

I saw an interview with him and to be fair, he seemed to be sad he left us and seemed to wish us well, saying we had good individual players in the squad. He’s not wrong in anything he says.
Except the bit about good individual players. Anyone who thinks that is totally deluded; I'm guessing he was just being polite.

Actually it doesn’t really seem to. In any other team with just an ounce of self-respect, I’d have expected at least someone to ram the words back down his throat (or register their disagreement with a nice, strong tackle) but no one went anywhere near him. And let’s face it, he’s not exactly hard to catch.

We only gave away 11 fouls all game - we’re not quick enough to get near the opposition.

If anyone is deluded enough to suggest that we miss or could do with that egotistical arrogant shirker then they are very sadly deluded on that showing.

Easily AFCs worst player. He looked unfit, slow and old and I didn’t see a single glimpse of this so called creativity he is supposed to offer.

Yes they took us apart but it was nothing to do with him.

H
If anyone is deluded enough to suggest that we miss or could do with that egotistical arrogant shirker then they are very sadly deluded on that showing.

Easily AFCs worst player. He looked unfit, slow and old and I didn’t see a single glimpse of this so called creativity he is supposed to offer.

Sounds very much like he’d fit in here at the minute.

Anyone who slated him on page one like to re-post?

He was right, we are lacking in every department.

But hey, a 4-1 away win, eh?

miss him No - worse AFC player who cares - bet he's laughing his tabs off tonight though

the thing is he got nicked -

and no-one minded while other players got destroyed for it..

also had a really terrible tatoo ..

AND A BEARD FFS

He'd be the first to admit he didn't have a good game today, the conditions weren't suited to his style of play and he has only recently come back from injury so is still getting up to full match fitness.

I don't know where you get the idea he's egotistical or arrogant, he most certainly isn't. And, as I mentioned before a few months back, I don't know many players that came for Chris' Havens match that were there literally in support of it, rather than playing. He was, and he also brought his dad along.

Don't be so bitter.

He'd be the first to admit he didn't have a good game today, the conditions weren't suited to his style of play and he has only recently come back from injury so is still getting up to full match fitness.

I don't know where you get the idea he's egotistical or arrogant, he most certainly isn't. And, as I mentioned before a few months back, I don't know many players that came for Chris' Havens match that were there literally in support of it, rather than playing. He was, and he also brought his dad along.

Don't be so bitter.

Not bitter at all. All I hear about is this fabled creative genius that we miss so badly and how we don't have a player of his quality in our ranks....

I very much like your posts OBL and I usually find myself agreeing with your observations and you are very knowledgable....

But.....the conditions didn’t suit him???? Are you serious? Who did they suit? Very little wind, not cold, wet zippy surface.....id say that should and normally does suit the technically gifted players more than most!!

I know nothing of his support for charities or good causes, but I did see him (today) and read of him this week disrespecting fellow pros.

His attitude to milking his away support when he was substituted showed a lack of respect towards the home support that most ex players try and avoid.

It’s typical of the situation we are in when after the midweek newspaper article disrespecting fellow pros and treating Elvis with disrespect, he miked the away crowds taunting as he walked off.....while wasting time...he then walked past the East stand to the dug outs without a single voice of abuse......the same people that don’t think twice about hurling abusing at their own players.....normally the younger or less experienced the better!!!!

Not bitter at all. All I hear about is this fabled creative genius that we miss so badly and how we don't have a player of his quality in our ranks....

It’s typical of the situation we are in when after the midweek newspaper article disrespecting fellow pros and treating Elvis with disrespect, he miked the away crowds taunting as he walked off.....while wasting time...he then walked past the East stand to the dug outs without a single voice of abuse......the same people that don’t think twice about hurling abusing at their own players.....normally the younger or less experienced the better!!!!

What happened with Elvis ?

But.....the conditions didn’t suit him???? Are you serious? Who did they suit? Very little wind, not cold, wet zippy surface.....id say that should and normally does suit the technically gifted players more than most!!

I know nothing of his support for charities or good causes, but I did see him (today) and read of him this week disrespecting fellow pros.

I was out there on that pitch before the kick off with my flag bearers and walked round it and back to our seats before kick off - it was VERY slippy. Kiernan was in midfield to deal with Woody's threat but, in reality, all the threat today came from Scott Wagstaff.

I've seen Woody have many of these type of games for us, wet, rainy, slippy pitches don't suit him but he will still snipe and trip and cause problems to the opposition (us), different to what he does at his best. When you're struggling for grip, and controlling the ball spinning off a wet surface it's really not going to suit the most creative players. Dogged determination wins the day.

He didn't disrespect anyone. He was with us when we had bags of characterful players and a similar manager. Compare and contrast with what we have now and you will see that he was just speaking the truth.

Annoyingly Wordsworth was spot on. He's got an utter lack of class though, both with the Elvis incident, and celebrating the second wildly in front of the East Blacks.

TBH after the way he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Col U in our victory years ago, I expected nothing less. Grade A ****.

I was out there on that pitch before the kick off with my flag bearers and walked round it and back to our seats before kick off - it was VERY slippy. Kiernan was in midfield to deal with Woody's threat but, in reality, all the threat today came from Scott Wagstaff.

I've seen Woody have many of these type of games for us, wet, rainy, slippy pitches don't suit him but he will still snipe and trip and cause problems to the opposition (us), different to what he does at his best. When you're struggling for grip, and controlling the ball spinning off a wet surface it's really not going to suit the most creative players. Dogged determination wins the day.

He didn't disrespect anyone. He was with us when we had bags of characterful players and a similar manager. Compare and contrast with what we have now and you will see that he was just speaking the truth.

Speaking the truth and not disrespecting fellows pros are two completely different things

And I’m sorry a slippery pitch and the ball spinning off a wet surface is exactly what technically gifted players thrive on.....it’s the less gifted that need to perfect conditions!!!

Surely no one can claim that Hutchinson shows dogged determination yet he is technically gifted and today was by far his best game for us so using the conditions as an excuse for Wordsworths poor showing really doesn’t add up.

Annoyingly Wordsworth was spot on. He's got an utter lack of class though, both with the Elvis incident, and celebrating the second wildly in front of the East Blacks.

TBH after the way he ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Col U in our victory years ago, I expected nothing less. Grade A ****.

But when he did that against Colchester I seem to remember everyone loving it, didn’t Barrett also do it?

Barrett hadn't previously played for Colchester, Wordsworth was a legend there, but still did that?! It's like Barrett signing for Orient, scoring, and running the length of the pitch to goad us! Do you get it now?

It's that total lack of respect for previous teams that annoys me, he was crap today,and will probably be playing League 2 next year along with our losers. I hope he signs for MK Dons, where I'm sure he'll take great delight in goading the Wimbledon fans. :Thumbs down: As I said, grade A ****.

What was the Elvis incident - must have missed that.

Back