• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dover Athletic 1-0 Southend United

There’s almost a slight irony today in that before the game the fans were singing Chris Powell’s name, yet actually he started what we are currently dealing with.

There’s almost a slight irony today in that before the game the fans were singing Chris Powell’s name, yet actually he started what we are currently dealing with.

He made some mistakes, pretty serious ones (especially in midfield and with the fitness regime), but at least we know he loves the club - sadly a bit too much to be effective in the latter months of his tenure

Jonny Stokes would have been on here later taking the P. But Maldon & Tiptree have just scored a fantastic goal with a player picking the ball up from just outside his own penalty area, to go 2-0 up against Orient. Worth seeing. Back to our game. Sol is out of his depth. He's a Championship Manager trying to get wins from this lot.

Ha! My footballing claim to fame as a player was that I actually played on Maldon's (then) pitch back in the day, in 1971 in the final of the Eastern National Omnibus trophy for Souhend garage (against Clacton,IIRC).Only time I ever got my name in a match programme too.We lost narrowly as I recall.

Actually it was Phil Brown who started what we are currently dealing with. Chris Powell was just cursed with bad luck to go with some bad judgement on some player’s abilities. Bond then made it ten times worse with signings none of which are good enough for this League.

Honestly if Sol has identified the players that don’t want to be here then don’t play them end of story. Play the youth who actually want to play. I’d rather watch the kids lose 4-0 every week than these ****ing ****ers lose 4-0 every week

Weren't only 4 of todays players signed by Powell?

Dieng, Mantom (Did he play??), Lennon, Hopper

Thanks all this just made my f**K**G day..to wake up monday morning and read this dross. Time you supporters rallied and did something before we have no club at all.

Mantom was injured but it's all the manager's mistakes which got this club here IMO.

Brown and his long term contracts for select players, taking up the wage bill. Bond's signings as well have been a waste and Powell's.

It's a mess of all three managers plus higher ups.

It really says it all when someone coming out the stadium said along the lines of "thank god we didn't draw, I couldn't take another 90 minutes of the replay."

Last edited:
Listed below are all the occasions launching vitriolic and abusive insults has worked on our players:
Listed below are the times getting 100% behind has worked
MK Don's

Not condoning the abuse but only a few players seem to hurt in defeat and a core are not giving 100% which is the minimum the fans expect when the going is this bad

What is wrong with the fans today? Everybody knows that the team isn't good enough and relegation is looking certain but abusing the players towards the end isn't going to help anybody. I was disgusted and ashamed with the lot of so called fans. It was a fair and expected result and it is only a game of football, only the minute's silence at the beginning meant anything.

I agree with you, its only a game and it is only a game, and i was not expecting miracles today,
But this game / team that i watch costs me a serious amount of money to follow, like many others it cost me serious amounts of money to go to Portsmouth and again today at Dover.
I just wish the team could put as much effort into playing football to a sensible standard for this league, as i do working each week to earn money to go and watch this team play below par football.
Or maybe the club could subsidise my expenses to follow this team. Maybe, a

I think the fans have been more than patient. If the players want cheers they should win something. They are all old enough to understand football. If you play like crap people arent happy. Play like crap and be the worst side people have seen in 50 years then expect boos.

And if you dont like it lift your game or bugger off.

Does that include telling kids that you hope their family die of cancer? That’s ok if they’re playing badly is it?

****ing scumbags and cowards the lot of you that have brushed over this and shame on the people that stood by and heard it.

Back