• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

His Dark Materials - episode 1 yesterday, of 8, I believe. Absolutely loved the books, but it's so long since I read them that I couldn't remember half of what goes on.

Don't know if it's just me, but I didn't find the key character of Lyra, very likeable. Guess we'll wait and see how it all "pans" out.

Wasn't impressed by His Dark Materials.

The BBC obviously realised episode one was pony which is why they added a massive action packed trailer at the end.

The BBC obviously realised episode one was pony which is why they added a massive action packed trailer at the end.

I do remember that I had to really force myself to continue with the 1st book, I guess this has come over in the TV series too as I've read several people saying this. Stick with it, it will get better.

Most opening episodes are there to set the scene. I'm sure with BBC & HBO at the helm it will be a good series. World on Fire started off slowly but that's cooking on gas now!

Watched the series 2 finale of Mary Kills People last night, a Canadian gem hidden away on More4. Final series 3 starts midnight tomorrow. With only 6 episodes in each series it can be a somewhat difficult watch as the subject concerns assisted suicide but is so very well handled with plenty of twists and turns. 9/10 ?

The book started very slowly as well, in fact first time round I nearly gave up on it, but it certainly picks up. I think the trailer was very sensible thing.

Madam and I watched 10 minutes of 'His Dark Materials', couldn't make out much of the dialogue as it was too indistinct, gave up on it. I am sure many will have enjoyed it though.

Devil next door Netflix documentary about man who was eventually found guilty of being a guard at concentration camp in second world war.Was very interesting and well worth a watch

Caught up with thriller The Capture on Iplayer. Good stuff and scary if there's any truth at all in the premise.

World on Fire - Last episode of a series that has got better and better. It is due to return which is a very good thing as this episode left us hanging there!!

Devil next door Netflix documentary about man who was eventually found guilty of being a guard at concentration camp in second world war.Was very interesting and well worth a watch
spoiler alert!

HDM - still slow. I wonder if it'll lose viewers. Though forgive me if I'm wrong but..,

Spoiler:  
I don't remember the Magesterium being able to cross worlds until Will gets the Subtle Knife, and that's in book 2.

For anyone interested, there's a programme about to start on BBC1 about the Seven Hotel on the seafront.

Drama update :

I've cast my jeweller's eyepiece over recent offerings :-

The Capture - Quite superb and Laura Haddock, as well.

A Confession - All round pretty good and based on a more than interesting true story.

Dublin Murders - Needless sub-plot wasting two episodes. Superb acting, throughout.

The Accident - Yep, not too bad.

Guilt - This is absolutely top drawer. A Scottish Fargo. Highly recommend it.

Next up, Gold Digger

Last edited:
Back