• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron speaks

Ron is pumping in £200,000 per month to keep the club afloat. If, like some of you, he decides to chuck teddy in the corner.......Then we will be in trouble.

So you're saying every single day, he puts £7,000 of his own money into the club? Really?

What sort of players are we likely to sign. Surely most decent players are under contracts until the summer. Do we have money to buy players?
Loans perhaps? anyone know how many you are allowed at one time?

I would have thought they might all be loans with a view to signing some of them if they fit in ready for a new start next season whichever league you are in. There will be clubs with top heavy squads who want to loan out some decent players who are just not getting a regular game, not all of whom will be youngsters. Now we (Colchester) have players back from injury our 1st team squad including Theo who is still on loan, numbers 32. There are some decent players there who hardly ever play so will probably get loaned out. I am not saying they would be suitable for you guys but we won't be the only club with excess decent players. https://www.cu-fc.com/fixtures/first-team/

Bring back Sam Hart, he was class towards the end, either left back or left midfield

So you're saying every single day, he puts £7,000 of his own money into the club? Really?

I doubt it pays in a daily amount that wouldn't make sense would it?

As for a monthly amount I reckon its a lot more than £200,000 for November. After season tickets (money mostly already spent) and some freebies for the Oxford game.......What is our income from this month. After the cost of the games v Wombles and Oxford, maybe enough to pay Bond, Ridgewell, Wad and Tod?.....Surely we don't have enough left to pay Lennon.

I’d be very surprised even if we brought in 4 players in January let alone anywhere near 6, and that’s if we get players loaned out the other way or moved on in some way, a lot of hard work in a short time.

TBF this is what is a bit unfair when we are so quick to criticise- Ron is a supporter of the club, wants success not failure, but unlike us rather than put £20 a week into the club it is costing him big time. Yes we can say his payback comes with the new ground/developments etc. But a lot of it has gone on trying to make the club successful on the pitch not just surviving on the cheap.

And as we have often said on here when the grass is greener brigade fantasise about the appearance of rich new backers- many a clubs supporter would say be careful what you wish for and share their cautionary tale.

TBF this is what is a bit unfair when we are so quick to criticise- Ron is a supporter of the club, wants success not failure, but unlike us rather than put £20 a week into the club it is costing him big time. Yes we can say his payback comes with the new ground/developments etc. But a lot of it has gone on trying to make the club successful on the pitch not just surviving on the cheap.

And as we have often said on here when the grass is greener brigade fantasise about the appearance of rich new backers- many a clubs supporter would say be careful what you wish for and share their cautionary tale.

My understanding is that the Chairman's aggressive attitude (over dividing the future spoils of FF) has frightened potential, wealthy backers away.I'm aware of at least one such potential backer,a former supporter of ours,who is now involved with Chelmsford FC.

My understanding is that the Chairman's aggressive attitude (over dividing the future spoils of FF) has frightened potential, wealthy backers away.I'm aware of at least one such potential backer,a former supporter of ours,who is now involved with Chelmsford FC.

I think we have an order of magnitude problem here. I will watch Chelmsford spending in the transfer market and on their ground with interest, but in terms of a L1 club a wealthy backer would need to bring many millions to move the dial. Now not knowing who this potential backer was its difficult to say, but would they have been a game changer to this degree?

Seriously have to question who the people wanting Sol gone already are expecting, Sol's a rookie manager and is going to make mistakes but the important thing is that he's new enough to this to not be set in his ways. We're not an attractive club, if you expect the perfect manager to come here you need to check where we are in the table.

We'll see if he's set in his ways or not if he persists in playing with a back 3/5 in our next two away games and after that.

I think we have an order of magnitude problem here. I will watch Chelmsford spending in the transfer market and on their ground with interest, but in terms of a L1 club a wealthy backer would need to bring many millions to move the dial. Now not knowing who this potential backer was its difficult to say, but would they have been a game changer to this degree?

He's an individual of high net worth who was interested in taking over the club (along with some others ) the last time we were in serious trouble.

None of this mess has been created by sol Campbell and we are lucky he has the balls to be prepared to put his reputation on the line fixing it.

We have many fantastic supporters. But on Saturday, as is often the case, I found the noisiest and loudest criticism was coming from people whose decibel levels were inversely proportional to their knowledge of the game.

It was the normal I pay my season ticket so I can abuse who I like and loudly- and by the way I used to help sir paint the white lines on the pitch at primary school so my opinion is way more important than anyone elses...

Its hard, its upsetting, but we have to give the team 100% support through this- recognise what goes right and bite our tongues when it doesn't. Sol will play and drop players based on performance without the highly knowledgable input from the fantasy football managers in the crowd.

Rant over. I'll get my coat.

None of this mess has been created by sol Campbell and we are lucky he has the balls to be prepared to put his reputation on the line fixing it.

We have many fantastic supporters. But on Saturday, as is often the case, I found the noisiest and loudest criticism was coming from people whose decibel levels were inversely proportional to their knowledge of the game.

It was the normal I pay my season ticket so I can abuse who I like and loudly- and by the way I used to help sir paint the white lines on the pitch at primary school so my opinion is way more important than anyone elses...

Its hard, its upsetting, but we have to give the team 100% support through this- recognise what goes right and bite our tongues when it doesn't. Sol will play and drop players based on performance without the highly knowledgable input from the fantasy football managers in the crowd.

Rant over. I'll get my coat.
Put that coat down Sir.

You are spot on it was the same where I sit too,

While I don't like some of the players, while I don't like some managers decisions, come 3pm and they walk on that pitch I will support them 100% no matter what,no matter how hard it is and no matter how frustrating it is.

We have great supporters and as you say everyone needs to be behind the team and not balling out players, that wont help them or make them want to play any better. But loyal, vocal support will.

If only he would sell to one of the billionaires queueing up to buy the club.
If tongue-in-cheek, fair enough.
If serious, be careful for what you wish.
How many up and down the leagues have fetched up a so-called sugar daddy to find themselves bankrupt?
Stopped for a few seconds and a glance at the leagues and came up with seven without further research.
Even Roman and Chelsea are barred from buying. There is no free lunch, or even a press box sausage roll!

I know exactly where you are coming from.I have one such ignorant so called supporter just behind me. You don't hear a peep from him when the players have done something well.

Yet if they don't turn on a sixpence and play a 50 yard pass to feet, then he always goes into one. Somebody did ask him had he played football and he answered, yeh played at Braintree once before they were good !

Never heard him encourage anybody.

Put that coat down Sir.

You are spot on it was the same where I sit too,

While I don't like some of the players, while I don't like some managers decisions, come 3pm and they walk on that pitch I will support them 100% no matter what,no matter how hard it is and no matter how frustrating it is.

We have great supporters and as you say everyone needs to be behind the team and not balling out players, that wont help them or make them want to play any better. But loyal, vocal support will.
I am the silent type at games and observe these individuals, hurling abuse .. and think, why pay for a match ticket/coffee/burger/programme just to clearly stress yourself out for 90 mins. Maybe it's their escape?? All very well saying 'I for pay my ticket I do as I choose' but why should every one around them have to suffer their nonsense? Agreed, this season has tested the patience of most .. it's been shocking .. but nevertheless some of the drivel spouted by these wannabe managers is senseless. I'll be there in Bristol, looking for positives and hoping that away from RH the players might be feeling the pressure a tad less and against all the odds, get a result we can begin to build from.

Edited to add - I hope they can do that at Burton too, but I won't be there ;)

Presumably not -which would be why he joined up with Chelmsford fc I suppose. :Think:

Since Sainsburys pulled out the project has obviously grown in size and cost. Ron has also binned BL because he says they wanted to much. So its not just individuals who dot pass the Ron financial test.

That aside if you were in Rons shoes and owned RH and FF. If you had done all the hard miles, like financially, the council, Sainsburys, angry fans outside the family home and last but no least following your team home up and down the country.....Would you really give a large slice of your big pay day to someone else....A Johnny come lately who will only borrow the money same as you would.

Ron has stated he will wipe off the £17m debt. Donate land for the church, flats from FF to fund the clubs future and a state of the art Academy with two indoor pitches with domes etc.....So maybe turning down investment now is actually a good thing for us fans ?

What if a new owner said bollocks to all that lets just have a Col U stadium, more housing and shops and make sure we maximise profit?

I know exactly where you are coming from.I have one such ignorant so called supporter just behind me. You don't hear a peep from him when the players have done something well.

Yet if they don't turn on a sixpence and play a 50 yard pass to feet, then he always goes into one. Somebody did ask him had he played football and he answered, yeh played at Braintree once before they were good !

Never heard him encourage anybody.

I haven't had a season ticket for a while now but tend to go south upper when I go to the odd game nowadays. There is a bloke and his kid up there and this bloke does nothing but moan and it has rubbed off on his horrible kid. The kid spends all game on a handheld computer thing playing games but he pulls himself away from his engrossing game every time the crowd start moaning about the ref. He then goes on a screaming expletive loaded rant at the ref, despite the fact he was watching his screen rather than the game and hasn't a clue what really went on. He must only be about 10 yrs old, horrible kid who will grow into a horrible fan.

Since Sainsburys pulled out the project has obviously grown in size and cost. Ron has also binned BL because he says they wanted to much. So its not just individuals who dot pass the Ron financial test.

That aside if you were in Rons shoes and owned RH and FF. If you had done all the hard miles, like financially, the council, Sainsburys, angry fans outside the family home and last but no least following your team home up and down the country.....Would you really give a large slice of your big pay day to someone else....A Johnny come lately who will only borrow the money same as you would.

Ron has stated he will wipe off the £17m debt. Donate land for the church, flats from FF to fund the clubs future and a state of the art Academy with two indoor pitches with domes etc.....So maybe turning down investment now is actually a good thing for us fans ?

What if a new owner said bollocks to all that lets just have a Col U stadium, more housing and shops and make sure we maximise profit?

What part of "with others" didn't you understand?

Back