• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

If I were Ron, I would have serious reservations on FF, league 1 could maybe just about cover it. League 2 or worst is not a healthy financial option.

Thought the penalty decision turned the whole game. Very very harsh penalty in my opinion, why don't we ever get these decisions? Hopper could should have had a penalty first half, course it wasn't given, we haven't had one all season.
Thought Demi worked so hard first half and unfortunately we missed him after he had to go off.

If I were Ron, I would have serious reservations on FF, league 1 could maybe just about cover it. League 2 or worst is not a healthy financial option.

He should forget Fossetts Farm and just redevelop Roots Hall.

Thought the penalty decision turned the whole game. Very very harsh penalty in my opinion, why don't we ever get these decisions? Hopper could should have had a penalty first half, course it wasn't given, we haven't had one all season.
Thought Demi worked so hard first half and unfortunately we missed him after he had to go off.

Thought the pen. was fair enough.Elvis's tackle was high.Agree with the rest of your post.We missed Hopper big time too in the 2nd half.

Calmed down a bit and full credit to all those who went and now have a miserable journey home this team does not deserve you as supporters - an absolute disgrace!

Elvis worries me at times. He rarely seems to be goal side when we concede.

Might be the most realistic option for the future though.

For who?

Ron has chased this dream for nigh on 20 years. He won’t throw it away now. The flats, the hotel, the retail are his pension. He’s never gunna earn that money by renovating our dilapidated ****hole.

And as for us, well, I’m still sceptical that a move to FF will be anything other than a **** show, but to stay at Roots Hall, we’d need an eye-watering cash injection. Which we ain’t gunna get.

I’ve said it before, I’ll be amazed if we’re still in business in 10 years time.

Blimey. That last line! :-

Sol: “It’s extremely difficult to take. We had a fantastic first half but I told them at half-time the game wasn’t done. We had to keep doing the same things but we didn’t. Players weren’t getting back into position and weren't busting a gut but they do what they want.”

For who?

Ron has chased this dream for nigh on 20 years. He won’t throw it away now. The flats, the hotel, the retail are his pension. He’s never gunna earn that money by renovating our dilapidated ****hole.

And as for us, well, I’m still sceptical that a move to FF will be anything other than a **** show, but to stay at Roots Hall, we’d need an eye-watering cash injection. Which we ain’t gunna get.

I’ve said it before, I’ll be amazed if we’re still in business in 10 years time.

I seem to remember our late father saying that a building development that he had in Beccles (Norfolk) would provide an income for the family long after his death.That potential income was wiped out by the stock market crash in the early 70's. Things happen.In the same way that the 2008 crash made it impossible fo the Chairman to get financial backing to develop FF.

FWIW,I agree with your final remark,

For who?

Off topic I know.

I just can't see it ever happening FF that is.. RM has always relied on other peoples money and they can change their minds at any point and that is one massive project...Retail is on it's arse however you look at it, a new hotel at the airport is already in planning, Seaway maybe get the go ahead with their Cinema etc. Ok he has sold on a bit next fo land next to RH, but that is all I can see.

I would be pleased to be proved wrong of course but 20 years along the line we are still where we are..

... and more :-

Sol: "For the penalty we aren’t in the right position. If you’re not in the right position then these things can happen. We don’t want to get into position, to get in where it hurts or to keep running it seems."

more :-

Sol: "I’m disappointed because we chucked an amazing first half out the window. We might as well have lost 4-0. We could have go on and won the game but we stopped doing what we did in the first half. I don’t know what world they are living in."

Hopper seems OK though. Just a deep gash but nothing serious.

Back