• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

I seem to remember our late father saying that a building development that he had in Beccles (Norfolk) would provide an income for the family long after his death.That potential income was wiped out by the stock market crash in the early 70's. Things happen.In the same way that the 2008 crash made it impossible fo the Chairman to get financial backing to develop FF.

FWIW,I agree with your final remark,

For sure, life is unpredictable, and even the best laid plans can go awry.

But that can’t stop you from planning a future, just as Ron has done.

Even SOL admits "I don't know what place these players are living in"

He sounded very very frustrated.

Blimey. That last line! :-

Sol: “Players weren’t getting back into position and weren't busting a gut but they do what they want.”

Then take them off! Send the message out that he minute you dont compete and work you’re no use to him. It’s alright doing that when it’s a young player but show some ****ing balls and pull an experienced player for it

If we’d started the post match thread at half time I wonder what would’ve been the reaction....

Same players......

Just saying
I have not responded to any of your posts in the past but I find you always do your best to bring out negative comments from other posters.

In response to your comment on this post, a game lasts 90 minutes and players are judged at the end of the game not just after 45 minutes. There were plenty of positive comments on the match thread during the first half but we are all disheartened after throwing this game away in the second half.

You have good insight on team selections and tactics but please can we ask you to stop with your sarcasm to other posters.

Then take them off! Send the message out that he minute you dont compete and work you’re no use to him. It’s alright doing that when it’s a young player but show some ****ing balls and pull an experienced player for it

..that would entail taking 11 players off, though. I'm not sure that's allowed, unless they've come up with another rule change

FWIW, I’ve never been a fan of the idea of dropping an entire squad, and playing the kids, no matter how many times the idea gets thrown around.

However, we’re now effectively relegated (if you don’t agree, please seek medical help) and the majority of this mob will be politely asked to go **** themselves come summer time.

So... for once, I actually think it’d be perfectly acceptable to drop every single one of them, and play the kids.

I have not responded to any of your posts in the past but I find you always do your best to bring out negative comments from other posters.

In response to your comment on this post, a game lasts 90 minutes and players are judged at the end of the game not just after 45 minutes. There were plenty of positive comments on the match thread during the first half but we are all disheartened after throwing this game away in the second half.

You have good insight on team selections and tactics but please can we ask you to stop with your sarcasm to other posters.

You miss my point completely. But then I’m not surprised.

My point was in the main for too many clueless idiots (in football in general not just here) that judge by the minute. Good now rubbish later. We win we all payed well we lose we all played ****. No concept whatsoever on some of the finer details or the possible reasons.

The same set of players played both halves. They can’t....simply can’t....have been world beaters for 45 and criminally bad for 45 without any other influence.

Maybe some objectivity when things are going well and some clarity when they aren’t and a more objective judgement on people, players, games, performances and results may help?

Maybe the reason for the two chalk and cheese performance levels was more to do with how BC conducted themselves? Maybe our players were perfectly capable of dealing with a side that was off the ball off the pace and generally a little complacent....maybe the same set of players weren’t so adept at competing with a team that changed tactics went route one and upped their levels of desire?

Just a thought eh?

Read my posts again. More often than not it’s in support of offering a more objective opinion rather than the rash scoreline based irrational subjective comments regarding players and teams and some of the personal abuse chucked about.

I really, really wish I were one of you that say “I’m not bothered any more, I’m used to it.”

I’m f***ing fed up after every game, it hurts after every game. And I wish those players felt the same as me.

My point was in the main for too many clueless idiots (in football in general not just here) that judge by the minute. Good now rubbish later. We win we all payed well we lose we all played ****. No concept whatsoever on some of the finer details or the possible reasons.

The same set of players played both halves. They can’t....simply can’t....have been world beaters for 45 and criminally bad for 45 without any other influence.

Maybe some objectivity when things are going well and some clarity when they aren’t and a more objective judgement on people, players, games, performances and results may help?

Maybe the reason for the two chalk and cheese performance levels was more to do with how BC conducted themselves? Maybe our players were perfectly capable of dealing with a side that was off the ball off the pace and generally a little complacent....maybe the same set of players weren’t so adept at competing with a team that changed tactics went route one and upped their levels of desire?

Just a thought eh?

Read my posts again. More often than not it’s in support of offering a more objective opinion rather than the rash scoreline based irrational subjective comments regarding players and teams and some of the personal abuse chucked about.

And what do you do when replying to a poster who mentions you being sarcastic to others...Surprise surprise you answer with a post full of sarcasm.

It's simple here STOP IT!

Oh do me a favour

Some of the shot comments on here that go unnoticed.....and you pull that up? Come on

It wasn’t sarcastic at all. They were statements. If people can’t read that without getting the ump there’s bigger problems than I thought

You seriously have to ask what is going on in these players heads.
Initially we all thought SCP was the problem, then followed by Bond but now that Mr Campbell is here the problems remain although there has been a very slight improvement.
The players now should take responsibility for their performances. If I went to work and under performed like this my a**e would be out the door.
I fear it is too late in the day to salvage much and Mr Campbell must wonder what they hell he has come to.
Normally the games up to and during the Xmas period are good games with good crowds but not this year I suspect

Still despite all this I shall be taking my seat as per usual

It’s fairly obvious that Coughlan must have given the hairdryer treatment to his team whereas Sol must have sent ours out with a ‘well done lads, more of the same’ rubbish. Ron chose the wrong manager.

Just a thought eh?

And what do you do when replying to a poster who mentions you being sarcastic to others...Surprise surprise you answer with a post full of sarcasm.

It's simple here STOP IT!
Thank you Cricko, his response to my post proved the point I was making.

It’s fairly obvious that Coughlan must have given the hairdryer treatment to his team whereas Sol must have sent ours out with a ‘well done lads, more of the same’ rubbish. Ron chose the wrong manager.
No. The players have shown all season they don’t care. It’s almost as if they want to lose as something has annoyed them.

Oh do me a favour

Some of the shot comments on here that go unnoticed.....and you pull that up? Come on

It wasn’t sarcastic at all. They were statements. If people can’t read that without getting the ump there’s bigger problems than I thought

I am not going to get into an argument with you as you have had untold amounts of PM's with my co-owner who has tried to warn you before, it is pointless and we have let you get away with it Grapevine.

I will however say (in my best sarcastic tone) I won't put up with it..You see over there under my name it says CEO, well thats me.

That is it..last warning.

Last edited:
Back