• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most interesting point I take from that, is the idea that the players don’t get the idea of Dieng being captain, or playing CB.

It’s not a democracy, where they have a group vote on it. Sol decides, and he lives and dies by that decision. That’s what he gets paid for.

These areshole players can either accept it, or **** off. Preferably the latter.

Absolutely no surprise that the main person accused of self-policing, is the same one who’s bird has thrown her toys out of the pram on Twitter.

****ing disgraceful, the lot of them.
These players have been on easy street too long. If anyone is expecting sympathy for them, they can quite frankly do one.

Regardless of what you think of Ron, it's difficult to disagree with that statement
His reported comments are as usual full of suppositions and half truths. Presumably he means we might have had more home games if we had gone on a cup run as gates have held up quite well considering the dire performances in the league. If we had progressed in any of the cups, who knows if the resultant fixtures would have been home draws. The only weekend fixture lost would have been the FA Cup second round had we beaten Dover and the other cups, if home games, would have been midweek fixtures in front of derisory crowds. The loss of the Bury league fixture should have been factored in to cash flow forecasts at the start of the season. Sorry Ron, as far as any last vestige of credibility is concerned, this week's shenanigans have completely blown it away. He is trying to portray himself as a benefactor in keeping the club afloat but in truth it is his mismanagement and poor judgement that have landed us in this mess.

lol at Ron mentioning the sponsor.

Wasn’t the whole idea of going with a betting company, that they were giving us a decent return in sponsorship money, this term?

I'd guess that signings are paid for in instalments; stewards want paying on the day.

I was under the impression that the Stewards were paid on the day. I always walk through the south from the west when leaving the game, and the Stewards are queuing up at the window next to Shrimpers bar. I have seen them with small envelopes that look like wage packets in their hands!!!!

These players have been on easy street too long. If anyone is expecting sympathy for them, they can quite frankly do one.

I have sympathy for anyone not paid (be they footballers or anyone else), in todays world its not easy to get by with little or no income.

Some of those not paid were youth players like Kelman apparently.

She also seems to like every tweet that has been negative toward Stephen Humphrys

Well that’s no real surprise. She’s just championing what her boyfriend thinks anyway, as she’s done with comments about Sol Campbell.

She seems delightful, anyway.

I was under the impression that the Stewards were paid on the day. I always walk through the south from the west when leaving the game, and the Stewards are queuing up at the window next to Shrimpers bar. I have seen them with small envelopes that look like wage packets in their hands!!!!
In the good old days the stewards used to be paid cash in little brown envelopes every match, but are now paid monthly into their bank accounts. They have to sign out at that window, hand radios and passes back in, perhaps the envelopes you have seen are their pay slips?

I have sympathy for anyone not paid (be they footballers or anyone else), in todays world its not easy to get by with little or no income.

I’m speculating here, but how sure are we, that this issue of non-payment of wages, has been the sole factor behind this supposed argument with Campbell?

Who’s to say that certain individuals haven’t used it as an excuse to have their little pop at Sol?

I’m speculating here, but how sure are we, that this issue of non-payment of wages, has been the sole factor behind this supposed argument with Campbell?

Who’s to say that certain individuals haven’t used it as an excuse to have their little pop at Sol?

I was just saying i have genuine sympathy for anyone who isnt paid by there employer. apologies if I have misunderstood your post.

So in summary , in a season of many “worst ever” performances we have a week when we haven’t even played a game and the players Are ( for many) even more disliked than they were at all he start of the week- that’s quite a performance ( that’s a first ).

of course another view (pick and choosing which comments to believe) is that the strike comment was bollocks, the CP comment was bollocks, it was the junior pkayers not being paid and the senior guys stood up for them- which is good.
expect a 3-0 home win tomorrow ?

unfortunately ron”s comments were awful- the only thing to debate is just how bad were they

I wasn’t referring to youth players, more the senior ones who quite frankly only have themselves to blame. They were at Dover, they’ve all been played at various points in some shocking league performances. There’s more to this than non payment of wages it’s their whole attitude.

The only thing with this theory is that it's been reported that some youth team players (presumably u23s - the academy players aren't on pro contracts are they?) haven't been paid. That won't be who Ron is trying to force out. Initial reports suggested there wasn't any correlation between who had been paid and who was out in the cold.

I think Ron's just short of cashflow. He has a tax bill to settle (someone said court hearing is 22nd Jan I think) and HMRC takes priority over employees. I think the unpaid tax bill means an automatic transfer embargo so although that has apparently now been settled presumably nothing is going to happen transfer wise until that has been dismissed.

Otherwise that looks pretty much spot on.

ps Spot on with the back office/matchday staff. I'll be joining you with a donation to those

See my post earlier in the thread. It is up to us to report ourselves to the FL, at which point an embargo will be imposed. We have (I believe) 28 days to do so. We therefore don't have to report ourselves until much later this month and as such won't be in a transfer embargo...at least not for any issue with HMRC. I'm not sure if we are until all the players are paid though.

I was just saying i have genuine sympathy for anyone who isnt paid by there employer. apologies if I have misunderstood your post.

Yeah sorry, wasn’t being contentional, Just musing out loud.

I’d agree wholeheartedly with you about the non-payment of wages, (well to a degree anyway, because I dont have a shred of sympathy for the majority of this lot)

Just putting a different spin on things, by saying that whilst some of them will have genuine reasons to be annoyed about not getting paid, something tells me that some of them are using it as an excuse.

In the good old days the stewards used to be paid cash in little brown envelopes every match, but are now paid monthly into their bank accounts. They have to sign out at that window, hand radios and passes back in, perhaps the envelopes you have seen are their pay slips?

i used to be a steward in the west stand back in the days and we were paid £8 plus a £2 luncheon voucher to be redeemed at the kiosk in the west stand. We used to had to go to the corner by the east and south stand to collect the £8 coins in our hands - doesn't sound like there is much difference apart from being given a radio!

I heard him on Talksport. My thoughts her firstly fair play for going on there. He didn't have to. He sounded thoroughly fed up with the whole thing (he's not the only one) but his reasoning for the financial shortfall did sound plausible. My understanding is that the football club has a budget to run within, which is under the control of whoever is running the club on a day to day basis (which obviously isn't Ron). That budget can only be guessed at in advance at our level as you don't know about cup runs, general form and gate money etc. I doubt anyone would have budgeted for a run like ours & the financial implications of that run. Plus in the lead up to Christmas the lack of home games etc. It is understandable that there would be a financial shortfall in the budget, which according to RM became apparent just before the Christmas shutdown. In order for him to pay money in to the club (£140k was mentioned), he can't just make a payment, has to be done properly with legal implications as he's giving money from one company to another. He said his solicitors were shut until Monday meaning he couldn't do anything until then, and then it takes a few days to sort. So in his words, any outstanding salaries will be paid today and the problem shouldn't happen again moving forward. He's commited to the club and will continue to fund it. Yes it could all be hogwash, but sounded believable. I guess we'll all have to take our own view & what will be will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back