• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Revenue would just be the loss of the average fan, but the Commercial dept would also be facing a challenge in selling hospitality, sponsorship, Club shop and all the other add ons..

A guy in the club shop told me that sales of the home shirt has been down this season, and sales of the away shirt has been very bad. Now whether that's due to results or poor choice of shirt, I don't know. Probably both.

There could also be that the half season ticket sales are amounting to I would guess a big fat £0 this year, wouldn’t that usually bring in a bit of cash in December

There could also be that the half season ticket sales are amounting to I would guess a big fat £0 this year, wouldn’t that usually bring in a bit of cash in December
I think that at least two Zoners have said that they have collected theirs' from the ticket office so it's a bit more than £0.

First time I’ve heard this, wonder how the meeting with the players went? Seems to back up the theory that Sol is standing up to the shirkers and the want-aways. If Sol gets who he wants, which I’m sceptical about, we will finally get to see who these “bad apples” are, for anyone still in doubt. Will be an interesting few weeks for sure. Let’s hope this is the start of the rebuild, not more smoke and mirrors.

Out of pure interest Kay, are The Trust trying to get a meeting with RM?

I'm not suggesting for 1 second it would gain anything as he would only tell you what he wants you to hear as per normal or the usual " I can't say due to sensitive information".

The Trust have been trying to get a meeting with Ron for a while, certainly in regard to attending a Liaison meeting since Geoffrey King's departure. As you know only too well, he will speak with who he wants, when he wants.

In order for him to pay money in to the club (£140k was mentioned), he can't just make a payment, has to be done properly with legal implications as he's giving money from one company to another. He said his solicitors were shut until Monday meaning he couldn't do anything until then, and then it takes a few days to sort.!

That part of his statement i can believe, as my son needed to sort out a matter with his Solicitor after Christmas, & expected them to re-open on Thurs 2nd Jan. They didn't re-open till this Mon.
But RM must have been aware of the financial cash flow crisis early Dec, so why didn't he book a meeting with them around the same time?.

Or to balance it out, the girlfriend of a player who is being forced out of the club, is taking a cheap shot, (probably based on emotion) at the man who is facilitating the aformentioned player’s exit.

So whilst I’ve got no doubt that some of them are rebelling against Sol, I’d be surprised if it was all of them.

What they’ve got to rebel against, I don’t know. Because Sol has made them train harder? Because there’s no more ketchup in the canteen? It’s all cobblers.

Let’s not forget that this group of players - again lead by a small, but influential number - have already seen off Phil Brown, Chris Powell, Kevin Bond and Gary Waddock.

**** the lot of ‘em.

If they want to strike this weekend, they should strap on a pair of bollocks, and stand in front of the fans in the Roots Hall car park, and be made to explain themselves.

Not being paid their wages, simply isn’t good enough reason IMO.

They’re probably rebelling against his appalling defensive tactics, ludicrous cliches and inability to organise the defence.

from what I am hearing, the players do not like Campbell at all.. (my personal opinion is Good, the way they treated previous managers that they did like which was damn well disgusting, my days of caring whether the players like their manager or not have long gone)

They also didn't like the dismissive response from Campbell when approached by the senior players (nice to see a senior pro stepping up at last) hence the Powell comment, which I have heard did get a serious reaction out of Campbell

Which then makes me think this...

Ron has said to Sol, look we are ****ed, these lack of games have made things really difficult for us to carry out the plan of bringing in a new conveyor belt of players in as we had planned, we are going to need some serious movement from some of the squad members before i'll have some funds to offer signing on insensitive and the increase in monthly salaries, if you can get rid of keirnan Cox and Oxley you've then got room for 6 or 7 incomers alone, just off the back of their salaries.

Sol says to Ron, they are not budging, their agents aren't being proactive as they know they will get better deals at the end of the year, the players are happy to just see out their contracts as they know they wont get the same money again

Ron then says, ok Sol, leave it to me ... the 6-7 he doesn't want anymore, he uses his old tactic that suited him so well previously, Ill just knock em... lets see how long they want to stay at a club for that doesnt pay em (sure i'll have to pay them eventually, but they can join the queue of the long list of creditors I already have)

its a waiting game, who will break first, the players or Ron? (hence campbells change of heart in the press, saying his hands are tied he doesn't know if he will get 1, none or 6?? because he genuinely doesn't know, )

so the player now says, ok I will stick this out on no pay, big costly court case, and potentially never get it all back, or I will bit the hand off of any club that comes in for me and cut my losses. some money is better than no money...

or another scenario is the player says ok, mr Chairman, you are now in breach of contract Im off... and ron cries crocodile tears and says please don't go, ill resolve all this soon I promise...

My personal opinion is very genuine and I couldn't give two hoots whether you agree or not, and that its this
the players basically went on strike when they decided they didnt like Brown, then Powell and then Bond, I think they have a lot to answer for in relation to the dire position, no cup games no bigger attendances.. a lot sits with them and their mentality that they as a collective will play God with the club, I believe their chickens are well and truly coming home to roost right now. is that legally right? of course not.. morally is it right? of course not.... do I care how they feel? No i dont...

do I care for the local coaches, back of house staff, matchday staff etc? Absolutely of course I do, My personal opinion they are the real employees of Southend Unites , people who genuinely care, people who live in the town.. I would happily make a donation to their salaries if the trust considered this an avenue forward?

The Trust consider themselves a supporters club not a Trust.

Having spoken to one of the players (who has been paid this morning). The comment about 'Chris Powell would of stuck up for us is a lie'.

Also Sol has zero man management skills. 3 x players (who I would say are influential in the squad, long term, senior members) have not had any form of direct chat with Sol.

There have been no 1 to 1 meetings, he has tried to put a regime in place that means there is no self policing in the squad and most of the players also don't get the Dieng being skipper and also playing centre back.

Its not just the 7 first team players (3 of whom have been playing week in week out) but also the U23s and the youth side.

RM will do his usual, pay at the last minute, go on TalkSport say there is no issue... etc.

I sadly don't think Sol is the guy for the job. I did not before hand. I personally felt we needed someone with passion for the club. Someone who would of felt the pain of what the fans are going through with what we watch week in week out.

Spot on mate.

Sol is not the right man for the job.

Definitely.

I don't think they will be too keen after the ones before. Ron hates them. Didn't he send the CEO out to one he was meant to attend? When questioned, Ron answers in typical politician mode, of rallying speech, without answering the blooming questions. If pushed, then it's sensitive information that he's not allowed to share. He will also put a positive spin on things, as the ship is sinking. So it's just a waste of time for everybody.

Surely their board representative discusses it at all the board meetings?

The most interesting point I take from that, is the idea that the players don’t get the idea of Dieng being captain, or playing CB.

It’s not a democracy, where they have a group vote on it. Sol decides, and he lives and dies by that decision. That’s what he gets paid for.

These areshole players can either accept it, or **** off. Preferably the latter.

Absolutely no surprise that the main person accused of self-policing, is the same one who’s bird has thrown her toys out of the pram on Twitter.

****ing disgraceful, the lot of them.

Would you have chosen Dieng as captain after his non-effort since he signed?

I took @SWF-Blue statement to mean that they weren’t happy with Dieng being Captain, OR playing CB.

Which IMO, highlights the problems within this squad. Too much player-power, and it’s gone on for too long.

But they’re right.

Doesn’t that count?

Last edited:
That part of his statement i can believe, as my son needed to sort out a matter with his Solicitor after Christmas, & expected them to re-open on Thurs 2nd Jan. They didn't re-open till this Mon.
But RM must have been aware of the financial cash flow crisis early Dec, so why didn't he book a meeting with them around the same time?.
What’s have solicitors got to do with anything, this is a payroll process managed by accountants/payroll process.

He has clearly had to release some cash from another business/sale of some assets to make this payment.

Basically he didn’t have enough in the clubs coffers to make the payments and selectively decided who deserved to be paid and who didn’t. Fair play and good way to try and force the ****e out of the club...

I liked the fact he was open about the recruitment mistakes that have been made...the responsibility for this disaster lies with the players and recommendations by previous managers of the ****e that has been signed. Ron doesn’t go blameless in all of this but I believe he has the club at heart....which is a lot more than can be said for some other owners!M

Spot on mate.

Sol is not the right man for the job.

Definitely.

Sol is definitely the man .... fronting up a load of toytown footballers -

yep - I reckon a few lower league billy big bollox have been found out
- not training properly, not fit, not prepared ...

and Sol will play a kid rather than a waster -

Get behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back